Michigan State post game

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shooter said:

How about Al Durham - gets his finger dislocation reduced on the bench and comes straight back in to the game? What a tough kid.

Not to mention, he hit 3 of 4 FTs with his taped up shooting hand after the injury.

Can I give this twenty 'likes'?...   is that against the rules?

1 minute ago, IUalum said:

I always thought DD was a huge part of what the team needed. He played 25 minutes tonight.  Huge. Watching Morgan have to muscle the Rutgers players on defense from the first play earlier this week, it's a wonder he had anything left in the second half.  With DD and a little help from Forrester,  it is a different team.  Hopefully, Juan is not out for long.

Agreed

Just now, Reacher said:

Green led the team in +/- followed by Davis and Smith.

Davis and smith have been talked about. Green had a few bad moments but his shooting and D were big in his return after his 3 game absence.

Bad Green got checked at the door. No bad out of control drives. Did a wonderful job.

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I can't remember the last time I have been as proud of an IU team as I am tonight.  Going on the road against the #6 team in the country and being depleted by injuries and pulling off this win.  Every one that played tonight played their butts of and that is all we can as for.  I am so proud of Davis playing this many minutes and playing so well

An incredible gutsy win all around! 

I could not watch the game. I recorded and made plans to go to the grocery with my wife. I didn't check the score until I got home and was surprised we were close. I was watching something else and checked on the score and we were up 2. I didn't watch anymore. I was texting with my son and my wife told me the game went into overtime. I told her no way we could pull it out in overtime. A while later she asked me if I wanted to know who won. I said Michigan State by 5. She told me the Hoosiers won and I called her a liar. I think she got a little pissed at me. lol
So I logged on to espn and checked the score. Hell yes they won!
Congratulations to the team and Coach Miller. I was going to go the game but I just couldn't stomach watching them get beat. I am pissed because I didn't buck up to the line. 

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We aren’t likely to hit that many 3s again...plus the other team miss like 75% of their free throws...but confidence is key and we should have that winning without Morgan. Hope he is alright.

I agree, just hope everybody doesn’t get their hopes up that we’re all of a sudden a different team. As you said though, a lot of competing is confidence so hopefully we can ride it. 

We aren’t likely to hit that many 3s again...plus the other team miss like 75% of their free throws...but confidence is key and we should have that winning without Morgan. Hope he is alright.

I agree, just hope everybody doesn’t get their hopes up that we’re all of a sudden a different team. As you said though, a lot of competing is confidence so hopefully we can ride it. 

Wow what a great win, hopefully the team can use this with a favorable home schedule coming up!

Have to give props to the team, best effort in maybe any game.  Things got sluggish there in the middle of the first and in past games that’s when they let the other team get on a run.  Great job not letting them blow it open.

Getting DD back was so huge, and besides maybe not being in game He looked great.

Making three pointers but even more free throws was huge.

Green, Smith, Romeo and team will keep making mistakes.  But the key is not letting them cascade.  For most every bad play Smith made up for it when it counted.  Just keep the fight and effort and good things will happen.

When it isn’t just Romeo and Juan scoring good things happen.

Jake may have fouled out but he gave the team exactly what they needed.  Plus putting Ward consistently on the line not a bad thing.

Did anyone else feel that the offense flowed better tonight?  Even on a few plays where there were turnovers I saw Romeo getting open.  Same with quite a few others.  Romeo is better off the ball, having him get the ball inbounds to win the game was weird to me.

Overall great win that can completely change things to finish the season.  Crean years always seemed to die at the end of the season.  Hopefully this is a sign of a strong finish.

Hopefully Juan injury is not serious he is key to finishing strong.

Drinks are on me!!! 🥃🍺🍸

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Green led the team in +/- followed by Davis and Smith.

Davis and smith have been talked about. Green had a few bad moments but his shooting and D were big in his return after his 3 game absence.

Classic Devonte Green game really. A few terrible turnovers that have me yelling at the TV. A few huge shots. Overall solid defense. He gets a lot of flak but this team absolutely needs him.

3 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I could not watch the game. I recorded and made plans to go to the grocery with my wife. I didn't check the score until I got home and was surprised we were close. I was watching something else and checked on the score and we were up 2. I didn't watch anymore. I was texting with my son and my wife told me the game went into overtime. I told her no way we could pull it out in overtime. A while later she asked me if I wanted to know who won. I said Michigan State by 5. She told me the Hoosiers won and I called her a liar. I think she got a little pissed at me. lol
So I logged on to espn and checked the score. Hell yes they won!
Congratulations to the team and Coach Miller. I was going to go the game but I just couldn't stomach watching them get beat. I am pissed because I didn't buck up to the line. 

I love and appreciate ya but... you couldn't watch because you had to go to the grocery?!

We have to have a conversation here.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Indeed...but half our team got injured doing it...I mean I’ve never seen a more physical team then MSU and they get away with murder..seriously I think we lost a ball boy tonight!

Big bad MSU let the undersized Hoosiers get 20 Offensive rebounds and outrebound them by 8. Izzo can't be happy about that.

11 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

You should’ve taken @FKIM01’s advice and recorded +60.  Unfortunately you didn’t, and since we won, you can’t in the future either.

Yeah, that plus 60 was crucial tonight.  Watching the replay now...doesn't look like a group that isn't getting along...

My buddy shaved his beard for the game.  Now he has to shave before every game.

Archived