Best of each State lists for foodies, and other food lists!

• 2 weeks later...

And now the best Hole-in-the-Wall Fried Chicken joint in every State! Still have not been to a single resteraunt in any of these lists! If I ever find it possible to retire I might have to make an epic bucket list road trip to visit them all!!😁

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/best-hole-in-the-wall-spots-for-fried-chicken-in-every-state/ss-AAFtaYe?ocid=spartandhp

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

And now the best Hole-in-the-Wall Fried Chicken joint in every State! Still have not been to a single resteraunt in any of these lists! If I ever find it possible to retire I might have to make an epic bucket list road trip to visit them all!!😁

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/best-hole-in-the-wall-spots-for-fried-chicken-in-every-state/ss-AAFtaYe?ocid=spartandhp

Highly disagree with their Colorado choice.  Best Fried chicken IMHO in Colorado is the pan fried chicken at Castle Cafe in Castle Rock cafe.  Be prepared for a wait, as they take up to 20 minutes to prepare some of the best pan fried chicken you have ever allowed to pass your lips.

Housed in an historic 1800's building.  Where the Cowboys who came into town on payday, would ride their horses through what was then a bar and hotel.

Castle Cafe

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Highly disagree with their Colorado choice.  Best Fried chicken IMHO in Colorado is the pan fried chicken at Castle Cafe in Castle Rock cafe.  Be prepared for a wait, as they take up to 20 minutes to prepare some of the best pan fried chicken you have ever allowed to pass your lips.

Housed in an historic 1800's building.  Where the Cowboys who came into town on payday, would ride their horses through what was then a bar and hotel.

Castle Cafe

Sadly, I've never been there either.😥

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Castle Cafe

Where I live, even though the South is known for doing fried chicken right. I'm told the best chicken in town is at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store!😩

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Where I live, even though the South is known for doing fried chicken right. I'm told the best chicken in town is at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store!😩

Round my parts. King Soopers. A grocery store. Does a mean fried chicken. Known as Chester Fried.  Totally great. So I can relate to Piggly Wiggly. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Was tempted to put this in the " Strange food that tastes good " thread, but most of these don't sound that good.

Strange food from every state!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-strangest-food-from-every-state/ss-AAGArFX?ocid=spartandhp

I would have thought it would be the brain sandwich for indiana. 

I have replicated the Connecticut steamed burger using a tuna can and vegetable steamer. Turned out very good. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

You guys keep talking about fried chicken....going to make me head to my favorite place in Indy. Soul food restaurant at 19th and College. Kountry Kitchen. During football season I try to eat extremely healthy Monday-Thursday because of the damage I do the other 3 days but I might have to make an exception soon. 

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich : Peanut butter, jelly, and banana . With or without bacon.

Elvis Presley's Legendary Midnight Sandwich Run on his Private Jet

Holy cow. I've made a junior sized version similar to elvis's sandwich with one twist. I put butter and cinnamon sugar on the outside before I cook it a bit.

Did not realize he preferred a coronary sized sandwich. 

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich : Peanut butter, jelly, and banana . With or without bacon.

Elvis Presley's Legendary Midnight Sandwich Run on his Private Jet

Should have taken the next step: coat the whole thing in funnel cake batter and deep fry it. Then top with melted butter and powdered sugar.

Bonus points if you use pure lard for the frying.

47 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Now we have the best 24/7 resteraunt in every state. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/open-all-hours-the-best-24-7-restaurant-in-every-state/ss-AAHcpsZ?ocid=spartandhp

By the way HAPPY CHEESEBURGER DAY!

Thanks for the link.  Pete's Kitchen in Denver.  Certainly the run a way winner for Colorado.  RIP Pete. Who died this past Spring, after decades of running, Pete's Kitchen along with a handful of other iconic restaurants along Colfax Avenue and other places in Denver.

Pete's Restaurants

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the link.  Pete's Kitchen in Denver.  Certainly the run a way winner for Colorado.  RIP Pete. Who died this past Spring, after decades of running, Pete's Kitchen along with a handful of other iconic restaurants along Colfax Avenue in Denver.

Pete's Restaurants

And sadly😥 I have still never visited any of the resteraunt's on any of these lists.  I guess that's what I get for living rural all my life!

Edited by Drroogh

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

And sadly😥 I have still never visited any of the resteraunt's on any of these lists.  I guess that's what I get for living rural all my life!

Though it was not on the list. Should you, or anyone else reading this thread. Finding yourself in Las Vegas. I highly recommend visiting The Peppermill.  Old time Vegas vibe, across the strip from Circus Circus.  And the portions are HUGE !

Peppermill Las Vegas

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Now we have the best 24/7 resteraunt in every state. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/open-all-hours-the-best-24-7-restaurant-in-every-state/ss-AAHcpsZ?ocid=spartandhp

By the way HAPPY CHEESEBURGER DAY!

Today I learned you can go to Lexington KY and order a "Country Fried Ho" 7 days a week.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:14 PM, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the link.  Pete's Kitchen in Denver.  Certainly the run a way winner for Colorado.  RIP Pete. Who died this past Spring, after decades of running, Pete's Kitchen along with a handful of other iconic restaurants along Colfax Avenue and other places in Denver.

Pete's Restaurants

My wife and I love Pete’s Central at Alameda and Pearl. We were in Greece for a week 30 years ago and love Greek food. I’ve never been to Pete’s Kitchen though, I don’t hang out on East Colfax much.

8 minutes ago, SteveS said:

My wife and I love Pete’s Central at Alameda and Pearl. We were in Greece for a week 30 years ago and love Greek food. I’ve never been to Pete’s Kitchen though, I don’t hang out on East Colfax much.

Breakfast at Pete's Kitchen, is basic. But very good.  Mornings.  You should be safe.