2021 / Damon's Record

22 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I rally have a hard time believing that a guy that scores 36 a game would not have a spot at Indiana. I know all the arguments etc... its still 36 a game. Almost what we as a team are averaging during this losing streak.   Maybe my memory is way off but Todd Leary was not the most athletic guy in the building by any stretch. I watched him a couple times shoot us back to life. We do not have anyone that can do that. If this kid flirts with the record you would have to think he can play at this level.  maybe I am way off on this but 36 a game are you kidding me.

I got to coach against the Graves boys, Brody Boyd, Colt Ryan, Michael Menser and Bryant McIntosh  and heard a lot of people say they were not IU worthy, but I believe there were spots for each of them. If this kid continues to play like this and we don't offer I guarantee he will beat us at some point in his career. 

Menser can still light it up, and he definitely could have played at IU. Would have been a really really good player for us had Knight recruited him.

1 minute ago, T-Free20 said:

Menser can still light it up, and he definitely could have played at IU. Would have been a really really good player for us had Knight recruited him.

I definitely believe that. All of those guys were scouting nightmares. I think we did a tremendous job defender Colt Ryan and he still dropped 36 on us one night.

Houston offered Blackmon...they are a top 15 team....much much better than us. So why is it such a long shot we offer Jalen? Kid is kind of an IU legacy basically with his brothers and is in range when he steps in the gym. IU looks to have 3 scholarships for 2021 and I would say Landers and Furst  would be high targets so that could potentially leave room for a sharpe shooter.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Houston offered Blackmon...they are a top 15 team....much much better than us. So why is it such a long shot we offer Jalen? Kid is kind of an IU legacy basically with his brothers and is in range when he steps in the gym. IU looks to have 3 scholarships for 2021 and I would say Landers and Furst  would be high targets so that could potentially leave room for a sharpe shooter.

There is a lot of potential in the 2021 class.  You don't want to use all of your available schollies early.  Blackmon will still be there at the beginning of his Sr. year if that's the route you decide to go.  But, leaving your options open is the correct approach at this point. 

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

The competition that Houston plays is not like he would face in the big ten.  I remember people saying the same thing about the youngest Gordon and how he was going to be the best of the 3 and were upset that we did not recruit him.  I know he went to Seton Hall for a couple of years but have lost track of where he went.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The competition that Houston plays is not like he would face in the big ten.  I remember people saying the same thing about the youngest Gordon and how he was going to be the best of the 3 and were upset that we did not recruit him.  I know he went to Seton Hall for a couple of years but have lost track of where he went.

I don’t think we should be offering him yet I mean he is sophomore after all but to not be recruiting him (calling/visits/in contact) just because his measurables aren’t where we like them and rule him out already I thjnk is premature. Still a lot of time for his game to fill out. I would just like to keep recruiting these special kids in our state just in case. Seems people are saying they aren’t on our radar..I don’t get it.

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

The article said he has heard from iu 

Coachss in Jalens thread  “

I don't expect Indiana to recruit this player. ”. I was just going by this. But I hope we are actively recruiting..we can hold that offer like we are Leal’s but I don’t want to turn this kid and family off if he continues to break records and competes on both ends of the floor.

Archived