Rutgers Post

Drroogh

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 5fouls said:

For everyone that keeps saying none of this is Archie's fault, defend his decision to take Al out of the game right after he scores 5 straight and should have been at the line for 2 more after getting mauled on a non-call.  Defend it.  I'm listening.

I still don't know why coaches think they need to take players out with two fouls either.  We had the 8 point lead in the first half and then took out Romeo and Morgan because they had two fouls. and we saw how that ended.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

For everyone that keeps saying none of this is Archie's fault, defend his decision to take Al out of the game right after he scores 5 straight and should have been at the line for 2 more after getting mauled on a non-call.  Defend it.  I'm listening.

He ran right into the dbl team.. definitely should have been a foul.. i saw it more as a sit down, get a little rest and get back at it...  i understand what you are saying though..  i just didnt have a problem with it at that time.  Dont get sloppy and try to do too much

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

He ran right into the dbl team.. definitely should have been a foul.. i saw it more as a sit down, get a little rest and get back at it...  i understand what you are saying though..  i just didnt have a problem with it at that time.  Dont get sloppy and try to do too much

There was a timeout immediately after (plenty of time to rest) and he STILL did not come back in.  Just dumb coaching.  I'm sorry.  Someone is out there trying to make it happen, and it's actually working,  That's the one guy you don't take out.  

Nothing at this point looks like CAM is the guy.  He gets paid way too much to have this program perform at this level.  Does this mean things won't turn around? No, but what is the indication that it will.  Realistically we are a minimum of 2-3 years away from being good. I'm not talking great, but just good.  A reasonable expectation is that next year we see a tougher minded team that is in a position to make the tournament.  No way we should expect that next year will be a banner year, any kind of banner.  Man do I hope he can do it, because if not that just sets the timeline back another 4-5 years.  I would like to think I won't watch any more games this year because it is hard to think anything that good happens is the start of the turn around.   I think the state of Indiana needs to begin to acknowledge that its not the center of the basketball world.  Very sad that there is zero pleasure in IU basketball.  Time to move on for the year.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you’ve gone to the dark side.

Easy to be funny when things are going well.

Crean was dealt a hand that required multiple years to fix.  Sure, Archie inherited something that required time to become a title contender, but there is no reason for what we are seeing here.  I'm not saying fire him.  i'm just tired of the 'none of it is his fault' and 'give him time' crap.  He does bear responsibility and the time he needs is for building a champion, not for coaching a team that is in 12th place in conference.  

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you’ve gone to the dark side.

Easy to be funny when things are going well.

Dude, just give it a rest.  If you don’t want to see anything negative about the IU basketball program right after they just got destroyed by Rutgers for their seventh straight loss, you should probably just stay off the internet for the next couple days.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Crean was dealt a hand that required multiple years to fix.  Sure, Archie inherited something that required time to become a title contender, but there is no reason for what we are seeing here.  I'm not saying fire him.  i'm just tired of the 'none of it is his fault' and 'give him time' crap.  He does bear responsibility and the time he needs is for building a champion, not for coaching a team that is in 12th place in conference.  

Crean would have loved to have had two NBA players his first two years

We can officially put a fork in this season.  For reasons unknown to the public, this team has chosen to mail the season in.  The last 2 L's especially have been the most jejune performances of a BB team since CTC's last year.  I've now moved on to apathy.  I won't be driving down for any more games--just give my tickets away.  I can't believe IU charges for attendance.  After all with the product on the floor who would pay money for such performances.  I will not hold CAM completely responsible yet.  He still gets 3yr before I believe his position is in jeopardy.  Unfortunately, I don't expect much next year either.  The glaring weaknesses of this team seem unaddressed at this point.  The questions I have are the following:

1.  Shooting is atrocious.  Which players can Shoot not Score the ball and who are we recruiting

2.  Bigs--We have real problems competing with some of the Bigs in the BIG.  I see only forwards.  No true Centers.  How do we address this deficiency

3.  MOST IMPORTANT:  NO GRIT.  NO DETERMINATION.  NO WILL TO WIN.  NO FIGHT.  NO EDGE.  I don't care about the descriptor.  Who grows a pair and becomes a leader and demands excellence of himself and his teammates

It sickens me to think and write my thoughts.  This team has become an laughing stock and embarrassment to themselves and the fans.  They bear the responsibility. I have lost faith in them for the season.  It is to weep that they have fallen so far and for no explicable reason!

Archived