Don’t expect the shooting to get much better under CAM

DC2345

Based on what I found when I looked at the Dayton shooting numbers the 3 point shooting was between 34 and 38 percent. IU is shooting 34 percent this year. As for free throws the shooting percentage at Dayton went down every single year under CAM during his tenure at Dayton. 

3D57D045-6CF3-4763-8329-5F26C52B457D.jpeg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hopeful that he will be able to recruit differently...a) recruit more two way players who can shoot  b) recruit high level athletes who can get out on the break to mitigate lack of shooting and who can get on the glass to mitigate lack of shooting that way...

That is one of the things that injuries have really hampered...our ability to rebound and play hard on the offensive glass instead of having to just get back defensively.

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not to be picky, but FT shooting did not go down between Year 5 & Year 6.  I would also venture to guess that the 38% 3 PT percentage in year 6 was probably above the national average.

Very true but my point is we don’t need to be expecting dramatic improvements because the reality is CAM has never proven that he can do develop shooting so far at Dayton or IU. 

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Another guy who has never posted before coming out of the woodwork to criticize. 

Really getting tedious.

Love to have new members here, but not if their only purpose is to add more negativity 

I'm not sure he is a troll.  He didn't say anything about firing the coach, getting Demezi more time, Greene being an idiot, etc.  🙂 I think those are legitimate numbers we can discuss.

46 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Based on what I found when I looked at the Dayton shooting numbers the 3 point shooting was between 34 and 38 percent. IU is shooting 34 percent this year. As for free throws the shooting percentage at Dayton went down every single year under CAM during his tenure at Dayton. 

3D57D045-6CF3-4763-8329-5F26C52B457D.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Another guy who has never posted before coming out of the woodwork to criticize. 

Really getting tedious.

Love to have new members here, but not if their only purpose is to add more negativity 

Sorry but I posted back on the 247 hsn site. I’ve had this account for a while I just haven’t posted much. I’m sorry but facts are facts. 

Just now, DC2345 said:

Sorry but I posted back on the 247 hsn site. I’ve had this account for a while I just haven’t posted much. I’m sorry but facts are facts. 

7 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I'm not sure he is a troll.  He didn't say anything about firing the coach, getting Demezi more time, Greene being an idiot, etc.  🙂 I think those are legitimate numbers we can discuss.

With such a well formatted spread sheet, he has to be legit.;)

7 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Never said he was a troll. However, welcome to the board and go ahead and bash the program. I guess building credibility before doing so is just in my mind 

12 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Correct all of these numbers can be found on the sports reference website. I coach high school basketball and these are trends that I look at from time to time that I found interesting with different teams. I thought I would look to see if there was any kind of trend at Dayton since IU’s shooting has been such a hot topic on multiple message boards. 

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it does seem strange that the thread was started by a guy with 10 posts and the first comment was from a guy with 20 posts.  and then that other new guy that is starting threads all over the place.  

I guess you are thinking of me as "that other new guy that is starting threads all over the place"....

Aside from the fact that I have had an account with this site for a long time, I haven't started any threads and also always been positive...so, probably implying that I am somehow a troll is out of place...

Do I need to give my fan resume/pedigree to post here?

I've been a fan my whole life but don't really remember our last championship as I was only six. My favorite players growing up were Cheaney and Evans (wore 34 in high school because of Evans).

I grew up in Columbus, Ohio so I took a ton of grief for being an Indiana fan in those early 90s years where the championships were being won by us or OSU before Purdue went on their run...

The Bob Knight I remember was only boorish and abusive and stubborn and his genius was diminished by transfer after transfer and first round flame outs, the only thing that I could be confident of in those years is that we would make the tournament...I have high hopes that in the next couple of years Indiana fans can return to that kind of confidence and losing streaks don't turn into an excuse to say awful things and call for people to lose jobs and scholarships from behind the safety net of their keyboards...

I do think that if given some stability and support to build a roster Archie Miller can restore some normalcy to all this...

I think it's safe to say that at this point, Archie is not a shooting coach. 

It's not safe to assume that we will never be a good shooting team.

I think the shooting can get turned around on this team. The staff just needs to push the right buttons to increase the confidence level in these kids. I think we could see the Justin Smith we expected to see after his offensive performance @ Purdue. 

I also think that Archie still has the guys questioning whether to shoot or not...that doesn't help.

Archived