Illinois Pre-Game

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I'll get this party started by imploring you to not take the Illinois click-bait that is circulating.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/illinois-writer-looking-to-iu-fans-for-readership-clicks/

I thought "Boo" Williams, Troy's uncle, ran the AAU program that he was in and not his father.  I thought Troy's father was long out of the picture by that time.

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Nope, not down here in Evansville. I have Seton Hall vs. Xavier and later it's DePaul vs. 'Nova, woohoo.....

What a crock!!!!

Well I guess I can listen to Fisch...

It’s possible you can sign in to FS1 app with your cable provider and stream the game. 

When: Thursday, 1/3 at 7pm ET on FS1

ESPN: 89% chance of IU victory

Vegas: IU -11.5

KenPom: #113 Illinois at #25 IU. Gives IU an 88% chance of victory with a predicted score of 81-68

IU Scouting Report

image.png.d6d507ee34737e167fdba804c3f3ff7c.png

Illinois Scouting Report

image.png.cf7a3afa6370fd9d5d2963c4f384f012.png

The elephant in the room is Illinois's ability to turn their opponent over (7th in the nation) and our propensity for giving it up (236th in the nation). We shoot it better and hold opponents to a lower shooting percentage, both by considerable margins. Illinois is better at protecting the ball (not by much) and getting offensive rebounds. They also shoot free throws better, but still are below 70%. 

Illinois has two guys that shoot over 40% from 3 (Trent Frazier at 16 ppg, Aaron Jordan at 11ppg) so we will need to contain them. Illinois's best win this year is against KenPom #98 East Tennessee St.

5 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I'll get this party started by imploring you to not take the Illinois click-bait that is circulating.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/illinois-writer-looking-to-iu-fans-for-readership-clicks/

Is this the work of TeamworkNutjob? He always used to repeatedly post bogus stories of Knight paying players and claiming the NCAA would never do anything to IU because it was located in Indianapolis...even though he was constantly reminded that for the majority of Knight's tenure, the NCAA headquarters were in Kansas City.

As I have been saying for days now... the one concern (actually two), is Illinois' ability to play pressure defense... and IU's ineffectiveness against pressure defense, when it has been applied to us.  In fact, a desperate team requires desperate measures.  I would not be surprised seeing Underwood using a full court press against us for the entire game.

mile's one piece of advice to Archie, prior to the Illinois game:  Forget about working on free throw shooting for the time being.... and work on how to break pressure.

31 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Is this the work of TeamworkNutjob? He always used to repeatedly post bogus stories of Knight paying players and claiming the NCAA would never do anything to IU because it was located in Indianapolis...even though he was constantly reminded that for the majority of Knight's tenure, the NCAA headquarters were in Kansas City.

Loren Tate is the name.  He started with an agenda, and then just slapped together some words around it.

21 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Loren Tate is the name.  He started with an agenda, and then just slapped together some words around it.

Did not have to tell me.  Without even checking.  I figured it was Tate.  Been agenda driven since the Gordon years. 

Will follow your lead and not read.  Funny how this thing has turned around. Tate has nothing to hang his hat on, after the racks have fallen off the Illinois coaching tree, after Self.. Took awhile with BAM. Less with Groce. And could be even less under Underwood. 

An old Tate story... not the one you referenced :

Tate: Moves on Gordon have Illini Nation seeing red

18 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Loren Tate has been a fixture of spewing idiotic falsehoods about IU since the 70's....but I thought he retired? He's respected by a few....but general consensus is he's been a voicebox for the school and has been told what he can and can't write. Not many respect his work.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Loren Tate has been a fixture of spewing idiotic falsehoods about IU since the 70's....but I thought he retired? He's respected by a few....but general consensus is he's been a voicebox for the school and has been told what he can and can't write. Not many respect his work.

Tate.  The polar opposite of Terry Hutchins.

The only reason we keep this one close will be because we won't have played in just under 2 weeks. It's simple. Illinois sucks. Is really bad. Underwood's pressure defense is foul, foul, foul....and hope officials don't call. Plus they have literally zero shooters. They have one guy is a borderline 4/5 star recruit that is a product of the hype machine surround his AAU team. 

I really don't expect this one to be close.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

As I have been saying for days now... the one concern (actually two), is Illinois' ability to play pressure defense... and IU's ineffectiveness against pressure defense, when it has been applied to us.  In fact, a desperate team requires desperate measures.  I would not be surprised seeing Underwood using a full court press against us for the entire game.

mile's one piece of advice to Archie, prior to the Illinois game:  Forget about working on free throw shooting for the time being.... and work on how to break pressure.

Underwood is planning to attack Romeo's wrist early and often I assure you.  I'm just hoping no one gets hurt.  They are desperate and the only way they can salvage their season is to beat IU.  

Archived