Bowl or bust....fire or stay?

Payday

On 11/3/2017 at 2:16 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Good posts, Rogue.

The offensive line has been...well...offensive.  Brandon Knight is a really good athlete but durability has been a challenge there.  Cronk played like a 5 star his freshman year, but has taken a step back this year as he's growing into his body.  I'd argue that Stepaniak and Littlejohn are not good foot athletes.  The good news is that this group is really young and can be a more cohesive unit in the next couple of years.  

There were some good reports on Caleb Jones in practice.  I believe he's redshirting and should be a very good tackle in time.  Cronk will have two more years and the chance to be a four year starter.  Wes Martin has one more year, I believe, as does Brandon Knight.  Crider is a freshman and shows promise.  Nworah has been playing due to injuries to other guys and getting some experience. One of our top recruits is an offensive lineman, Aidan Rafferty.  A couple of years down the road, he could be a contributor, but he won't need to be rushed in unless there are injury problems.    

Our top recruit overall is a RB and with Ellison, I think we will have a nice running tandem and a more experienced offensive line.  

My concern with this is that I always hate o see programs get in the type cycle where you have large bunches graduating. It typically creates feast or famine seasons cycles.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Could be taking this quote out of context, but apparently Allen is going the route of blaming injuries for our fourth quarter woes:

image.png.294dcd37cc43d4f235aae0a9c9cc749d.png

I hope you are wrong. As tough as tough as I am on Allen, I still think his heart is in the right place and I would prefer he stand like a man and show his character and not make excuses. The saying about excuses “your friends don’t need them and your enemies won’t believe them” always applies. Having said that, what he had to mean was that our lack of developed depth is taking a toll. Every single team has injuries this time of year. There is no doubt that is correct and is one of the main reasons if I were him I would demand a balancing of the big ten divisions. It is impossible to recruit and develope enough depth if you are constantly beaten down by the programs that are already at the top level. 

3 minutes ago, Payday said:

I hope you are wrong. As tough as tough as I am on Allen, I still think his heart is in the right place and I would prefer he stand like a man and show his character and not make excuses. The saying about excuses “your friends don’t need them and your enemies won’t believe them” always applies. Having said that, what he had to mean was that our lack of developed depth is taking a toll. Every single team has injuries this time of year. There is no doubt that is correct and is one of the main reasons if I were him I would demand a balancing of the big ten divisions. It is impossible to recruit and develope enough depth if you are constantly beaten down by the programs that are already at the top level. 

Something tells me you are correct. 

Archived