Purdue Post Game Thread

Just now, Colonialcrester said:

A lot of us think that is what he is doing.  I like the recruits he has gotten so far and I like his style of play. I think that it will be successful in the medium and long run.

Agreed.  I truly believe he’s building it the right way for prolonged success.  It’s just going to take time, but people don’t want to hear that in today’s instant gratification society.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Why? We are playing four vs five with McRoberts on the floor. What does he add? 

Defense, Rebounding, level-headedness.  He contributes in other ways.

Anderson will see more playing time as the year goes on, but he's nowhere up to speed enough to be giving him a lot of playing time right now. 

He will be better than McRoberts; he just isn't right now because he's new, young, and hasn't adapted to the college game yet.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You make good points as always Rico. For point 3, I would change that to say Mackey is a tough place to play for anybody. Is it moreso for IU because of the rivalry game? Absolutely. But it was hard as hell for Rutgers the other night and the rest of the conference too. 

Remember when you said that the fans wouldnt say anything to Romeo? lol.

Just now, rogue3542 said:

Defense, Rebounding, level-headedness.  He contributes in other ways.

Anderson will see more playing time as the year goes on, but he's nowhere up to speed enough to be giving him a lot of playing time right now. 

He will be better than McRoberts; he just isn't right now because he's new, young, and hasn't adapted to the college game yet.

Where is this defense you guys keep talking about? He is constantly a step behind 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You make good points as always Rico. For point 3, I would change that to say Mackey is a tough place to play for anybody. Is it moreso for IU because of the rivalry game? Absolutely. But it was hard as hell for Rutgers the other night and the rest of the conference too. 

I kind of misspoke on #3.....I should have said especially if you are IU.  My bad.  Been there numerous times.  Raucous crowd.  And TY.

Just my take on game tonight.  Keep in mind I did not expect a win even before the season started.  So L not surprising.  However, the comments about CAM a poor coach, wrong choice are simply drivel. We  have to recognize the we are limited as team because we do not shoot well from outside.  That may prove fatal to this season.  This stretch of away games is brutal.  We just need to survive, learn from it, and get even when we have home games.  

Overall, team played better than debacle against Neb wit the exception of FT shooting.  FT were the difference in the game.  

McBob-Wanted him to sit until healthy.  Seemed to move better tonight.  TOOK SOME SHOTS!  Hope he is improving now.  D was great along with hustle and rebounds.

Anderson-Still needs limited playing time and hopefully improves with time

Justin-Played better tonight.  If he concentrates on rebounds and put backs we will be fine

DG-Remains an enigma.  Cannot see us ever relying on him to run offense.  He does bring the D

Davis-Sit until healthy.  Continue with Moore in limited minutes for JM

RP-Still seems to be working back into form since his injury.  

Romeo-Off night and limited due to fouls.  Needs to improve his outside shooting in a hurry.

The season is a marathon and nowhere near over.   PU was the better team at home tonight.  They still have to come to Assembly Hall.  Go IU!

Twitter can be brutal. I cannot ever understand the need to tweet an athlete or their parent. While I was super flaming PO’d that Cody Parkey missed that game losing FG for the Bears getting on twitter and sending him death threats is extreme and very uncalled for. At the end of the day, it’s just a game. And if that’s how you are going to act towards players after a game then you really need to be in a white coat locked away somewhere. Thanks to the mods for keeping this place free of that...

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Remember when you said that the fans wouldnt say anything to Romeo? lol.

I didn’t think he’d only score 4 points lol. The main one I heard was overrated which isn’t that crazy especially when he only scored 4. Pretty tame especially for a rivalry game. 

I said “maybe a few things here or there but nothing too crazy” which was right on the money. 

4 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

A lot of us think that is what he is doing.  I like the recruits he has gotten so far and I like his style of play. I think that it will be successful in the medium and long run.

The recruiting has been very good for the most part, but still feels like we’re not recruiting enough shooters.

And I’m starting to get very concerned about the style of play.  If the pack line D isn’t executed perfectly, which isn’t always going to happen, it’s prone to getting lit up from three.  And the offense is just terrible, and has been since Day 1 really.

A few things:

It is interesting that we are not in on a true big man for our up-coming recruiting class.  There seems to be a spot available for a talented big to come in a get mucho minutes.

I think CAM is a coach who builds a program on culture and a system of smart tough-nosed basketball.  This approach takes time, there is just no two ways about it.

People are free to post whatever they want on the inter-webs.  Players shouldn't make decisions based on these morons, and let's be clear, people who are viscous, vile and personally attack players from the anonymity of the couch are morons.

Of course, a place like this should be filled with critiques and criticism, but so often these complaints are formed without complete information regarding everything that is going on with the team.  

It is hard to enjoy losing.....and there hasn't been enough winning to make this whole fandom thing a net positive for many of us.  However, if being pissed and unwilling to "accept mediocrity" changed a darn thing on the floor, we would have several more banners hanging in Assembly Hall.

Sorry to whomever posted this the other day, might have been Rico, but I don't want the success of IU to be the only way to enjoy college basketball.  It is better when we win, but it shouldn't ruin everything when we lose.

Lastly, would you rather have PU's program going forward, or ours.  I think our ceiling is higher than theirs, always has been.  But maybe we will never hang number six, but at least we don't have an image run during the pre-game where 1932 National Champion banner is our proud moment.  Let that sink in, 19 freakin' 32.  Let's stop pouting, and crying in a beers and do the only think we can do as fans,  we can stand tall after taking an arse whoopin', and toast to failure and all the success that it will bring.  Go Hoosiers!!!

2 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Just my take on game tonight.  Keep in mind I did not expect a win even before the season started.  So L not surprising.  However, the comments about CAM a poor coach, wrong choice are simply drivel. We  have to recognize the we are limited as team because we do not shoot well from outside.  That may prove fatal to this season.  This stretch of away games is brutal.  We just need to survive, learn from it, and get even when we have home games.  

Overall, team played better than debacle against Neb wit the exception of FT shooting.  FT were the difference in the game.  

McBob-Wanted him to sit until healthy.  Seemed to move better tonight.  TOOK SOME SHOTS!  Hope he is improving now.  D was great along with hustle and rebounds.

Anderson-Still needs limited playing time and hopefully improves with time

Justin-Played better tonight.  If he concentrates on rebounds and put backs we will be fine

DG-Remains an enigma.  Cannot see us ever relying on him to run offense.  He does bring the D

Davis-Sit until healthy.  Continue with Moore in limited minutes for JM

RP-Still seems to be working back into form since his injury.  

Romeo-Off night and limited due to fouls.  Needs to improve his outside shooting in a hurry.

The season is a marathon and nowhere near over.   PU was the better team at home tonight.  They still have to come to Assembly Hall.  Go IU!

I agree with this.  One area of concern for me is where will the shooting come from going forward?  We really need Franklin and Brooks to bring some and for our current players to show significant improvement as shooters.

1 minute ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Where is this defense you guys keep talking about? He is constantly a step behind 

I don't really get what your vendetta against him is.

Is he one of the best players IU will ever see? Of course not, but he provides all the intangibles, and we need guys like that.

Anderson is still learning the system, which is why he doesn't play much.  Did you see us waste a timeout early in the game because Anderson didn't know the inbounds play and then watch him get lost on defense the next possession?  He doesn't deserve to be playing more right now.  He will get better as time moves on, but RIGHT NOW, this season, he will give up more points than he scores because he hasn't adapted to the system and college game enough yet.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is absolutely ridiculous if people actually get that upset over a stupid basketball game.  If this game makes you so miserable that you threaten peoples lives over a game, that person needs help badly

I’ve never seen death threats with IU fans. Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

A few things:

It is interesting that we are not in on a true big man for our up-coming recruiting class.  There seems to be a spot available for a talented big to come in a get mucho minutes.

I think CAM is a coach who builds a program on culture and a system of smart tough-nosed basketball.  This approach takes time, there is just no two ways about it.

People are free to post whatever they want on the inter-webs.  Players shouldn't make decisions based on these morons, and let's be clear, people who are viscous, vile and personally attack players from the anonymity of the couch are morons.

Of course, a place like this should be filled with critiques and criticism, but so often these complaints are formed without complete information regarding everything that is going on with the team.  

It is hard to enjoy losing.....and there hasn't been enough winning to make this whole fandom thing a net positive for many of us.  However, if being pissed and unwilling to "accept mediocrity" changed a darn thing on the floor, we would have several more banners hanging in Assembly Hall.

Sorry to whomever posted this the other day, might have been Rico, but I don't want the success of IU to be the only way to enjoy college basketball.  It is better when we win, but it shouldn't ruin everything when we lose.

Lastly, would you rather have PU's program going forward, or ours.  I think our ceiling is higher than theirs, always has been.  But maybe we will never hang number six, but at least we don't have an image run during the pre-game where 1932 National Champion banner is our proud moment.  Let that sink in, 19 freakin' 32.  Let's stop pouting, and crying in a beers and do the only think we can do as fans,  we can stand tall after taking an arse whoopin', and toast to failure and all the success that it will bring.  Go Hoosiers!!!

It wasn't me.  

Archived