Purdue Post Game Thread

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

This team is not playing for each other. I think they’re trying to prove this system doesn’t work and they’re personally not the issue. Morgan and Romeo cannot carry this team alone. As we saw, they are easy to guard and double team. There were many possessions where they didn’t bother to guard McRoberts 

I have to say I agree that the team sure doesn’t look like a team.  Unfortunately with McRoberts and Davis obviously hobbled not a whole lot of options except free Forrester and play Anderson and Moore more.  It can’t get much worse, maybe they can make free throws at least.

How is Brian Kelly doing what hes doing with Notre Dame football? A once elite, storied program mired in mediocrity for a decade and a half now a top 6ish program as it sits now.  ND football fans are anything but patient.  I read some here saying fans are somehow responsible for the lack of success.  I just dont understand that angle.  If players or coaches cant figure out how to deal with criticism they arent going to have success in anything they do.  Right or wrong we are in the social media age people.  I'm not a twitter guy.  I would never directly send any personal malcontent to anyone I'm a "fan" of because I'm a grown up.  But ranting on a message board?  I hardly see how this matters. 

If a player cant handle reading criticism on message boards after a loss hes best to stay away from it.  And a D1 coach? Lol, their egos can handle it, trust me. 

3 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Well he'd finally have some size up front and a couple of consistent shooters...

Edwards and Cline would be getting the same terrible looks Phinisee, Durham, Green and Anderson get in our offense.  And Williams, Haarms, Eifert, and Wheeler are not better than Morgan, Smith, Moore, and Davis.  The fact of the matter is, Painter is doing a better job with a worse roster than Archie has.

Are you saying McRoberts played bad today?  He had 3 steals, shot the ball when he was open (finally) and actually made a few, had 7 rebounds, and played defense.  I get earlier games, where he didn't ever look to shoot, but he still played D and hustled.  He finally does what everyone is asking for he still gets trashed? 

6 minutes ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

Archie needs to clean house which he should have done after last year.  But nooooooo Freddy Glass started the “we guarantee scholarships policy” and a player can’t lose scholly for lack of performance. This is once again Glasss fault 

You know that isn't what happened and you should have read on here why Archie couldn't get rid of players due to our APR.  You have now posted 19 times with 17 of them negative.  Is this really the reputation you want on here?  As a troll?

Just now, EvilleHoosier said:

Are you saying McRoberts played bad today?  He had 3 steals, shot the ball when he was open (finally) and actually made a few, had 7 rebounds, and played defense.  I get earlier games, where he didn't ever look to shoot, but he still played D and hustled.  He finally does what everyone is asking for he still gets trashed? 

Made a few? Played defense?? We must have been watching two different games. 

2 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

This is was what Mark Jackson said verbatim during the telecast, “The main difference between these two is Purdue has shooters to stretch the floor.”  At the end of the day, basketball is about being able to put the ball in the hoop.  We are very limited in that capacity as it stands.  Unfortunately, it’s just who we are.  

Anyone calling for CAM’s head or saying we’re going to be tracking flights is being ridiculous.  Those same people were beating their chest for Holtmann and yet they’ve lost 4 in a row too.

Well to be fair to Holtmann he had a great year last season.  He also doesn't have anywhere near out talent level this season.  It's just beyond comical at this point that Archie still doesn't have a single signature win.  Mack got one early on as did Holtmann.  I'm still behind Archie but man am I starting to have doubts.  He absolutely has to make the tourney this season.

3 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

This is was what Mark Jackson said verbatim during the telecast, “The main difference between these two is Purdue has shooters to stretch the floor.”  At the end of the day, basketball is about being able to put the ball in the hoop.  We are very limited in that capacity as it stands.  Unfortunately, it’s just who we are.  

Anyone calling for CAM’s head or saying we’re going to be tracking flights is being ridiculous.  Those same people were beating their chest for Holtmann and yet they’ve lost 4 in a row too.

From the start of the season it's been obvious we don't have size up front to deal with the big guys and we lack shooting.  We are forced to play with those shortcomings.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if/when we will have those missing ingredients.

4 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

How is Brian Kelly doing what hes doing with Notre Dame football? A once elite, storied program mired in mediocrity for a decade and a half now a top 6ish program as it sits now.  ND football fans are anything but patient.  I read some here saying fans are somehow responsible for the lack of success.  I just dont understand that angle.  If players or coaches cant figure out how to deal with criticism they arent going to have success in anything they do.  Right or wrong we are in the social media age people.  I'm not a twitter guy.  I would never directly send any personal malcontent to anyone I'm a "fan" of because I'm a grown up.  But ranting on a message board?  I hardly see how this matters. 

If a player cant handle reading criticism on message boards after a loss hes best to stay away from it.  And a D1 coach? Lol, their egos can handle it, trust me. 

Fortunately we edit a lot of the attacks out.  I have pretty thick skin but even I shudder as a parent on what some people have posted about our players.  

7 minutes ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

Play Damezi for 20 minutes what did he do wrong? Let him shoot it. How does a coach not tell McRoberts...”don’t shoot the hall unless it’s a layup” 

You obviously didn’t watch the game.  He wasn’t even in for 10 seconds and we had to burn a timeout because he didn’t know how to run the inbounds play.  In defense he got lost A LOT and gave up 2 or 3 easy buckets that I can remember.  I like his potential, but he clearly doesn’t have the system down on either end.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Edwards and Cline would be getting the same terrible looks Phinisee, Durham, Green and Anderson get in our offense.  And Williams, Haarms, Eifert, and Wheeler are not better than Morgan, Smith, Moore, and Davis.  The fact of the matter is, Painter is doing a better job with a worse roster than Archie has.

Injuries have still hurt us a lot. Davis is not ready to play yet. I agree McBob isn’t that good and Anderson and Moore should play more. We CANNOT hit outside shots, that makes other aspects of offense really hard. I’m sorry, but I think PU is better because of shooting and injuries.

1 minute ago, StLHoosier said:

You obviously didn’t watch the game.  He wasn’t even in for 10 seconds and we had to burn a timeout because he didn’t know how to run the inbounds play.  In defense he got lost A LOT and gave up 2 or 3 easy buckets that I can remember.  I like his potential, but he clearly doesn’t have the system down on either end.

And with him in the game we went from 6 down to 3 up

3 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

You know that isn't what happened and you should have read on here why Archie couldn't get rid of players due to our APR.  You have now posted 19 times with 17 of them negative.  Is this really the reputation you want on here?  As a troll?

Regardless of not being able to get rid of players his substitution patterns are mind boggling

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The difference is, they were hitting some crappy 3s and we couldn’t hit wide open 3s.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well to be fair to Holtmann he had a great year last season.  He also doesn't have anywhere near out talent level this season.  It's just beyond comical at this point that Archie still doesn't have a single signature win.  Mack got one early on as did Holtmann.  I'm still behind Archie but man am I starting to have doubts.  He absolutely has to make the tourney this season.

One could argue his signature win was against ND last year when they were pretty highly ranked.

8 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

What people say on social media can hurt your chances with recruits especially if you make it personal

2 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

The first play he was in, he messed up. As he played he got better and played with some emotion, as everyone wants. We looked pretty good with him in the game.

Archived