Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I dont think its Archie..just yet,you can see players out there doing dumb stuff,even Romeo a 5 star High School all american is playing like a 3 star recruit, cant even hit a free throw.

Agreed but a good coach would use the bench to correct this crap...archie does nothing

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I dont think its Archie..just yet,you can see players out there doing dumb stuff,even Romeo a 5 star High School all american is playing like a 3 star recruit, cant even hit a free throw.

Isn't that on the coach then? Isn't part of his coaching responsibilities to teach fundamental basketball so the players aren't making these dumb mistakes? 

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Yes they can!

Even if they are, what’s the worst that can happen??  We lose a game?  That’s a given at this point anyway.  Give some of the other guys some experience and see what happens.  Letting the current group that is playing heavy minutes repeat the same mistakes over and over is doing more harm than good....make them sit and watch for a while....

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I appreciate those being positive about everything.  This might be a night though that you just let everyone have their say and not try to bring the positive.  Might be quicker to just let them vent without arguing with you.  Just my 2 cents

And with that bit of wisdom I'm out!☺️

We just watched a team run a real offense and set real screens and make real hard cuts and play real hard defense...honestly Michigan looked like IU of 30 years ago and we look like Northwestern of 30 years ago. I mean can we get one gosh darn kid that can shoot the ball? In the state of Indiana full of kids that wear a net out we can’t get one at IU to come and play for us. If this is Archie’s system for the future...count me not optimistic.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I appreciate those being positive about everything.  This might be a night though that you just let everyone have their say and not try to bring the positive.  Might be quicker to just let them vent without arguing with you.  Just my 2 cents

Well no one got hurt tonight, that was good to see.  I was able to leave work 30 minutes early and beat the traffic and that was nice.  Guess it was win after all.

4 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Agreed but a good coach would use the bench to correct this crap...archie does nothing

Agreed.  It isn't even about who is on the bench.  The minute guys on the floor know they can do whatever they want without consequences, its over.  Sometimes you take a short term loss (poor bench player) for a long term gain (starters who plays hard).  Our guys know they don't have to hustle because they know they aren't getting pulled.

2 minutes ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

Isn't that on the coach then? Isn't part of his coaching responsibilities to teach fundamental basketball so the players aren't making these dumb mistakes? 

To a point, but if you dont know the fundamentals by now then what the hell have you been doing,good players work on there game to get better,Victor Oladipo worked on his game in the middle of the night at cook hall,i bet there is no players on this team that works on their game other then at practice. 

I think this could be the wake up we need. I thought Neb game would do it but this is  first I thought Romeo was pissed. I know he trys to stay calm but seen a lot of emotion out of him The young man does not like to lose..  Morgan needs to lead  these young guys but as JIMMY V SAID DON'T EVER GIVE UP GO IU

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Please, the only healthy player that hasn't proven on the court what their weaknesses are is Jake, how bad can he be? And before the season I thought Jake was going to be a difference maker!

Please what...tell me who on the bench played..Moore-no. ..Jake-no...Race-no

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Agreed.  It isn't even about who is on the bench.  The minute guys on the floor know they can do whatever they want without consequences, its over.  Sometimes you take a short term loss (poor bench player) for a long term gain (starters who plays hard).  Our guys know they don't have to hustle because they know they aren't getting pulled.

Exactly....the really good coaches hold their players accountable for their play, regardless of the number of stars next to their name.  Archie doesn’t....he seems to be afraid to piss some of these guys off.  

Archived