Michigan State post game

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Wow what a great win, hopefully the team can use this with a favorable home schedule coming up!

Have to give props to the team, best mergers in maybe any game.  Things got sluggish there in the middle of the first and in past games that’s when they let the other team get on a run.  Great job not letting them blow it open.

Getting DD back was so huge, and besides maybe not being in game He looked great.

Making three pointers but even more free throws was huge.

Green, Smith, Romeo and team will keep making mistakes.  But the key is not letting them cascade.  For most every bad play Smith made up for it when it counted.  Just keep the fight and effort and good things will happen.

When it isn’t just Romeo and Juan scoring good things happen.

Jake may have fouled out but he gave the team exactly what they needed.  Plus putting Ward consistently on the line not a bad thing.

Did anyone else feel that the offense flowed better tonight?  Even on a few plays where there were turnovers I saw Romeo getting open.  Same with quite a few others.  Romeo is better off the ball, having him get the ball inbounds to win the game was weird to me.

Overall great win that can completely change things to finish the season.  Crean years always seemed to die at the end of the season.  Hopefully this is a sign of a strong finish.

Hopefully Juan injury is not serious he is key to finishing strong.

Drinks are on me!!! 🥃🍺🍸

Peace ☮️ brother. Sorry for the dust up in the game thread.

But who is this Juan you refer to?😄

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Green led the team in +/- followed by Davis and Smith.

Davis and smith have been talked about. Green had a few bad moments but his shooting and D were big in his return after his 3 game absence.

I was just going to give Green props - 3 of 4 from the arc, 11 points, 5 assists, 5 boards, big minutes, great to see him come back extra focused and a key to our win, happy for him, and encouraged 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I was just going to give Green props - 3 of 4 from the arc, 11 points, 5 assists, 5 boards, big minutes, great to see him come back extra focused and a key to our win, happy for him, and encouraged 

KInd of the unsung here tonight, IMO. You can Jakes gritty play to that as well.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I didn’t get to watch and stats showed he had a solid one, but of course I tuned in for the turnover and subsequent (going under the screen) three pointer from his man after having the ball up four with :47 secs left. Was ready to strangle him. 

Went 7-11 from three in the second half and overtime... hit six straight threes from the 16 minute mark to the 4 minute mark in the second half (Fitzner, Durham, Green, Durham, Langford, Green).  I can guarantee that hasn’t happened yet this season... Talk about opening the floodgates, finally.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Went 7-11 from three in the second half and overtime... hit six straight threes from the 16 minute mark to the 4 minute mark in the second half (Fitzner, Durham, Green, Durham, Langford, Green).  I can guarantee that hasn’t happened yet this season... Talk about opening the floodgates, finally.

It was great to see!

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Interesting stats:

-Five players in double figures (including Davis/Green)

-21 assists to 11 turnovers

-10/20 from three point range (yet 13/19 from the stripe). Go figure. 

-Smith had 13 points, 10 rebounds (5 offensive), and 5 blocks. A serious flash of his potential. 

Absolute road map to wins.

disribution, balance, better looks, makes, and of course big Time grit and hustle 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Absolute road map to wins.

disribution, balance, better looks, makes, and of course big Time grit and hustle 

And I don't think it's coincidence that we got our two juniors back on the court and they both contributed heavily. Those two guys aren't always the most efficient players but they are experienced and have a toughness this team desperately needed tonight. They gave us 23 points, 11 rebounds, and 9 assists and went 50% from the field. What a huge lift! 

Archived