Nebraska Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

I still like our ceiling and think we finish the year strong. 3 game skid sucks, sure.  But I'm not questioning the coach yet, or the trajectory. 

Wish I could adopt that optimism.  There is something going on with this team... seems like they aren’t together mentally.  Is poppa Smith’s Twitter diatribe a reflection of the players attitude?   We sure didn’t play through Romeo early again.   

The play and fight tonight were surprising low points.  We got ran out of the gym and were disrespected by a much better team.  Sad truth.  At this point, the guy in charge takes the hit from me.  He is ultimately responsible for the product on the floor.  First two years so far grade from me = C-   I will keep cheering for this group to pull together.  I want to buy into “trajectory” I just don’t see evidence of it currently.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Our best player tonight was Morgan which was a Crean recruit

Nope.....Romeo was the best overall player tonight! Romeo logged 38 minutes, 18 pts and 1 assist. Morgan logged 31 minuted, 17 pts and 0 assists. Not breathtaking numbers, but still better.

Besides, even though Morgan is Crean recruited, he does not fit the prototypical Crean player. Morgan is a stud! You will never here me complain about what Morgan means to this team!

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

Nope.....Romeo was the best overall player tonight! Romeo logged 38 minutes, 18 pts and 1 assist. Morgan logged 31 minuted, 17 pts and 0 assists. Not breathtaking numbers, but still better.

Besides, even though Morgan is Crean recruited, he does not fit the prototypical Crean player. Morgan is a stud! You will never here me complain about what Morgan means to this team!

Morgan had 8 rebs

Stand behind your team gentlemen. The players and their familes are as deep into social media outlets as we all are. The rants and raves make a full circle even if it’s indirectly. Its hard, I know. I’m guilty of singling players out at times.

We all have the right to question and debate. Respectfully, I ask that we keep personal attacks of any Hoosiers at a bare minimum. After all, we can’t expect this ship to float if we continue to shoot holes in it. 

Just now, Indykev said:

Come back in 1 1'/2 years Greens class will be gone. Archie gets that long with me to get it rolling.

I agree that he should get that long. But still not optimistic. 

Archies system doesn’t seem able to utilize studs.  You can’t just pass it looking for an open man. You gotta run plays to get people open. 

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

Stand behind your team gentlemen. The players and their familes are as deep into social media outlets as we all are. The rants and raves make a full circle even if it’s indirectly. Its hard, I know. I’m guilty of singling players out at times.

We all have the right to question and debate. Respectfully, I ask that we keep personal attacks of any Hoosiers at a bare minimum. After all, we can’t expect this ship to float if we continue to shoot holes in it. 

Hi Mrs.Green, could you please tell your son he should be a pass first player, please. :coffee:

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Beautifully said Inequality! Mic drop!!!!

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And, Romeo had 6 rebounds. 

That said,, Romeo did have 4 turnovers and was much less efficient offensively.  No one deserves a game ball by any means, but Juwan was our most effective player tonight

Not realy saying that Morgan was any better than Romeo just stating that Morgan was a Crean recruit.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And, Romeo had 6 rebounds. 

That said,, Romeo did have 4 turnovers and was much less efficient offensively.  No one deserves a game ball by any means, but Juwan was our most effective player tonight

Agree.....however, Morgan's name will never be in the same sentence as "frustration and blame" with Crean recruited players! 

Just now, 5fouls said:

When bad Devonte shows up, some of the blame has to be on the coaches.  How is it that the have not 'fixed' this yet?

The way to fix it is with the bench. But th en who plays. Seems like Al is Archie's Cleveland St. Green keeps screwing up and Al gets benched.

Archie can’t shoot it for them. Can’t count how many times I saw no one from Indiana in the paint after a shot to get a rebound. We played the worse game of the year so for. Made Nebraska look like Duke. If Green is a four star player from New York then I wouldn’t ever go recruit in New York again. The fact is Juwan is the only upperclassmen we have that can play at this level. That’s on Crean , This years freshman will have to really step up big next year. I know Romeo will leave. And Archie should only recruit shooters for next year. We have got to have a three point theat next year. My opinion 

Thanks to Indykev for posting the press conf.   Archie seemed really disappointed.  I thought he took responsibility early in his comments and firmly.  Now gotta straighten these guys out.  They were definitely not playing as a happy team tonight.   Beat Purdue!  ?

Archived