Purdue Game Thread

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah playing with emotion is really hurting Purdue today

I don’t give a crap about PU. As I said, some players are better even keel. Some ARE better emotional. Romeo is pretty good and you can’t tell by his emotion if he’s 10-10 or 0-10. Again we need guys that can SHOOT. I could care less about their emotional state!

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Kelvin Sampson turned the program around in year 2. People need to stop acting like it's irrational and impossible to get a group of kids you didn't recruit to play well. 

And maybe the way he turned it around is why we are here today.  I could be wrong, but it has sounded like IU administration has limited CAM's decision-making during his short tenure.  

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

It is stupid for anyone to say it is time to pull the trigger on Archie because if you fired him now then you would get no one to come here.  He should at least get 4 years to prove what he can do.

I am not saying pull the trigger now.  I am saying that you don't have to wait until you have absorbed 3 or 4 shots before you make a move.  This absolutely should be a tournament team.  Period.  If we miss the tournament this year then that is strike one in my book.  You cannot fail like this with a guy like Langford on your team and expect to continue to recruit well.  And if you cannot continue to recruit well, you are going to be nothing but average.  I am tired of average.

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yeah, I don't doubt things have been miserable for you the last 20 years with your mindset.

I honesty don’t know you from Adam. But could you tell me what your “realistic” expectations are for Indiana basketball. What they have been for the last 20 years? What are they for the next five?

Just now, Bowhunter said:

I don’t think anyone is calling for Archie to be fired. We just want a good product on the floor. Other than the Marquette game we have looked very average at best. Some of us pointed out our issues early in the season , now everyone is seeing them.

The Marquette game fooled a lot of people. 

1 minute ago, Hoosrnight said:

I don’t give a crap about PU. As I said, some players are better even keel. Some ARE better emotional. Romeo is pretty good and you can’t tell by his emotion if he’s 10-10 or 0-10. Again we need guys that can SHOOT. I could care less about their emotional state!

I might even settle for a team that can just catch a pass at this point. Good lord. 

We just don't get anything easily on the offensive end and get nothing off of our defense.  The very few times we try to get out and run we don't run the lanes well. When you only have two scorers it is easy to guard your team because they can sag off you other players.  When you are so reliant on the drive it is so easy to defend you so we need to get shooters and run an offense where you actually pass and cut.

Right now watching this game it is very embarrassing to be an IU fan but I will stick with them since I have been a fan over 40 years.  Losing like this has to stop and getting beat by Purdue so much lately is not acceptable.

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am not saying pull the trigger now.  I am saying that you don't have to wait until you have absorbed 3 or 4 shots before you make a move.  This absolutely should be a tournament team.  Period.  If we miss the tournament this year then that is strike one in my book.  You cannot fail like this with a guy like Langford on your team and expect to continue to recruit well.  And if you cannot continue to recruit well, you are going to be nothing but average.  I am tired of average.

Well it is hard to be a tournament team when you only have two reliable scorers on your team.  LSU and Washington both had 1st picks on their team and failed to make the tournament.

Archived