NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree with your first paragraph, the East isn't over, but if "the others" are shooting like this then the Nets will be really hard to beat. 

On your second paragraph, I agree except that the Celtics aren't getting any calls. Tough to play bully ball when the refs aren't calling anything on the other team. 

Tatum should have 3-4 trips to the foul line by now and I think he has none. 

Honestly don’t know what else they could do. Can’t keep up with them. Need to pound Irving and Harden down low. They aren’t interested in playing defense. Maybe get Durant in foul trouble. Not sure it matters...just not enough fire power.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Not a Celtics fan but they’ve gotten fouled every time they’ve taken it to the rim. Refs letting it go. Could have been several and ones. That said they just don’t have the fire power. Can’t trade 3s for 2s and they just haven’t done a good job sticking to Harris. He is the one guy you want to find on the break and not leave to help on the big 3.

Agree. The refs aren't costing the Celtics the game, they're just making it extremely uninteresting, and as a Celtics fan very frustrating. 

Instead of a 10-15 point game where you're at least sticking in wondering if the Celtics can make it close in the 4th, it's a 25 point blowout and you're hoping Stevens gets a tech and Smart gets ejected for losing his mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not a Celtics fan but they’ve gotten fouled every time they’ve taken it to the rim. Refs letting it go. Could have been several and ones. That said they just don’t have the fire power. Can’t trade 3s for 2s and they just haven’t done a good job sticking to Harris. He is the one guy you want to find on the break and not leave to help on the big 3.

To your point about him being the one guy you don't want to leave to help off of the Big Three, this is what makes the Nets so scary. You are pairing perhaps the best spot up shooter (at least in terms of roleplayers) in the league with three elite scorers. The math just doesn't work out for a defense when all those guys are playing. Even if you don't help off of Harris and you help off of Blake Griffin, the second pass is resulting in a wide open look for someone you don't want getting a wide open look. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Honestly don’t know what else they could do. Can’t keep up with them. Need to pound Irving and Harden down low. They aren’t interested in playing defense. Maybe get Durant in foul trouble. Not sure it matters...just not enough fire power.

I don't think there is anything they can do, especially without Brown (not that he'd be the difference in winning the series, he'd just help make it respectable). 

The Nets are just too talented. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Well if the Nets are getting this effort from the others and getting these calls no one in either conference will beat them, but I doubt that this continued all the way through to a title. Not that they can't win a title without those two factors that are causing this to be a blowout. 

I do struggle to envision anyone else coming out of the East if the Big Three remain healthy, it's just too much firepower. It's legitimately maybe three of the top five bucket getters on the planet. 

It’s an incredible luxury when your best two players sit and you still have a super star to carry you....Lebron goes out Lakers lose ground...same with Milwaulkie and Giannis etc. Luxury to have that 3rd star....and then Harris well if he continues like this..yikes! Gotta make Green, Shamet, Brown, Griffen etc beat you. Just like when Golden St teams forced Harrison Barnes/ Iggy to beat them. When they hit they won the championship...when they didn’t they fell short.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't think there is anything they can do, especially without Brown (not that he'd be the difference in winning the series, he'd just help make it respectable). 

The Nets are just too talented. 

Yeah Celtics were lacking even with Brown. Horrible matchup for them anyways...it’s just whether they can avoid a sweep.

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

I could see frustration with the Celtics. Between calls and getting run out it’s building.

Absolutely. Though I'd rather see that fight back when KD runs his mouth as opposed to just taking it. KD clearly said something to Fournier while Fournier was talking to the ref.