HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

To be honest, I feel the Boilers might be a dark horse to get to the FF.  

Not sure I’d go that far yet haha but I really like the make-up of this team. We have plenty of shooters (I’d guess we’ll once again be the best 3-Point shooting team in the league), solid bigs, and guys that can break down a defense (Carsen and Eastern) to set up easy buckets. Not too many weaknesses on this team. 

27 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure I’d go that far yet haha but I really like the make-up of this team. We have plenty of shooters (I’d guess we’ll once again be the best 3-Point shooting team in the league), solid bigs, and guys that can break down a defense (Carsen and Eastern) to set up easy buckets. Not too many weaknesses on this team. 

I would go that far.  I like Purdue's make up.  

30 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

pee yew sucks and WILL NOT MAKE THE FINAL FOUR ! !My God !, Who have they beaten Chicago State and Carroll , Montana . LMAO !Give me a break !! Lets see where those frogs are  AFTER THEY PLAY SOME GOOD TEAMS , PLEASE !!

We beat WVU in a scrimmage by double digits so even though it didn’t count in the record books, we still beat a higher ranked team quite easily. We beat Indiana State in a scrimmage too by like 25. Can only play who’s on the schedule. 

Chicago State has played 3 Division one A Schools so far this season !! THEY have LOST ALL 3 !! Valparaiso beat them 77 to 42 on November 4 , 2017 ! Iowa then beat them 95 to 62 on November 10 ,2017 !! Then pee yew beat them 111 to 42 !! Big deal ! Tennessee will play pee yew on Nov 22 ,2017 and TENNESSEE is 2 & 0 after WINNING AT CLEMSON 71 to 67 and crushing  a Presbyterian squad ( which is better than Chicago State) by a score of 88 to 53 !! ANd -There are TWO teams better than TENNESSEE in the Battle for ATlANTIS ( VILLANOVA AND THE ARIZONA WILDCATS ) !!!!! Just sayin'

3 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

The West Virginia OFFICIAL web site does not even list any exhibition game with pee yew this season !1 They do list West Virginia beating ALBANY in a Charity exhibition game !! By the Way , Texas A & M CLOBBERED WEST VIRGINIA 88 to 65 over the weekend in a GAME THAT ACTUALLY COUNTS !! LMAO , LMAO ,LMAO !!

It was a “secret” scrimmage that Purdue won by 11. They had the same one last year where Purdue lost to WVU. It’s been posted on twitter if you want to look there. 

Have you watched any of Purdue’s games? If so, I’m sure you can see the talent on that team. 

18 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I'm Really going to  enjoy seeing those OVERRATED [censured] jokers LOSE ! More this season than ever By the way West Virginia just got CLOBBERED BY TEXAS A & m !!

You need to stop because you are embarrassing yourself as well as our fan base.  Purdue is a legitimate conference title contender and could make noise in the tournament.  I get your hatred for PU because I hate them as well but try to be subjective.

Stlboiler:: Pee yew does have talent !! BUT What team with Any talent have they played this season ?/ You pointed out that pee yew beat West Virginia by 11 points in a flipping scrimmage game !! And I say West Virginia is way down this season ! The fact that they just got clobbered by 25 points by Texas A & M should make even YOU realize that pee yew has not played and  beaten a GOOD team yet this season !! 

Mile;; pee yew beat a West Virginia team by only 11 points  A West Virginia team that has had to replace from last year's West Virginia team :: Their # 3 , # 4 , # 6 # 7 and # 9 scorers ! That is FIVE of their TOP NINE SCORERS from last season and pee yew only lost ONE Key player !! Yet , Texas A & M beat that same West Virginia team by 25 points over this past weekend .. Mile - You SAY  that you saw pee yew play over the weekend !! But ,WHO did you see them play ??  Mile , be sure to watch all of the Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament  GAMES when pee yew will have to beat THREE good TEAMS in a row to win the Battle 4 Atlantis!! I think you might think a little less of pee yew at the end of that tournament !! ( I'm certainly hoping that they lose the first game in that tournament to Tennessee and have to go into the loser's bracket where they belong !!

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

You need to stop because you are embarrassing yourself as well as our fan base.  Purdue is a legitimate conference title contender and could make noise in the tournament.  I get your hatred for PU because I hate them as well but try to be subjective.

Very well said.  Damn, it ain't rocket science.  Purdue is good.  As an IU fan I am not ashamed to admit that.  

56 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Watched PU over the weekend.  I don't think they are over rated at all.  Top 25 team for sure.  They've got both depth and height.  And you all know what they say about height.

They had two years of Hammons and Haas together and won 0 tournament games.

They're good, but they have a history of killing it in November and December only to soil themselves in March. See: 2 years ago.

24 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They're good, but they have a history of killing it in November and December only to soil themselves in March. See: 2 years ago.

That’s very true. No way to know for sure what will happen but this team really has solid weapons. Those Hammons/Haas teams didn’t have a dynamic guard like Carsen Edwards who I think will be a stud this year. We shall see!

20 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

That Arkansas-Little Rock team finished 30-5. 

Archived