Indiana vs Marian (Exhibition)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now able to talk about the First exhibition WIN for The Hoosiers this season !! About the same exact score as exhibition game #1 last season !! And- just about the same winning margin !! IU sounded pretty good , even without Hartmann & Durham playing !! Marian got off to a great start in the first half with TWO Frehmen Guards from the State of Indiana going off on the Hoosiers !! 'Archie & the Gang " made good halftime adjustments and pretty much shut those 2 down in the second half !! All in all , it was a GOOD start to the "Archie & The Gang " era of IU College Hoops , imho. I've watched Oregon and Kaintucky both play in exhition games thus far and I will see Arizona play twice over the next 5 days on the Pac12 network !! After seeing Oregon put up 124 points last night with former Butler player Elijah Brown [among several good players including another transfer from Illinois State ] scorch the nets with point after point , I believe that Oregon would give kaintucky all they want and then some on a NEUTRAL Floor [ like the NCAA Tournament] !!  OTHER BASKETBALL NEWS ::: BYU defeated New Mexico at New Mexico 79 to 73 in a Charity Exhibition game to benefit the Hurricane Harvey relief Fund ! All proceeds of this game went to the relief fund. ! BYU was led by a 6'8" SOPHOMORE Yeoli Childs , from South Jordan , Utah , who scored 17 POINTS and pulled down a WHOPPING 19 REBOUNDS !!!!!!!! -30-

IU FANS : RELAX-------- IU has only been practicing for a very short time and this was one of the EARLIEST Exhibition games [in IU History]  that was played on October 28 ,2017 !! That is kinda early to expect a finished product , especially wqith a new head coach , new assistants , with a new learning curve !! As it was  , The Hoosiers had 7 players that played 17 minutes or more !! I think we will notice improvement from exhibition game #1 and exhition game # 2 on Sunday , Nov. 5 , 2017 !! The Hoosiers will have had another 8 days of practice and preporation time ! Will Collin Hartmann and Aljami Durham be recovered from their injury problems ?? Something to look forward for  ??? Go Hoosiers !!!

Archived