HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

P.S. Tennessee  actually does have SIX BIGS between 6'7" and 6'11" WHO ARE ACTUALLY playing and averaging a combined 26 points and 24.5 rebounds per game !! This will be the best test [ of many to come ] of good teams with GOOD SIZE to match up to pee yew with , imho !! !!

Who cares if they have guys that big? If teams try to take away the inside game, Purdue has the shooters to beat you. If they try to guard the perimeter, Purdue will torch them down low. Pick your poison. 

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Actually , Tennessee's win at Clemson was a charity BENEFIT game that does not count in the regular season won-loss total !1 So-Both Tennessee and Clemson are 2 & 0 in regular season games ! (And -I think CLEMSON is BETTER than Marquette , for what that is worth ) !! Counting that Clemson Charity game , Tennessee is averaging scoring 81 points per game for 3 games vs D1 opponents this season while only giving up 57 and 2/3rds. pts. per game !! This should be interesting watching The Volunteers versus pee yew !!??

P.S. Marquette only has 6 players on their roster that are 6'7" tall or taller !! THREE of them did NOT even play versus pee yew !! 6^'7" Nebraska Transfer - Ed Morrow did not play versus pee yew !! 6'9" Freshman IKE EKE did NOT play versus pee yew ! And 6'10'"Harry Frohling did NOT play versus pee yew ! So-Only ONE HALF of Marquette's 6 BIGS even played versus pee yew !! Marquette did have TWO GUARDS who combined to score 49 POINTS VERSUS pee yew !!

Ike Eke didn’t play because he’s not good enough. Even if Harry Frohling was eligible, Haas would’ve still eaten his lunch. And Morrow is hardly a “big” seeing as how Vince Edwards is taller than him. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ike Eke didn’t play because he’s not good enough. Even if Harry Frohling was eligible, Haas would’ve still eaten his lunch. And Morrow is hardly a “big” seeing as how Vince Edwards is taller than him. 

xD...you've been HTD-trolled again...

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

What about it? Purdue was the only Power-5 team they beat that season.

Power 5?  That is a football term.  To me it does not apply to basketball.  They won road games at DePaul and at San Diego St.  Little Rock was a sleeping giant that year.  Sure, Purdue was better, but 30-5 is nothing to sneeze at.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Power 5?  That is a football term.  To me it does not apply to basketball.  They won road games at DePaul and at San Diego St.  Little Rock was a sleeping giant that year.  Sure, Purdue was better, but 30-5 is nothing to sneeze at.

Winning at DePaul was not anything worth noting. At San Diego State was a nice win though. And yes, Arkansas Little Rock was a very solid team. That honestly wasn't that embarrassing a loss. An upset for sure, but not an all-time stunner or anything like that (Purdue was only a 7 point favorite). It happens - teams get upset in single game elimination.

9 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

Winning at DePaul was not anything worth noting. At San Diego State was a nice win though. And yes, Arkansas Little Rock was a very solid team. That honestly wasn't that embarrassing a loss. An upset for sure, but not an all-time stunner or anything like that (Purdue was only a 7 point favorite). It happens - teams get upset in single game elimination.

And Cleveland St. says hello!!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER TEAM THAT I THINK IS BETTER THAN pee yew is XAVIER !! I saw them play recently and I think they could beat pee yew !! ole jawn purwho travels to the Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament . which starts this Wednesday , November 22 ,2017 !! Then we will get to see  how they [pee yew] do against THREE pretty good teams in a row ( that is if they ,  [ pee yew] actually end up playing the other  3 BEST teams in this Tournament ??)  They [peeyew] would have to win the first two games to get to play the BEST TEAM in this Tournament [imho] ! ( And -I do not think that is gonna happen ?????????) Seeing pee yew get beat will make my "FEAST WEEK " one to be THANKFUL for . I hates them smellermakers !! Go Arizona , Villanova , and/or  Tennessee !! Beat those arrogant smellermakers !!!!

Did a quick Google search for the term "smellermakers". 

All that comes up are quotes from HTD and a link to a product called "Smile Makers"

Maybe this site needs an index or glossary for the obscure :snack:

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Horrible loss. No excuse for losing that game. How on earth does Haas only have 3 rebounds? Yikes 

Kind of reminded me when we lost to Wake Forrest in Maui a couple of years ago.  Remember that season ended well for IU winning the conference.  It is a bad loss but it won't define your whole season.

Archived