Playing Time

On 1/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, milehiiu said:

Yeah.  Depth was probably not the term I was searching for.  What I am trying to get across, is that I see more talent across a wider swath of college teams today, than I did back in the '60's and '70's.   Take two teams from the BIG as an example.  Back then Wisconsin and Northwestern were pretty much an automatic win for IU.  That's no longer the case today.  And that holds true for so many other teams in other conferences as well. 

And I totally agree, that back in the day, unless a coach has a standout talent as a freshman on his team.... coaches looked to developing players over four years. Something I miss, now, what with the OAD rule, and players like Victor and Cody, leaving early. 

I seem to recall teams were able to give 15 scholarships back in the day. Schools would stockpile talent making it harder for smaller schools to win against them. Not sure when it was switched to 13

55 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I seem to recall teams were able to give 15 scholarships back in the day. Schools would stockpile talent making it harder for smaller schools to win against them. Not sure when it was switched to 13

Interesting point...makes me think of Title IX?

That 81 team was a piece of crap team.  I don't know why people think it was so good. Lost 9 games. Lost to Texas Pan Am for heaven's sake. Lost to Purdue. We had 7 sophomores because of Knight's lousy roster management.  You guys must have your rose colored glasses on but I was there with season tickets.  We sucked and Knight should have been fired mid-year.  Jeesh.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:56 AM, IU Todd said:

Been lurking for a long time, 1st post.

From what I have heard, Anderson will see the floor at Purdue!

3 Things. 

1) Welcome Aboard!

2) Lord do we need a win. Just left the gym and 2 guys next to me on treadmills basically got into it arguing over who should see minutes, how we recruit, our offensive sets,etc....a win will save all of us tomorrow. Especially since most will be on lockdown with storm. The traffic on all sites will be up tomorrow. 

3) I've been thinking about Damezi especially since we all know how well Painter handled him saying he was going to IU. Would love for him to see the floor and spread things out. 

Archived