Your top qualities for the perfect IU player

I needs to get back to having a culture and recruiting to that culture and heard Kent Sterling talking about this.  Here is my top qualities for what I want to see from an IU player

1A Able to shoot the ball 

1B High basketball IQ

1C Value the ball

2 Play for the love of the game and not just because you are good at it or just because you are tall or can jump.

3 Mental and physical toughness.  we need to get more guys who look like Fernando of Maryland or Tillman who are not just tall but muscular as well.  this will help with rebounding and post defense.

4 Play with toughness and grit and a person who hates to lose

5 Now have all of these and who is athletic as well but I want a basketball player who is athletic and not an athlete who plays basketball.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I needs to get back to having a culture and recruiting to that culture and heard Kent Sterling talking about this.  Here is my top qualities for what I want to see from an IU player

1A Able to shoot the ball 

1B High basketball IQ

1C Value the ball

2 Play for the love of the game and not just because you are good at it or just because you are tall or can jump.

3 Mental and physical toughness.  we need to get more guys who look like Fernando of Maryland or Tillman who are not just tall but muscular as well.  this will help with rebounding and post defense.

4 Play with toughness and grit and a person who hates to lose

5 Now have all of these and who is athletic as well but I want a basketball player who is athletic and not an athlete who plays basketball.

You have your list backwards.  Victor Oladipo did not have 1A, 1B, or 1C when he arrived at IU (though he did improve each one over time).  He turned out to be the perfect IU basketball player in my mind.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You have your list backwards.  Victor Oladipo did not have 1A, 1B, or 1C when he arrived at IU (though he did improve each one over time).  He turned out to be the perfect IU basketball player in my mind.

somewhat agree but he still ever got past the sweet 16 so I take players who does the other things because that will help you win.

Archived