Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, loviubb said:

I think this could be the wake up we need. I thought Neb game would do it but this is  first I thought Romeo was pissed. I know he trys to stay calm but seen a lot of emotion out of him The young man does not like to lose..  Morgan needs to lead  these young guys but as JIMMY V SAID DON'T EVER GIVE UP GO IU

Never thought I would say this. But for the first time, tonight, I felt the same as I did with Noah V..... time to move on to the NBA. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Even if they are, what’s the worst that can happen??  We lose a game?  That’s a given at this point anyway.  Give some of the other guys some experience and see what happens.  Letting the current group that is playing heavy minutes repeat the same mistakes over and over is doing more harm than good....make them sit and watch for a while....

Archie is in survival mode. Trying to get through the season without losing his job. If Knight saw this BS he would have had the ball boy playing and lost by 50 but he would have sent a message and don’t get me started on Romeo. Kid gave almost zero effort on defense tonight pouting because he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. I have yet to see Archie say a word at him...kid needed an @ss chewing and a bop on the chin to look me in the eye when Archie was doing it. If we are going to bench Damezi for mistakes then we should bench Romeo. I’m so mad...I need to take a breath but sitting here and having my wife’s family down here in Kentucky laugh at me all night there is only so much I can take.

4 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

We are all winners in my book.

Those who sold their tickets before the game. Honestly at half time I would have sponsored a walk out. The whole section behind the IU bench just get up and leave. Getting blown out 4 of last 5 games and twice at home...no effort on defense and incompetence on offense. I’ve seen JV teams shoot better than IU...but hey...they can all jump 40” verticle!!!!!!! Watch out B1G!

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

Please what...tell me who on the bench played..Moore-no. ..Jake-no...Race-no

If I'm Moore, I turn in my transfer papers tomorrow.  He's been very serviceable in his minutes he's gotten this year.  In conference play his per 40 minute stats are 13.3 points, 15 rebounds, and 3.3 blocks.

Was he hurt and I missed it?  If not, the idea that we have nobody on the bench to come in for a couple minutes when guys screw up is completely untrue.  He isn't perfect on defense, but I think Smith has whiplash from watching so many threes fly over his head tonight.

We got destroyed tonight and we basically played 6 guys the whole game.  What incentive is there to play hard if you get embarrassed on your own court and don't have to sit?

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

If I'm Moore, I turn in my transfer papers tomorrow.  He's been very serviceable in his minutes he's gotten this year.  In conference play his per 40 minute stats are 13.3 points, 15 rebounds, and 3.3 blocks.

Was he hurt and I missed it?  If not, the idea that we have nobody on the bench to come in for a couple minutes when guys screw up is completely untrue.  He isn't perfect on defense, but I think Smith has whiplash from watching so many threes fly over his head tonight.

We got destroyed tonight and we basically played 6 guys the whole game.  What incentive is there to play hard if you get embarrassed on your own court and don't have to sit?

Check out McRoberts' stat line.....

Well, just listened to post game interview  with Archie and Don Fischer.....I have to admit, Archie's tone and demenor is at an all time low. He quickly took the blame as the head coach and for not putting a better product on the floor, especially at home. He said it is extremely disappointing and embarrassing. He did not sugar coat anything. He mentioned they are an overall and complete "shell" of the team they used to be earlier in the year and they have got to find a way to get some of that back.

Disagree with me all you want, but Archie is the right guy and I am going to continue to support Archie and what he is trying to establish.  The players have to make things happen and toughen up. Especially now that we are on a downward spiral,..... teams we  play now are like sharks and we are blood in the water....Archie knows it!

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Not sure but I did not see anything that listed him as hurt.  I seen Davis, Green and Hunter in sweats.  I cant understand why he is not playing either.  Give him some minutes in place of Fitzner.  At least he will get some in game time for next year and may give you more D and points in the paint than Fitz is this year.

The team needs a serious overhaul.  If fans think running CAM out of town is the answer, then we deserve to suffer losing season after losing season. For me this is obvious.....I am not saying CAM is the second coming, but he has to be given a chance to do his thing.  Leave the starters in so that they can either get their head out of their hind ends, or they get to be in front of everyone as they get embarrassed.  For a moment I thought he should do something to get ejected and have the starters sit for walk-ons, but this is the easy way out.  Make them suffer if they want to keep doing this.  I am going to adjust my timeline and take a break from IU hoops for awhile.  Let CAM do his thing and hope this is right. If not, eff it and try to hire someone in 4-5 years who will try their hand at it.  Nothing about this program is enjoyable, but it is much less enjoyable for CAM and I know he is thinking about this morning noon and night.  I ain't.  Here is to failure and all the success it brings.  

6 minutes ago, IU247 said:

Archie is scared too.  Scared to give the bench guys a chance, scared to piss any of the starters off, scared to hold anyone accountable.  Him Taking responsibility for this train wreck is about 4 games too late....it’s all lip service until he does something bold to change this teams trajectory....

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Right now, who cares?  If they don't make the NCAA I really do not want to watch them.  And frankly, with the give up in this team do we really want another first round home NIT loss?

You didn't get my sarcasm.....hell nobody around here gets my sarcasm.

My point was they ain't even good enough to get into the NIT.

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well, just listened to post game interview  with Archie and Don Fischer.....I have to admit, Archie's tone and demenor is at an all time low. He quickly took the blame as the head coach and for not putting a better product on the floor, especially at home. He said it is extremely disappointing and embarrassing. He did not sugar coat anything. He mentioned they are an overall and complete "shell" of the team they used to be earlier in the year and tjey have got to find a way to get some of that back.

Disagree with me all you want, but Archie is the right guy and I am going to continue to to support Archie and what he is trying to establish.  The players have to make things happen and toughen up. Especially now that we are on a downward spiral,..... teams we  play now are like sharks and we are blood in the water....Archie knows it!

Then like people said, why does he continue to play the guys bringing that give up and lackadaisical attitude?  Sit Smith and play Moore.  If you are going to lose anyway, play the guy who is at least giving his all.  And given Smith's Dad's big mouth, I would lay money his kid is a problem to.

If the players are not listening, give them their walking papers at year end.  Right now we keep doing the same things over and over with the same results.  

Archived