Next win...when?

Lol well I was one of a few posters that felt like Nebraska and Purdue were doubtful for the hoosiers while most were pumping it up. I have come to grips I said some time ago if we went 5-5 our first ten games we could finish top six. Lots on here were talking of winning the conference lol talk about fan optimism wow. I call it unreal expectations.  I feel we will win the next two games and the Rutgers game may be the one that bits us. Nothing concrete to explain this just 60 years of experience lol. I don't care if people agree or disagree doesn't mean anything to me not looking for anyone approval. I do know if we lose the next two we won't finish top six

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

There’s no switch to flip. This team isn’t the team that beat Marquette. It’s the team that has squeaked out several one possession games. People need to come to grips. 

Yet this team is healthier and deeper than the team that beat Marquette...

8 hours ago, Cutter said:

I think we beat Michigan at home as the hoosiers will be in full upswing after beating Northwestern Michigan and Rutgers 

I hope you are right.   Shooting has to improve drastically.   If we shot a respectable percent from 3 and the ft line we have a legitimate chance of beating PU.

Problem is, outside of the Marquette game this team hasn't proven capable of that.  I just don't see a quick fix.

A month ago I thought we were a lock for the NCAA tournament but now I think we will be on the outside looking in.  Spitballing the rest of the schedule, my guess is we go into the  BTT with 18 or 19 wins.

51 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

my biggest fear is that if we lose a couple more in a row this team is going to just collapse and give up completely on the season.  And if that happens, the fan base is going to lose it collective mind, even worst than we are now.

Absolutely have to win 2 of the next 3.  We're toast if we don't.

14 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.ffc56e8cae028275a47553fd051c7822.png

The column that matters here is not the percentage, it's 3PM/3PA. 

The last time he took 4 threes was against NWU. And before the NWU game it was against Marquette when he went 4-4.

Since NWU he has taken between 0 and 2 threes a game -- that's over 9 games. 

This is a guy who shoots plus 40% from the arc over his career. Anyone saying he can't shoot is completely missing it. 

He has limitations to his game, but he's a pretty good all around player and I am not getting the lack of shooting, when we need shooting. That's the question I have, why isn't he being utilized.

Fitzner needs to talk to the medical folks about bright light therapy.  It couldn't hurt to try.  Coming from warm, sunny CA to gray cold, sunless IN might have sent his body into a hibernation like funk that is hard to appreciate because of its subtlety.  It's affects are slight, but, noticeable when needing confidence to take a, and make a, shot. 10, 000 lux for a half hour after waking up.?

3 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

We could lose 4 more in a row...3 away games and 1 home game against UM. With the way we've been playing and how much we're vertically challenged, I'm not very hopeful. 3's not falling and a bunch of missed free throws...I just don't see us win any of the next 4 games.

I originally thought we'd beat UM at home but after the beat down we're going to take tomorrow I expect a tomb like atmosphere on Friday.  The students just aren't going to show up the way they should.  UM likely wins and the streak continues.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I originally thought we'd beat UM at home but after the beat down we're going to take tomorrow I expect a tomb like atmosphere on Friday.  The students just aren't going to show up the way they should.  UM likely wins and the streak continues.

If we're going to have a chance to beat UM, we need to beat NW first to get some momentum. Losing 4 in a row can destroy confidence of young kids. I'm sure players already have doubts if they can win the next game. Once that negative thinking creeps in, everything gets messed up. They're passing up open shots, and they're not shooting with their normal rhythm. They get too cautious trying not to make mistakes, which makes them slow and stiff. Play loose and play physical, and get the win tomorrow, and we can turn things around. 

15 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.ffc56e8cae028275a47553fd051c7822.png

If you would've told me Fitzner was shooting close to his career 3pt percentage, I wouldn't have believed it without seeing this or looking it up myself.  He's 10/26 over the year (38.5%) which isn't too shabby.  I would tell him to just let it fly within the confines of the offense just to get his confidence back.  He's a good shooter, he's just in a funk right now, like the rest of the team.  He is a liability on defense, but we need some offensive help.

34 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

To me that is a problem because this team needs the fans more than ever so stop being fair weather fans

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me that is a problem because this team needs the fans more than ever so stop being fair weather fans

They should but I doubt they will.  It's Friday night so the choice is go party or watch a team on a 5 game losing streak.  Not a hard choice for an 18-22 year old.

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

They should but I doubt they will.  It's Friday night so the choice is go party or watch a team on a 5 game losing streak.  Not a hard choice for an 18-22 year old.

Go to the game and then go to the party since most parties don't start until late anyways.

36 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I have a strong feeling the losing streak ended at Purdue 

Archived