Michigan State Pregame Thread

rbkl

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

My starting lineup: Moore, Morgan, Langford, Durham, Phinesee. First of the bench, Damezi, Forrester, Green, McBob, Smith

Finally, a post that's not suicidal. 

Based on attitude/effort of play, i can't argue this line up at all.  Why in the crap would Gameday go to MSU this year, seems like ANYWHERE would be better. 

13 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

According to Archie’s press conference today, McRoberts is being shut down indefinitely with a stress reaction in his foot.

Hadn't heard that. Too bad for McRoberts, hate to see the end of his career go this way. In terms of the team though, it's probably best, we saw how much it hurt the team when they tried to play Davis when he was clearly not right. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Hadn't heard that. Too bad for McRoberts, hate to see the end of his career go this way. In terms of the team though, it's probably best, we saw how much it hurt the team when they tried to play Davis when he was clearly not right. 

Yeah, you know I was always a McBob fan.  He’s just been a shell of himself this season... Sad to watch.  Agreed that it’s better for the team that he sits now.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yeah, you know I was always a McBob fan.  He’s just been a shell of himself this season... Sad to watch.  Agreed that it’s better for the team that he sits now.

Yeah, I'm definitely guilty of pumping him up this offseason as well. Won't shy away from that at all. But, he's clearly not the same guy. Last season, even with his reluctance to shoot, he was good for a handful of plays a game where he either swooped in to tip in a miss or to at least tip a miss to a teammate for an easy put back. I can't remember even one of those this season. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I'm definitely guilty of pumping him up this offseason as well. Won't shy away from that at all. But, he's clearly not the same guy. Last season, even with his reluctance to shoot, he was good for a handful of plays a game where he either swooped in to tip in a miss or to at least tip a miss to a teammate for an easy put back. I can't remember even one of those this season. 

We’ll always have this play I guess.  Seems like a hundred years ago, lol

1 hour ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

Finally, a post that's not suicidal. 

Based on attitude/effort of play, i can't argue this line up at all.  Why in the crap would Gameday go to MSU this year, seems like ANYWHERE would be better. 

Totally agree. With all the sports-related bad press MSU has gotten (yet still continue to roll right along)....WHY?

When you lose 7 in a row the expectation for me now is to compete with an edge or toughness for 40 minutes. That's all I can ask. If they want to go up there with the same care free no big deal flow....we'll get beat by 40 only if Izzo calls off the guys which he usually doesn't. I think last year they were up 20-25 and he had all starters still in with 90 seconds to go. 

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It will be one of those situations where the miracle happens 42 seconds after the DVR stops recording.  :coffee:

I could live with that.  I would have most of the game recorded and if it is that big of a miracle, then end will be widely available online. 

But I usually set the DVR to add an extra half hour after the game is scheduled to be over just in case.

47 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

https://twitter.com/SethTow/status/1091413125176397825?s=20

I'm excited that Deron Davis is able to jump again.  Haven't seen that in a long time.  Hopefully he can move forwards,  backwards, left and right before being brought back.  

1/10/18.  De'Ron Davis undergoes surgery for a torn Achilles.

Please keep in mind this is coming from one of his biggest supporters. And in retrospect as well.

It's my firm belief that De'Ron should have been shut down for the entire year. 

Archived