Is there a path to 10?

16 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I believe 10 wins in this year’s B1G gets us a tournament bid hands down. 9-11 would put us uncomfortably on the bubble. We stand at 4-7 as of now. Here is our remaining schedule. Is there a path to 10?

vs Iowa

vs Ohio St

at Minnesota 

vs Purdue 

at Iowa

vs Wisconsin 

vs MSU

at Illinois 

vs Rutgers 

Man, what a grind!   No gimme's

1 hour ago, iRepIU said:

I’m sorry but at Rutgers is a bad loss 

Nothing to be sorry for.  Fortunately the metrics have changed, though there is no such thing as a good loss, this isn't a bad loss.  At one time, I believe Rutgers was top 50 in the NET ( early December? ).  They were near 100 at the time of our loss to them.  Thus making it something other than bad.  As mentioned above - quad 2 loss.

It's really just one game at a time. Perspective changes as the games go on. How will we play against Iowa on Thursday?

I think that will be the tell tale sign of what's to come as this season winds down.

As has been said, Archie's teams tend to improve as the year goes on...we never really did that...mostly due to injuries decreasing practice time. Now that we are hopefully getting healthy and eligible, this team will start that improvement trajectory and start playing like that Top 4 Big Ten team many thought we had. 

I loved what I heard from DeRon in the post game interview... "The league doesn't respect us and other coaches don't respect us" Maybe there will be a chip on the shoulder from here on out.

I don’t see us winning more than 9. As happy as I am right now, what some are forgetting is that just because our outside shots fell last night doesn’t mean our outside shooting problems are cured. I loved the effort and it gives me some hope, but even with a healthy Morgan, I’m not sure we can get out of the hole we dug. With our front half of the conference being 4 and 7 that leaves are margin for error small. I’m not sure we can beat Illinois at there place as some are penciling that in as a win. Beating Purdue and Michigan st at home would also go a long way. 

Archived