Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q: What are some of the factors that will make up your decision?

A: I want to go to somewhere I can see myself at for possibly four years if I have to. I want to go to a place I can feel like I'm loved and appreciated. I also want to feel like family with the people I’m around and not just group of basketball players.

--Oh just wait until Hoosier Hysteria, Keion. No place will make you feel more loved and appreciated than the hoosier faithful

I think Purdue might be more in this recruitment than anyone has thought based on his comments. He (and most importantly his parents) give Painter credit for offering him first and he talked about the family environment. Then he caps off his interview saying he wants to go somewhere where he's loved and appreciated where he feels like family and not just a basketball player....basically reiterating everything he said he loved about Purdue. Archie is going to have to sell more than having "Indiana" across his chest to land this kid so lets hope he starts tugging on those heart strings....couldn't hurt to bring in a legacy like Watford to bolster that "family" aspect. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

I think Purdue might be more in this recruitment than anyone has thought based on his comments. He (and most importantly his parents) give Painter credit for offering him first and he talked about the family environment. Then he caps off his interview saying he wants to go somewhere where he's loved and appreciated where he feels like family and not just a basketball player....basically reiterating everything he said he loved about Purdue. Archie is going to have to sell more than having "Indiana" across his chest to land this kid so lets hope he starts tugging on those heart strings....couldn't hurt to bring in a legacy like Watford to bolster that "family" aspect. 

My personal opinion, but Brooks doesn't seem to fit in to their offense. Brooks needs to be in a more up tempo offense. With PU's bigs, they slow it down a bit, so their wings really need to shoot and score.

Brooks is going to make a living rebounding and cleaning up early in his college career. The up tempo game would fit that much better.

Just now, ephul said:

My personal opinion, but Brooks doesn't seem to fit in to their offense. Brooks needs to be in a more up tempo offense. With PU's bigs, they slow it down a bit, so their wings really need to shoot and score.

Brooks is going to make a living rebounding and cleaning up early in his college career. The up tempo game would fit that much better.

I completely agree, but we can't sleep on Purdue....They are the favorite to win the BigTen outright two years in a row, will likely be a 1 seed in March while we'll be NIT bound at best. A monster run in the tournament could turn Painter's recruiting woes around in a heartbeat....hopefully our Hoosiers can make a run down the stretch and show the potential we need. Landing Romeo and getting Morgan back next year along with our other talented freshmen I think would seal the deal for the 2019 kids we want to bring in.

3 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Q: What are some of the factors that will make up your decision?

A: I want to go to somewhere I can see myself at for possibly four years if I have to. I want to go to a place I can feel like I'm loved and appreciated. I also want to feel like family with the people I’m around and not just group of basketball players.

--Oh just wait until Hoosier Hysteria, Keion. No place will make you feel more loved and appreciated than the hoosier faithful

I am pretty sure he was at this years Hoosier Hysteria

48 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

My guess would be Jajuan Johnson or Hummell.  Not sure we really had a shot at either though.

Right now I don't recall anything about the Johnson recruitment, but we were in it for Hummel.  As I recall that year we had just hired Sampson.  So the instability around the program hurt.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Caleb Swanigan, also from Ft. Wayne

We were never really in it for Swanigan, I am sure we offered, CTC offered everyone.  His final schools MSU. PU, Cal maybe UK.  Committed to MSU,  He decommitted from MSU  1 month later and 12 days later committed for PU.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

IU was never a player with Swanigan.

Lol...so it doesn't count because he wasn't adequately interested in the first place? He's an instate 5-star kid IU recruited and offered a scholarship to and didn't get even though Crean (and the entire IU fan base) really wanted him....In my opinion that's losing a recruit to Purdue and it's something I really hope doesn't happen here with Brooks given all the attention Purdue is getting and will continue to get as the season closes out.

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Lol...so it doesn't count because he wasn't adequately interested in the first place? He's an instate 5-star kid IU recruited and offered a scholarship to and didn't get even though Crean (and the entire IU fan base) really wanted him....In my opinion that's losing a recruit to Purdue and it's something I really hope doesn't happen here with Brooks given all the attention Purdue is getting and will continue to get as the season closes out.

Correct. IU didn't lose him because they weren't competing for him. He was never even discussed as a possibility on HSN, so not sure about "the entire IU fan base" wanting him. We all knew he was a Nike recruit and IU had no chance.

Archived