This will probably not be a popluar opinion

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Dakich has been a windbag for years. Rest of the public is just starting to catch up. I was more surprised with Rabby. Like I mentioned earlier...Brian Snow has gone out of his way in his bashing IU. No surprise there. But Rabby? For example....watch the next big commit that IU gets. Snow will tweet out....so and so picks IU. But if another school in the area gets a big time commit he's full on article. His bias is so transparent. But do we expect from our journalists these days. 

Snow is a massive douche, and Rabjohns does appear to be following his lead.  They’re both acting as if it’s “just reality” that Archie took over one of the worst programs in the country and has a roster that’s absolute garbage.  Peegs is honestly unreadable right now, the smugness is just  too much.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Then I wouldn't be concerned either.

Maybe you wouldn't but some might be influenced hearing this kind of stuff and to me that is a problem.  I know your response will be if they can't handle it then they shouldn't be here but I just find that dead wrong.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe you wouldn't but some might be influenced hearing this kind of stuff and to me that is a problem.  I know your response will be if they can't handle it then they shouldn't be here but I just find that dead wrong.

Each to their own.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Scott, if what is posted on some of those sites bothers you, and if what Dakich says bothers you....THEN YOU COULD STOP READING OR LISTENING TO IT!

If you are concerned that recruits might be negatively affected by criticisms here or elsewhere...THEN YOU COULD STOP RE-POSTING IT HERE!

It's called being part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Scott, if what is posted on some of those sites bothers you, and if what Dakich says bothers you....THEN YOU COULD STOP READING OR LISTENING TO IT!

If you are concerned that recruits might be negatively affected by criticisms here or elsewhere...THEN YOU COULD STOP RE-POSTING IT HERE!

It's called being part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

LOL!  I just hate how our fan base has turned into every other fan base and how it is not as good as a fan base as it use to be.  We took pride in players playing for IU and would back them and supported them instead of tearing them down.  Today's instant gratification crowd has turned this fan base into UK fan base and that is not good.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Snow is a massive douche, and Rabjohns does appear to be following his lead.  They’re both acting as if it’s “just reality” that Archie took over one of the worst programs in the country and has a roster that’s absolute garbage.  Peegs is honestly unreadable right now, the smugness is just  too much.

Completely agree. Especially with the last sentence. There are a lot of condescending responses from those two lately. I've been really close to cancelling my membership.

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

LOL!  I just hate how our fan base has turned into every other fan base and how it is not as good as a fan base as it use to be.  We took pride in players playing for IU and would back them and supported them instead of tearing them down.  Today's instant gratification crowd has turned this fan base into UK fan base and that is not good.

It's because people back then didn't have social media and internet. Even now you would never know there would be that many dissatisfied fans if you didn't have internet and smartphone. Sports fans these days pour their anger and dissatisfaction out in real time where everybody can see. But it's possible that people these days may not have the same amount of patience that parents' and grandparents' generations did. 

It's not IU fans' problem. It's happening globally. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yep. Considering Rabby has made his career off of IU....I'd think they would bring some of those comments back in. Oh well. Haven't been to the other sites in years. I get everything I need here.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Considering Rabby has made his career off of IU....I'd think they would bring some of those comments back in. Oh well. Haven't been to the other sites in years. I get everything I need here.

Meh, they’re doing it to give Archie cover — acting like anyone who expected this team to finish with even a winning record is a total idiot.  After we lost to Nebraska, Snow was telling everyone that it was a FACT that Nebraska was one of the best teams of all time and that IU never had a chance of beating of them.  But for some reason he hasn’t commented on their loss to Rutgers yet, lol

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So you don't see it as a problem when Arman Franklin's mom and Keion brooks mom commented on twitter about how the fan base was reacting after the NEB loss.

No.  Has Franklin backed out yet?  Good to see the parents of a recruit and a potential recruit having common ground.  Hope they become good friends next year.   

I wonder if anyone takes Stephen smith or Skip Bayless serious? 

I can tell you this. If IU wins ball games they will have a fan base that few others can claim is better. Our fans travel well during NCAAs and they treat the players well when they come back etc. Other than UK I can’t thjnk of many fan bases that treat their current or former players more reverently than IU. That is IF you are winning. But that is the thing with any program. If you aren’t winning you aren’t relevant and if you aren’t relevant your fans become apathetic and cranky. It is very important the next couple years we get the ship turned around and win consistanly again...or we may just end up like Nebraska football or something. It can happen here easily.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If you aren’t winning you aren’t relevant and if you aren’t relevant your fans become apathetic and cranky. It is very important the next couple years we get the ship turned around and win consistanly again.

I believe overall, IUs trend is still going up.  This year may not have the desired finish given the start we had.  Next year with 2 stud departures may be worse.  In time, the trendline imo, looks good.

So long as winning doesn't take the fanbase from cranky to entitled and arrogant (read: fans tweeting at recruits), I will be ok.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This site is definitely a better place to talk basketball. It's also much more functional. There's a lot less childish behavior.  

What has hurt this site is the blow back our local insiders get for sharing information, causing them to withhold further information. 

That said, HSN is still the premium IUbb message board. 

5 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

This site is definitely a better place to talk basketball. It's also much more functional. There's a lot less childish behavior.  

What has hurt this site is the blow back our local insiders get for sharing information, causing them to withhold further information. 

That said, HSN is still the premium IUbb message board. 

Indeed. I chose to join this site because after following all the others this one had the most mature and informative posters.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

"Not as good as a fan base as it use to be"  Now that really cracked me up.  Speaking of crack, put the pipe down.

Archived