Pet Peeves

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Rivals (hoosier com).

I was talking about BTB. I participate over there a little, but not much at all. It has gone downhill with the attack dogs that come out. Not everybody is bad, but there are a lot more than there used to be.

I "fired" Rivals years ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DWB said:

I was talking about BTB. I participate over there a little, but not much at all. It has gone downhill with the attack dogs that come out. Not everybody is bad, but there are a lot more than there used to be.

I "fired" Rivals years ago.

Yea , BTB is my #2 after this obvious place !!

I think I only go to the septic cooler because I like pain, I guess?? :)

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Since we’re in the middle of it…people who don’t clear their rear windows and lights from the snow and are out trying to not get in an accident because they can’t see or be seen.

This is crazy dangerous, but lazy people are gonna lazy. 

39 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Since we’re in the middle of it…people who don’t clear their rear windows and lights from the snow and are out trying to not get in an accident because they can’t see or be seen.

I’ve learned that here in Michigan it’s illegal to not completely clean off your car. All those times when the snow pack slid off the top of your car meant something!

• 4 weeks later...

People who can't read maps. I follow a lot of weather geeks who post maps of weather forecasts and patterns and there's always someone in the comments asking where is this, what is this map showing, etc. 

I saw a Facebook post earlier today circling a region that could see severe weather in a few days, and someone commented asking what states were being shown (the map was large enough to see the all the Great Lakes). I sh*t you not, when I hovered over the person's name, it said they graduated from Purdue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

People who can't read maps. I follow a lot of weather geeks who post maps of weather forecasts and patterns and there's always someone in the comments asking where is this, what is this map showing, etc. 

I saw a Facebook post earlier today circling a region that could see severe weather in a few days, and someone commented asking what states were being shown (the map was large enough to see the all the Great Lakes). I sh*t you not, when I hovered over the person's name, it said they graduated from Purdue. 

It's appalling.  I'm pretty good at land navigation. Not talking rand mcnally but a topo map and compass. I'm amazed that I rarely find someone that can find north on a sunny day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's appalling.  I'm pretty good at land navigation. Not talking rand mcnally but a topo map and compass. I'm amazed that I rarely find someone that can find north on a sunny day. 

Back when my next door neighbor was Georgia’s largest State Park, I got so I could go anywhere in the park at anytime just because I knew the topography. It really is getting to be a lost art with everyone relying on their phone!

• Like 1

Also, I know I'm supposed to let these trickle out but I have a lot of pet peeves. Another one is people picking up their dog poop, placing the poop into the doggie poop bag and leaving the poop that's now in the bag on the ground. Do you think that's better? You're so dumb that you picked up turds that were already on the ground and placed them back on the ground. How high are you? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Also, I know I'm supposed to let these trickle out but I have a lot of pet peeves. Another one is people picking up their dog poop, placing the poop into the doggie poop bag and leaving the poop that's now in the bag on the ground. Do you think that's better? You're so dumb that you picked up turds that were already on the ground and placed them back on the ground. How high are you? 

Part of the new age elite who think they are doing the world a great favor by condemning the old school southerners who think they can still hire a black man to do yard work for 20$ a day! All the while they expect an illegal immigrant to pick up their dogs poop!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 2:11 PM, SawatchHoosier said:

Got another one from today. My retail shop sells online and for the life of me I can't understand why you would make a purchase online and then cancel within five minutes. If you're not ready to purchase just don't buy the item. Also, be a f$%^ing man and know how to budget correctly. It's not rocket science.

So, unless you're Jeff Bezos, I don't own you an apology 🙂

• Haha 1