Michigan State post game

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I love and appreciate ya but... you couldn't watch because you had to go to the grocery?!

We have to have a conversation here.

I am 64 years old. My wife is 40 years old, 125 pounds and good looking, has a great job and lets me stay home and do nothing. If you were in my shoes and she wanted you to go to the grocery what would you do? lol

31 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Although I'm happy IU won, I feel badly for Jay Bilas. He just wanted MSU to win in the worst way.

First post btw 😁

No one respects IU after how they have looked these past 7 games.......The only person that showed IU respect was coach Izzo during the pre game interview with Don Fischer. I heard Izzo say, "Even though  IU has had a tough stretch, 5 out of those 7 losses were on the road, IU is too talented and too well coached to let that continue. What a great opportunity for a team to come in here looking for a win against #6 team in the country..."

16 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I am 64 years old. My wife is 40 years old, 125 pounds and good looking, has a great job and lets me stay home and do nothing. If you were in my shoes and she wanted you to go to the grocery what would you do? lol

I'd set the DVR and go to the damned grocery store!  Wins are always fun to watch on replay anyway.

17 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

No pictures= didn't happen.  Need picture proof. Summer lake pictures only.

After attending the debacle that was the Michigan Game and then Rutgers, no sane individual would have given IU ANY chance to beat MSU in their own house.  I said before that the onus was on the players to come to games prepared to play and give 110%.  Well love the fact that CAM and the TEAM came together tonight.  Hopefully, this type of effort and execution can be sustained.  Just pleased with everyone CAM and TEAM showing they may be capable of overcoming their recent adversity.  

Justin Smith-Special cudos for performance.  He has taken a lot of deserved criticism. Tonight has to be his best game in an IU uniform and received some redemption.  KEEP IT UP!

DD--How on earth does he manage to go for 25 QUALITY minutes

DG--Hope he continues to be a positive for the team

AL--Absolutely love this young mans development.  He just keeps on being someone  we can rely on

Morgan--Pray the injury is minor.  Hate to see any more injuries

Jake--Loved his energy and effort.  Team seamed to feed off him.  

Romeo--Finally some confident 3's.  Absolutely a game changing addition.

Hope the TEAM we saw tonight is not a ONE AND DONE!

Told my wife earlier today I might not watch the game because I didn't want to see a beating where we don't even care. Her response, "Whatever.  You know you love them too much not to watch."  She was right, and so glad to see the effort this team put out tonight.  Hope this can be a turning point where guys see you have to play for each other, and do whatever it takes on every possession. 

Different guys will have on and off nights, but you can always contribute with hustle, defense, and discipline.  The final stretch of the regular season started tonight. Let's see what we can do.

What a turnaround.  I did not see this coming at all.  This was as gutsy a win as I can remember.  It helped that Sparty couldn't hit a FT but this team showed it can overcome adversity.  Nearly every Hoosier fan was giving up on the season and BANG!  They looked like they were playing for each other for once too.  I hope we build on this.  

Btw, I think it's kind of ironic that one of the key reasons we won this game is that we actually out shot a team from the free throw line. Our 13/19 (we're 65% on the year) looks stellar compared to MSU's 9/21 (they are 73% on the year). And many of their misses were at key moments for them....and amazingly Davis, a 53% shooter, knocked down 3/4 at the end. 

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Btw, I think it's kind of ironic that one of the key reasons we won this game is that we actually out shot a team from the free throw line. Our 13/19 (we're 65% on the year) looks stellar compared to MSU's 9/21 (they are 73% on the year). And many of their misses were at key moments for them....and amazingly Davis, a 53% shooter, knocked down 3/4 at the end. 

He and Al won that game at the free throw line.

What a freaking win.  What game.  This was huge.  Ward is a beast and is a glimpse of what Deron Davis is going to do to this league next year.  

Can we cancel the transfer talk and talk about some what if's?

What if winning actually does cure all?  Sure Romeo and Smith had words after Romeo forced something.  I'll leave the interpretation to the experts.  

This is what I think.  If CAM knows there is someone he is going to force out, they sure are getting a lot of playing time?... Want to kick Green to the curb tonight?  What if he didn't play tonight?  We lose.  What if Justin doesn't play tonight?  We lose.  

I beg of this board to suspend the transfer talk until April.  Oh well, to each his own, cough, cough, go to rivals, cough.  

Archived