Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Archie is in survival mode. Trying to get through the season without losing his job. If Knight saw this BS he would have had the ball boy playing and lost by 50 but he would have sent a message and don’t get me started on Romeo. Kid gave almost zero effort on defense tonight pouting because he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. I have yet to see Archie say a word at him...kid needed an @ss chewing and a bop on the chin to look me in the eye when Archie was doing it. If we are going to bench Damezi for mistakes then we should bench Romeo. I’m so mad...I need to take a breath but sitting here and having my wife’s family down here in Kentucky laugh at me all night there is only so much I can take.

I thought Langford was horrendous.  I kid.  I kid.

1 minute ago, rico said:

But how many deflections did he have?  That is f*c&ing pitiful as a starter.  That IS on Archie.

I seriously don't get how he plays so much.  If you have don't score, you don't rebound, you don't get assists, and you don't pose any threat to a defense, you literally have to hold the guy you are guarding to 0 points or you are a net negative on the court.

If Archie doesn’t get some kids in here that can knock down jumpers we will beat sub 200 opponents but get run out of the gym against the good ones. The game is about scoring the ball...and this system of guys that only drive the ball and can’t shoot a lick is not going to improve anything. I watch tons of college basketball and see guys in every team that make you pay if you give them an inch...how do we end up with a team with no shooters? Let’s just keep doing the same thing on offense too.....let’s just run dribble hand offs for 25 minutes of a shot clock going nowhere doing nothing and then get stuck with a terrible look as it runs out. Ok...I’m done venting. I don’t recognize this team. An IU team that is probably worst in B1G in fg% outside the lane...unimaginable.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I seriously don't get how he plays so much.  If you have don't score, you don't rebound, you don't get assists, and you don't pose any threat to a defense, you literally have to hold the guy you are guarding to 0 points or you are a net negative on the court.

That is all on Archie.  No confidence in the bench?  My ass.  That really makes me question what we got in a coach here.

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Never thought I would say this. But for the first time, tonight, I felt the same as I did with Noah V..... time to move on to the NBA. 

Mile don't think they are the same. This young man cares about his place in IN. basketball Plus he is matching up to guys just as good. Mathews is a tough match to any one might be a little tougher match up to a freshman give the young man a break

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Boys.  Save some of your frustration / disgust / vomiting for after the Rutgers game.  If you thought tonight was bad......

Can't, it is all bottled up right now and the cork just blew.  Been building up with me.  But I will go to my quiet place and lay down in the fetal position and say give him more time......WELL THAT AIN'T HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

I guess my biggest thing is I just want to see something different.  Its easy to pile on Archie at the moment, but I just want to see attempts at change.  We keep doing the same things, and we keep getting worse at them.  I just want to see some kind of change.  Change defense, change offense, change lineups, change water boys.  Literally any change to try to shake things up.  I'm sure Archie is more frustrated than all of us combined, but he needs to figure out something that works better.  Doing the same things over and over again is going nowhere. 

I'm trying to give Archie the time he deserves, but its getting tougher by the day.  I really hope he shakes things up soon.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I guess my biggest thing is I just want to see something different.  Its easy to pile on Archie at the moment, but I just want to see attempts at change.  We keep doing the same things, and we keep getting worse at them.  I just want to see some kind of change.  Change defense, change offense, change lineups, change water boys.  Literally any change to try to shake things up.  I'm sure Archie is more frustrated than all of us combined, but he needs to figure out something that works better.  Doing the same things over and over again is going nowhere. 

I'm trying to give Archie the time he deserves, but its getting tougher by the day.  I really hope he shakes things up soon.

I have been saying those same things for awhile now.  He changes nothing.  I keep alluding to there is no sense of urgency with him.  Down double digits in the 2nd...where is the press?  Why do they run their offense like it is a close game?  Pitiful.  I am pissed.  

2 minutes ago, rico said:

That is all on Archie.  No confidence in the bench?  My ass.  That really makes me question what we got in a coach here.

C'mon Rico, objectively! you have watched the minutes when Fitz, Damezi,, Moore have come in, they offer NO offensive or more importantly defensive improvement!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

All I got to say is I don’t ever...EVER....want to hear about a kids verticle again. Can the kid put the ball in the hole....can he defend his position and can he shoot....I don’t care how athletic he is...just highlights of him knocking down J’s.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Is Archie's refusal to play Cliff and continued play of Fitzner a refusal to admit the fan base may be right?

I think it is a sign that he has no idea what he is doing.  No reason why cliff didn’t get some run tonight...he and Jake CANT be worse or a bigger hindrance than Justin Smith...no way.  

Archived