Collin Hartman

3 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

That's my feelings as well! If Hartman is healthy than we are in for a good year!

Unheralded, and under promoted. I'm with you. A Healthy Hartman can make the difference, this year.  He doesn't have to score the most points. All he has to do is lead. To make the difference this year. 

I said this in the Hartman appreciation thread last season before senior night, and I will say it again now.  You can't win a championship with a team full of Colin Hartmans, but you also can't win a championship without one Colin Hartman.

No, I am not predicting a championship if he starts, but I bet we play our best basketball with him on the floor.  He starts until it's proven he shouldn't.  

4 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Very good question.  I think the starters will be:

Newkirk 

RoJo

Morgan

Davis

Green/Hartman

It's tough to say at this point, but Green seemed to prove himself as a starter, but if Hartma is 100%, you can't count him out either.  

Hartman is definitely sitting tommorrow's game out for precautionary reasons, per CAM's press conference today. Apparently he has an ankle sprain that he is dealing with. But I guess if we were to just assume that everyone is healthy, I would go.

Newkirk

RoJo

Morgan

Davis

Hartman

First man off the bench is Green.

I am most interested to see what kind of playing time both Smith and Moore and going to be getting. If Clifton really is a potential NBA prospect in a few years, as some sites are prognosticating, I would think we can expect at least some sort of impact this year.

i would love nothing more to see him healthy and playing as big of a role as many are saying.  that said, precautionary or not, he's not playing today and the season is upon us.  he hasn't played in over a year.  we'll see.  i don't know if Archie is flexible enough that he'd start a 3 guard lineup (Green) against certain teams and go with a bigger one at times (Hartman)?  will be interesting to see.

14 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Watching this game...if Hartman displaces anyone, it is going to be Morgan. Devonte Green is starting.

Agreed, Green is too dynamic to keep on the bench.  It was just one exhibition, but it didn’t look like Morgan or RoJo have grown their games much.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Agreed, Green is too dynamic to keep on the bench.  It was just one exhibition, but it didn’t look like Morgan or RoJo have grown their games much.

I agree about Morgan, that was disappointing. RoJo shot poorly, but he also had 4 asissts and 0 turnovers and played great defense. If he shoots like we know he is capable of, were talking about a very strong game from him. 

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree about Morgan, that was disappointing. RoJo shot poorly, but he also had 4 asissts and 0 turnovers and played great defense. If he shoots like we know he is capable of, were talking about a very strong game from him. 

Assists and turnovers were good, but we can’t afford for him to be streaky like he was last year.  He’s gotta be consistent  for IU to be as good as we want them to be this year.  But I think the off-ball role he’ll be playing this season should suit him well.

Hard to be down on kid for a bad shooting day. He is a good shooter. I agree with KoB. If he was hitting his shots we would have said he was great.

Shooting comes and goes. I think coach is more looking for execution of their principles.

However, I do agree. Life is much better when the shots go down!

Archived