Rutgers Post

Drroogh

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nope. Easy to be the “pile on” guy. 

Don’t think that they got “destroyed “.

Hyperbole much?

Back in the day, you had serious questions about Crean.  I have serious questions about Archie,  Not piling on, just reserving my right to be a concerned fan, much like you did with Crean.  

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

If I didn’t do my job or meet expectations I’d have gotten fired. Do you remember the press conference when Archie got hired? Pretty sure the standards were set higher than this. But we will get through this. And next year we just might take Rutgers down finally. 

Obviously everyone is frustrated.   But if Hunter didnt get hurt, he is starting... which means we would have 3 freshman in the back court.. that should tell everyone what crean left us..  if Brooks commits, smith wont start next year.  This team has a very low IQ and is not assembled well.  I see some athletes,  but not basketball players.    Recruiting is the only way this gets fixed

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Obviously everyone is frustrated.   But if Hunter didnt get hurt, he is starting... which means we would have 3 freshman in the back court.. that should tell everyone what crean left us..  if Brooks commits, smith wont start next year.  This team has a very low IQ and is not assembled well.  I see some athletes,  but not basketball players.    Recruiting is the only way this gets fixed

Who said Hunter starts? Archie tell you that?? So convenient to say now. 

13 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

This is what Archie inherited.   Coming out of high school, 247 player rankings:

1.  Deron #40. (Can't play)                          2.  Justin #78.                                                3.  Juwan #117.                                            4.  Race #134.(Can't play)                            5.  Clifton #151.                                            6.  Devonte #197. (Can't play)                     7.  Aljami.#230                       

Sorry, but you'll have to wait.  

Can you put together the rankings of what Chris Mack inherited from David Padgett?

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, Crean's first year we went 1-17, so there is a long streak in there somewhere.

Looks like it was actually 11 games in Crean’s second year.  Longest conference losing streak in his first season was 10 games, which included a loss in the BTT.  Not sure there are any longer streaks going back further than that, but I would doubt there are.

Who said this season wasn’t going to be historic?

2 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Who said Hunter starts? Archie tell you that?? So convenient to say now. 

I think thats pretty obvious.  He was killing in practice ( gold jersey) and juwan said he was the only player he had to go "full out" against.  Complain all you want, this team isn't very talented.  And archie is not above  criticism,  im not saying that..  

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I think thats pretty obvious.  He was killing in practice ( gold jersey) and juwan said he was the only player he had to go "full out" against.  Complain all you want, this team isn't very talented.  And archie is not above  criticism,  im not saying that..  

Green won the gold jersey too. 

Just now, hoosier_exotics said:

I think you mean well. But he was killing it in practice? That sounds like Tom Crean speak honestly. I think any team with two NBA players should make the NCAA tournament. And neither of those players has gotten hurt. 

My thoughts:

Like I said last game, Al is playing with real heart on this team.  He will be the leader the next two years.

People can complain about the bench not scoring and yadda yadda but here is what I saw: Moore making free throws, jake out hustling starting players up and down the court, Anderson playing with more hustle and effort during crunch time when it counted than starters.  I’ll take losses with hustle over loses of apathy at this point.

I will say it again, time to press more than just the end of games.  The team actually seems to do it decently.  Not all the time but keep they opposing team on their toes.

Archie needs to keep forcing the shooters to shoot.  Either get them out of their funk through reps or sheer embarrassment.  If Fitzner or anyone acts like the ball is a grenade then they can sit or shoot.  I would say that directly to them, if you don’t want to sit shoot the damn ball.

Alternatively if the shooters continue to not shoot them time to change the gameplan.  I can’t believe I am saying this but a faster transition type offense might be better to finish out the year.

Play the players that listen and care.  This season is in the dumpster, play the ones that want to be here.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Yes, Jerome Hunter would have made a difference.  That said, the facts are we were 12-2 without him and playing pretty darn well.  His injury is NOT the epicenter of this cluster.

I agree with that 5!  But remember that big stretch of games we barely won? 1 or 2 points here and there... Archie hasnt been happy with this team all year, even when we were winning... other than Marquette,  which Fitz had 16 pts in. We havent been good. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Yes, Jerome Hunter would have made a difference.  That said, the facts are we were 12-2 without him and playing pretty darn well.  His injury is NOT the epicenter of this cluster.

I agree. With every loss the legend of Jerome Hunter grows. I am expecting nothing less than the second coming when he suits up next year. 

3 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

We have two All Big Ten level players. Not just that, we actually were a good team a month ago. Top 25 both in the polls and computer rankings, 12-2 record. Even up through the close loss at Maryland, this was looking like a solid season.

I really don't know how to explain the complete collapse we've seen over the past couple of weeks. We are just a different completely different team right now.

Just now, hoosier_exotics said:

I agree with that 5!  But remember that big stretch of games we barely won? 1 or 2 points here and there... Archie hasnt been happy with this team all year, even when we were winning... other than Marquette,  which Fitz had 16 pts in. We havent been good. 

This is a fair point, I think we are seeing many of those close wins we’re luck and fools gold 

5 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

I think you mean well. But he was killing it in practice? That sounds like Tom Crean speak honestly. I think any team with two NBA players should make the NCAA tournament. And neither of those players has gotten hurt. 

I dont disagree with you.   I think we all thought Romeo was gonna come in and kill it..  in my opinion he can average 20+ and still not carry this team.. just mentally,  not that kind of player

Think about it, any time we step on the floor we are going against a team that probably is going to shoot better than us, play with more passion than us,  outrebound us, shoot free throws better than us and have less turnovers than us. That's a heck of a lot to overcome.  What can we control?  Our passion and attitude.  Who has control over that?  The players!  I'm sure there's plenty of energy an attitude and passion in practice, from... the coaches.  Having reliable and confidence shooters from the outside would completely change the dynamics of this team along with a healthy DD. We just don't have that right now; so at least play with freaking passion!

I am a BIG archie fan. I believe he’s our guy long term. I could be wrong but that’s where I am at. I believe something behind the scenes is WRONG with this team as evidenced by such a dramatic nose dive and all the body language we see.

no I don’t believe Archie is blameless...heck he’s the head guy and the buck stops with him. Are there concerns? Absolutely!

to the person that said (sorry don’t remember) “we are a minimum of 2-3 years from being good” well with all due respect “duh, any program is 2-3 years from being that coaches TEAM.” In college football you really have to give a coach four years because teams lean more on upperclassmen.  In college basketball, you might be able to fudge it to 3. Personally as a big archie fan I DO expect that starting NEXT year he must be in the tourney and showing both in recruiting and in wins that we are following the path to get to where we need to be. Next year I am all for being reasonably critical. Right now, sorry but I believe nothing good can come from us as fans flipping out. All thats going to do it hurt team morale, hurting recruiting, etc when there is NO way Archie is going anywhere nor should he. 

Do you have the RIGHT to gripe and complain? Yes. Should you? In my opinion no because NOTHING GOOD can come of it. And this is coming from a guy calling for Crean’s head like MAD at the end of his career. Posters here no that. Archie gets what crean got...his chance. 

Nonone is going to tell me Archie doesn’t want to win and isn’t trying his hardest. He has the backing of other coaches and he has a proven track record to say he should get his chance which should be a minimum of three years before anyone throws a fit.

just my take.

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

He said in that tweet the team wasn’t comfortable, not just Justin. The how of that tweet was wrong, the why was wrong, but the what may have some validity. 

Yep.  The tweet represented something.  We can only speculate on what, but it is definitely an indicator of a problem.  And, frankly things didn't start spinning out of control until after it came out.

5 minutes ago, Shooter said:

We have two All Big Ten level players. Not just that, we actually were a good team a month ago. Top 25 both in the polls and computer rankings, 12-2 record. Even up through the close loss at Maryland, this was looking like a solid season.

I really don't know how to explain the complete collapse we've seen over the past couple of weeks. We are just a different completely different team right now.

Not to be mean to a Morgan and Romeo butnif we had two all big ten players on our team we wouldn’t be in the middle of a 7 game skid. If this keeps up no one on our team deserves individual awards. If you’re two of five players on the court in a sport and you’re good then you can pull your team better than this. There are guys in the NBA who score a lot of points who are on bad teams and don’t become all stars for a reason. On bad teams someone has to still score. It isn’t about stats it’s about stats AFTER team success. As of now neither Morgan NOR Romeo deserve much of anything in the line of awards.

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Not to be mean to a Morgan and Romeo butnif we had two all big ten players on our team we wouldn’t be in the middle of a 7 game skid. If this keeps up no one on our team deserves individual awards. If you’re two of five players on the court in a sport and you’re good then you can pull your team better than this. There are guys in the NBA who score a lot of points who are on bad teams and don’t become all stars for a reason. On bad teams someone has to still score. It isn’t about stats it’s about stats AFTER team success. As of now neither Morgan NOR Romeo deserve much of anything in the line of awards.

Agreed.  A lot of very good players on winning teams that deserve the recognition.  

Archived