Bob Knight

rico

On 10/29/2017 at 5:16 PM, HoosierJax said:

If you will recall the Connie Chung interview kinda got Knight looking after everyone got pissed over his comments during the interview,things quickly calmed down when rumor swirled about his interest in New Mexico.

Connie had a way of getting the most out of interviews! Newts mom anyone??

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Penn State can say the same about JoePa. 

Knight and Paterno.  Two great coaches, who created controversy.... albeit for different reasons.  Interestingly enough.... Knight told IU not to construct a statue of him.  While Penn State removed a statue of Jo Pa.... only to have several groups move to put another statue up , off campus of Paterno. 

Knight's problem was EGO , IMHO  !! RMK started to believe that his SYSTEM was so damn good that he could take any warm body and WIN !! He [ RMK] actually for all practical purposes left the recruiting up to his assistants in the latter stages of his tenure at IU !! He simply did NOT go out HIMSELF and actively recruit like he did when he started at IU !! Sad , but true. RMK let his EGO get in the way of COMMON SENSE RECRUITING !! That is - you gotta go get the PLAYERS  and he stopped going after them like he did in the beginning !!

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks Mile for the link! I'm sure the audience had a lot of fun although I don't quite understand how true IU fans want to be at Purdue to listen to what Knight had to say. But it looks good Knight and Keady developed camaraderie through fierce rivalry.

31 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Thanks Mile for the link! I'm sure the audience had a lot of fun although I don't quite understand how true IU fans want to be at Purdue to listen to what Knight had to say. But it looks good Knight and Keady developed camaraderie through fierce rivalry.

You are welcome.  I would not have started a new thread for this. However, since one was already started, I chose to link it here.

I understand that Hammel is a long time friend.  However he has turned into a Knight shill, IMHO.... not asking him why Knight is ok visiting PU and not IU... and also not addressing Knight's reasoning for not wanting a statue of him erected at Assembly Hall. 

54 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You are welcome.  I would not have started a new thread for this. However, since one was already started, I chose to link it here.

I understand that Hammel is a long time friend.  However he has turned into a Knight shill, IMHO.... not asking him why Knight is ok visiting PU and not IU... and also not addressing Knight's reasoning for not wanting a statue of him erected at Assembly Hall. 

Agreed. They talked about everything but the most important things. There was such a big elephant in the room, but everybody pretended there was nothing. I wonder how IU fans at the gathering were treated by Knight after the program.

20 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Penn State can say the same about JoePa. 

Wow! If that stuff went on under knights watch! Wow just wow! No matter what you think of him this should NEVER go there! To bring this crap here I am dumbfounded! A great coach that was by some too tuff. Vs a coach who protected a pediphile?? Ok I may be done here!

35 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

Wow! If that stuff went on under knights watch! Wow just wow! No matter what you think of him this should NEVER go there! To bring this crap here I am dumbfounded! A great coach that was by some too tuff. Vs a coach who protected a pediphile?? Ok I may be done here!

Unless I missed so.ething I think it said Knight is best basketball coach at IU and Joe Pa best football coach at Penn State.  Unless I completely misunderstood 

50 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

I’m sorry that you missed the point. Which is that being a good coach doesn’t change who someone is as a human being. 

4 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

DJ, a coach who demands perfection vs. a coach who covers up an imperfection that deserves death! That is all im saying! I haven't experienced this but I know  good people who have and every day I think about trying to rectify the problem!

I understand your point. And agree that Paternos transgressions far surpass Knights. But it isn’t as simple as Knight “demanded perfection.”

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I understand your point. And agree that Paternos transgressions far surpass Knights. But it isn’t as simple as Knight “demanded perfection.”

DJ, I don't know what to say but it is not a Night and day difference, pardon the pund! No ill will! But the  comparison just struck me to the core!

Archived