Delphi and other cold cases.

rico

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

All I heard is they were dismembered and spread about, staged.  What that means, I don't  want to know.  

There is no need for this individual to spend many more days on this earth. Hang that mfer and move on. They said they focused their attention on a fire pit in his backyard during the search of his house. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So.... this dude entered a non guilty plea... I assume that is pretty common practice here. Is that simply to see what sort of evidence the state has? 

Ultimately, what I am getting at... if he continues with the non guilty plea, death row is on the table, correct? 

They enter not guilty pleas to try and work out a plea deal to avoid trials. Trials are expensive and jury selection is a pain.  

Prosecutors will use plea deals as leverage for more information.  Carrot and stick kinda thing. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

They enter not guilty pleas to try and work out a plea deal to avoid trials. Trials are expensive and jury selection is a pain.  

Prosecutors will use plea deals as leverage for more information.  Carrot and stick kinda thing. 

Kind of what I figured. Thank you. 

39 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So.... this dude entered a non guilty plea... I assume that is pretty common practice here. Is that simply to see what sort of evidence the state has? 

Ultimately, what I am getting at... if he continues with the non guilty plea, death row is on the table, correct? 

The PC (probable cause) affidavit being sealed is rare. That holds all the information that the prosecutor got in order to arrest him. Once we see that we'll know everything...or what evidence led to this being the guy.

My wife has never been up against this prosecutor so she knows nothing about him. However I will say this. Not only will this case go to trial but they'll definitely be seeking a death penalty. Only reason they won't is if they think some of their evidence is shaky....or if victims family signs off on it.

Now for a weird comment. Prosecutors are humans too. They are on a big stage now. I have no reason to think anything of this prosecutor but it wouldn't be the first time someone in this position uses the stage to advance their own career. Just a comment that it happens. 

Regarding the investigation. Attached is a link of exactly why investigations take so long and why every I is dotted, T crossed,etc.....cops did a bad search on this guy below. Murdered 3 friends. He walked a couple weeks ago. 

https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/victims-families-mystified-as-evidence-is-tossed-from-triple-murder-trial/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To add something to my earlier comment. The accused can enter a plea of guilty if he wanted. If not the court is required to enter a plea of not guilty. If a not guilty plea is entered then there will be pre trial conferences and discussions while he sits in jail/prison. So this will drag out for awhile before justice is served. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

To add something to my earlier comment. The accused can enter a plea of guilty if he wanted. If not the court is required to enter a plea of not guilty. If a not guilty plea is entered then there will be pre trial conferences and discussions while he sits in jail/prison. So this will drag out for awhile before justice is served. 

First up will be change of venue request. Finding 12 people in that county that could carefully examine the evidence without bringing in bias would be hard to do. My guess is somewhere near Evansville or maybe even Terre Haute. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

First up will be change of venue request. Finding 12 people in that county that could carefully examine the evidence without bringing in bias would be hard to do. My guess is somewhere near Evansville or maybe even Terre Haute. 

I was in the jury pool for the Grundy case they moved from Indy to Evansville.  The first question they asked was if anyone was familiar with the case. Anyone who raised their hand was dismissed before selection even started. 

I was eventually dismissed but it was getting close.  There were about 20 left when they finally sent me home. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I was in the jury pool for the Grundy case they moved from Indy to Evansville.  The first question they asked was if anyone was familiar with the case. Anyone who raised their hand was dismissed before selection even started. 

I was eventually dismissed but it was getting close.  There were about 20 left when they finally sent me home. 

Wow....honestly you might consider yourself fortunate to be off that jury. Grundy.....weird weird stuff in that case or multiple cases. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow....honestly you might consider yourself fortunate to be off that jury. Grundy.....weird weird stuff in that case or multiple cases. 

Yeah. It was a pretty neat experience.  But I looked up the case on the lunch break and saw why they had moved it and hoped to be dismissed. 

Funny thing was they asked if people knew the case and a bunch raised their hand. Then they called them to the bench to say what they knew. Some dissappointed people after that. Lol

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I don't want to be in the rush to judgement crowd but keeping a PCA sealed isn't routine....on top of that they are saying they want it sealed because of potentially more people involved. If you knew of these people why weren't the arrested already. 

I will say the defense seems to be doing a good job of getting their message out there about lack of evidence, flimsy,etc....we want the guilty  parties found guilty but I'm praying the pressure from the locals didn't make the prosecutors rush to file charges. Something isn't setting right on this one so far. Just hope it's the way it appears. 

• Like 2

I'm keeping an open mind on this. Everything about this is odd. It's unbelievable that he was able to live and work there and no one suspected that he was the killer. I want whoever is responsible caught and convicted but I'm not going to rush to judgement. I want to see the evidence. I have felt from the beginning that the authorities have botched the case. Given what has transpired I don't understand the degree of secrecy from the start.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So all they have tying him to this is one unspent round?

I thought they said early on there was DNA evidence left on the scene?

I've thought from day one, this isn't the guy.  

One unspent round at the scene that matches the gun he owns and he admitted being there during the two hour window. Now this is either the biggest setup ever (possible) or the PC for arrest is pretty strong. Something still isn't adding up though because they keep hinting at others involved. Guess we'll all find out in a couple of years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One unspent round at the scene that matches the gun he owns and he admitted being there during the two hour window. Now this is either the biggest setup ever (possible) or the PC for arrest is pretty strong. Something still isn't adding up though because they keep hinting at others involved. Guess we'll all find out in a couple of years.

My question would be if this is a common area used for shooting practice.  The gun wasn't used in the crime. Why cycle a round?

People do weird things but in my experience the only 2 reasons I cycle a round is because I fired it or I unloaded my weapon. I don't just walk around with loose rounds in my pocket. 

• Like 1

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

My question would be if this is a common area used for shooting practice.  The gun wasn't used in the crime. Why cycle a round?

People do weird things but in my experience the only 2 reasons I cycle a round is because I fired it or I unloaded my weapon. I don't just walk around with loose rounds in my pocket. 

I'm not a gun guy but what you said makes sense to me. I'm assuming they will be saying the gun was used for intimidation and a round fell out? Not sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not a gun guy but what you said makes sense to me. I'm assuming they will be saying the gun was used for intimidation and a round fell out? Not sure.

That makes sense. It's a reasonable possibility the weapon was drawn and the slide racked for the sound effect.  If it was loaded the round would be ejected. 

Such a strange case. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...