Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why!!!! I also wonder how long it took to edit those shooting highlights of guys canning shot after shot....probably was only possible now that Mark Cuban made that huge donation to the video computer systems at IU. Must have still took days of video editing and like several quad core super computers or whatever to accomplish it. Kudos to our audio video guys...at least someone is good at their job!

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

C'mon Rico, objectively! you have watched the minutes when Fitz, Damezi,, Moore have come in, they offer NO offensive or more importantly defensive improvement!

I could care less about Fitz.......but damn, McRoberts is better than Damezi?  Is McRoberts better than Moore?  Is McRoberts better than Jake?  Is McRoberts better than Race?  Kind of hard to tell when they don't see the floor.  I know one thing, when Clif is in he gives positive minutes.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Clifton Moore's advanced stats are only behind those of Juwan.  

But what does the eyeball stats tell you? Actually, I agree I would like to see more of Cliff that most of HSN had written off before the season!, but really he is no big improvement, just another liability as far as I am concerned!

1 minute ago, CTrojan88 said:

I think it is a sign that he has no idea what he is doing.  No reason why cliff didn’t get some run tonight...he and Jake CANT be worse or a bigger hindrance than Justin Smith...no way.  

Even if they are, they could still be used as motivators.  Hey starters, if you are not going to give the effort I need, I can just as well lose with these guys as I can you.  It is the Knight losing to Minnesota by 50 idea.  At a certain point as the coach, if you think the team is not listening, you have to show them who is in charge.  Who did Green think was in charge?  Who does Smith think is in charge?  Who does Romeo think is running the show?

I think there may be some issues on the team right now because Miller has not had the caliber of player he has now and he does not know how to deal with the egos.  I think he is also a little reticent to rip the golden boy.  You cannot do that.

one player out of 13 shows up to play.

disgusted.

embarrassing.

turned it on at 17-0 and turned it off,

checked in a few times, no better

can't stand needing to wait an entire year (through another football season) to watch a decent game by the Hoosiers (maybe)

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I could care less about Fitz.......but damn, McRoberts is better than Damezi?  Is McRoberts better than Moore?  Is McRoberts better than Jake?  Is McRoberts better than Race?  Kind of hard to tell when they don't see the floor.  I know one thing, when Clif is in he gives positive minutes.

As bad as it get's, yes McRoberts is far better than Damezi on defense and Damezi was 0/2 tonight on offense!

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

But what does the eyeball stats tell you? Actually, I agree I would like to see more of Cliff that most of HSN had written off before the season!, but really he is no big improvement, just another liability as far as I am concerned!

So.....you’re saying things could be worse?

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

My eyeballs tell me he rebounds, blocks shots, can score around the basket, gets lost on defense away from the basket, and can'tr shoot free throws.  So, no, he's not perfect, but he checks more boxes than Fitzner, McRoberts, and Damezi.  They played tonight.  Cliff didn't.  I personally think that's stupid.

43 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

If I'm Moore, I turn in my transfer papers tomorrow.  He's been very serviceable in his minutes he's gotten this year.  In conference play his per 40 minute stats are 13.3 points, 15 rebounds, and 3.3 blocks.

Was he hurt and I missed it?  If not, the idea that we have nobody on the bench to come in for a couple minutes when guys screw up is completely untrue.  He isn't perfect on defense, but I think Smith has whiplash from watching so many threes fly over his head tonight.

We got destroyed tonight and we basically played 6 guys the whole game.  What incentive is there to play hard if you get embarrassed on your own court and don't have to sit?

This

Now that we see how foolish the make fun of Purdue thread is...should we start a make fun of IU thread?? After all just about every thread on this page devolves into us laughing insanely at all that the state of our program. After the Sampson fiasco it was bad but I expected it...this is just maddening because we have respectable athletes on this team and we are still getting waxed.

42 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Archie is scared too.  Scared to give the bench guys a chance, scared to piss any of the starters off, scared to hold anyone accountable.  Him Taking responsibility for this train wreck is about 4 games too late....it’s all lip service until he does something bold to change this teams trajectory....

Can I get an AMEN!!!! This is spot on.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My eyeballs tell me he rebounds, blocks shots, can score around the basket, gets lost on defense away from the basket, and can'tr shoot free throws.  So, no, he's not perfect, but he checks more boxes than Fitzner, McRoberts, and Damezi.  They played tonight.  Cliff didn't.  I personally think that's stupid.

Like I said, would like to see more of Moore, but I really don't see him making any difference!

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Now that we see how foolish the make fun of Purdue thread is...should we start a make fun of IU thread?? After all just about every thread on this page devolves into us laughing insanely at all that the state of our program. After the Sampson fiasco it was bad but I expected it...this is just maddening because we have respectable athletes on this team and we are still getting waxed.

To be fair, I still think my joke about the cow, ugly virgin, and Purdue homecoming queen walking into a bar was funny.  

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

As bad as it get's, yes McRoberts is far better than Damezi on defense and Damezi was 0/2 tonight on offense!

I think both came with the shot clock running down...he really didn’t have much choice. Thing is if you build his confidence he CAN knock down shots...and can develop. McRoberts will never develop and is a hustle guy....but even that isn’t cutting it anymore and half the time he is getting faked out of his shoes or falling down on defense...not a good situation to be in but I’ll go with potential.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Even if they are, they could still be used as motivators.  Hey starters, if you are not going to give the effort I need, I can just as well lose with these guys as I can you.  It is the Knight losing to Minnesota by 50 idea.  At a certain point as the coach, if you think the team is not listening, you have to show them who is in charge.  Who did Green think was in charge?  Who does Smith think is in charge?  Who does Romeo think is running the show?

I think there may be some issues on the team right now because Miller has not had the caliber of player he has now and he does not know how to deal with the egos.  I think he is also a little reticent to rip the golden boy.  You cannot do that.

The biggest concern is that Archie has absolutely LOST this team.  No one is buying what he is selling and he isn’t doing anything to make them.  This is why I continue to say he is in over his head and this job is much too big for him.  My solution would be to fire Glass immediately, get a competent AD and have them lay down the expectations of the position very clearly.  Let him know he will be evaluated heavily next season and go from there.  No guarantees, just very clear expectations..

Archived