Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

12 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I just made a call to someone that has to be at sports on a daily basis, he said this did not happen and he hasn't seen any players in all season.

Good detective work.  I took it with a grain of salt coming from some drunk chick at a bar, lol.  These types of rumors always pop up when the team is tanking.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous post, Zuckerkorn.  One of the better ones on here in awhile.  Very fair assessment.  

If there truly is something lurking within the locker room, we can only guess.  I don’t think Archie can bring back this same roster next year.  My best guess is you have a locker room of guys who fundamentally lack self-awareness.  The bottom line is beyond Juwan, Fitz, and Romeo, a couple of guys need to be sent packing, period, for everyone’s best interest.  Lest there be any doubt, I’m talking about guys who play.  Another couple need to have a come to Jesus moment on commitment, conditioning, etc.  You can’t fritter away your precious  career always being flabby, huffing and puffing, and inevitably injured because of it.  

This opens up a couple of more recruiting spots.  Frankly, I’d try to get a couple of impact players, ideally in the senior transfer market, or even potentially from the junior college ranks. If we can get Keion that would be three great freshmen (albeit not shooters).  We need veterans who can stabilize this thing. We could use that 6’4 veteran off guard with a beautiful high arcing jumper.   Then we need a four who can stretch and who hustles and commits to defense.  Both of those things could be upgraded right away. 

As the saying goes, it would be insanity to bring back this complement of players and expect a different result.  Hopefully, everybody from Fred Glass to the coaches and players to the janitors understand this and are ready to make the tough decisions and cuts.  We don’t need to see the ******** that’s thrown out there every night. Last night, the wonderful Indiana fan base was there in the “Carnegie Hall of basketball” as a neutral broadcaster aptly puts it.   That’s blueblood infrastructure. Now you need a roster that’s worthy of that support.  

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Might want to see the score right now that the great Mack is losing at home to the great Pittsburgh team.

That’s just two teams competing.  That’s what we are supposed to do,  home and away ! Louisville pulling away now,  like they are supposed to in the Yum Center.

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

If Deron actually did that then he needs to be sitting beside Green 

I think it's pretty common for players to do that.  I know Fife and Coverdale used to get hammered the night before a game.  Some friends of mine were at a party one Friday night when we had a game the next day and they saw AJ Moye hitting the bong pretty hard.  I think this kind of stuff is fairly common unfortunately.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think it's pretty common for players to do that.  I know Fife and Coverdale used to get hammered the night before a game.  Some friends of mine were at a party one Friday night when we had a game the next day and they saw AJ Moye hitting the bong pretty hard.  I think this kind of stuff is fairly common unfortunately.

I know in my drinking days there was noway i would want to play with a hangover...😂

We can talk about toughness, adjustments, people being in over their heads, etc., etc., but the bottom line is these guys need to simply step up and make shots. That’s it. 

In the first half Smith missed two absolutely wide open 3’s, two layups and two free throws. Give us 1 three, 1 layup and 1 free throw and we have 6 more points in the first half. Morgan missed an open 3 and about 3 layups. Give us 2 of the 3 layups and that’s 4 more points. Durham missed 2 free throws, give us 1 of those, and someone else missed the front end of a 1-and-1, give us 1 of those and now we have 12 more points in the first half. 

Those were all makeable shots, some completely wide open. Michigan had guys hitting their open 3’s and some contested. Michigan had guys finishing their drives and even guys hitting contested mid-range shots. Our guys need to step up and make shots and plays. Not sure how they get that confidence back, but sometimes it’s that simple. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Funny story from my college days.

I played baseball for a couple years in college. We weren't very high D1, but we played a lot of Big 12 and Big 10 schools. The night before we were going to play Purdue at home, our starting pitcher went out and got annihilated. We got about 3 inches of rain so everybody assumed it would get postponed. We got called in a few hours before to work on the field. Carrying buckets of water off, using the squeegee from the tennis team. Somehow we got the game in. Our pitcher went 7 scoreless innings and got the win. I talked to him after the game and he said a few times he was so dizzy he had to step off the rubber.

Maybe there's something to playing hungover!

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

You know this is so irresponsible on your part to say things that you have no proof of

50 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

If I'm Juwan I'm mad as all get out it's his senior year and he's worked his butt off four years and for what to have your final season end in the fashion that it's currently in he doesn't deserve this.

Yep he should be pissed.   He doesn't show a lot of emotion on the floor but I sure wish he would start getting into his teammates faces everytime they screw up.  We so need a general on the floor and Juwan( whether he feels comfortable doing it or not) must be that guy.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

We can talk about toughness, adjustments, people being in over their heads, etc., etc., but the bottom line is these guys need to simply step up and make shots. That’s it. 

In the first half Smith missed two absolutely wide open 3’s, two layups and two free throws. Give us 1 three, 1 layup and 1 free throw and we have 6 more points in the first half. Morgan missed an open 3 and about 3 layups. Give us 2 of the 3 layups and that’s 4 more points. Durham missed 2 free throws, give us 1 of those, and someone else missed the front end of a 1-and-1, give us 1 of those and now we have 12 more points in the first half. 

Those were all makeable shots, some completely wide open. Michigan had guys hitting their open 3’s and some contested. Michigan had guys finishing their drives and even guys hitting contested mid-range shots. Our guys need to step up and make shots and plays. Not sure how they get that confidence back, but sometimes it’s that simple. 

You’re right, but the result of not having much talent IMO. 

1 hour ago, Coach1K said:

If I'm Juwan I'm mad as all get out it's his senior year and he's worked his butt off four years and for what to have your final season end in the fashion that it's currently in he doesn't deserve this.

I am with you coach.  The ball should be coming to Juwan, more that it has. 

Archived