PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So , who y’all got for The Players?

My choice-Spieth at -15

I'm going Homa in my pool. Have quite a few lineups though on Fanduel. Lots of Homa, Rory, JT exposure with Hatton and Wu sprinkled in. 

Never liked this date though. I know it's impossible to move the Florida Swing around but with so much hoops on the next 4 days I'll barely see a shot.

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Anybody out there watching the match-play this weekend?  Some good golf being played.  

I have it on in the background but hoops will prevail today. I know the PGA has a certain flow to their schedule but I wish they would change the Florida swing up a bit. 2 weeks ago it was The Players opposite of conference tourney weekend, this weekend with Match Play up against hoops. 

My only wish is tourneys like The Players would be moved to say later in April. Same thought for Pebble Beach. It's a shame that track is an afterthought field wise where many take a break from playing.

Guess it's me being a selfish golf fan but couple of tweaks here and there wouldn't hurt the PGA one bit. Less competition in late April May tv wise too.

Masters week is finally here! Story for this week is unfortunately going to be the weather. We all know Augusta has the pump systems under each green so not worried about greens that much. With softer conditions though it might neutralize the length and roll some of the guys get off the tee.

I've tried to find it and google isn't helping. Anyone know of way to rank the best rain players over past 1-2 years? In quite a few pools this week. Looking for that little edge if I can find it.

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Masters week is finally here! Story for this week is unfortunately going to be the weather. We all know Augusta has the pump systems under each green so not worried about greens that much. With softer conditions though it might neutralize the length and roll some of the guys get off the tee.

I've tried to find it and google isn't helping. Anyone know of way to rank the best rain players over past 1-2 years? In quite a few pools this week. Looking for that little edge if I can find it.

Look at the guys who carry it the farthest off the tee. Carry not distance. Your best iron players. Greens in reg and distance from pin. Those are your mudders. DJ, Cantlay, A.Scott, C.Smith, JT all come to mind.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

Look at the guys who carry it the farthest off the tee. Carry not distance. Your best iron players. Greens in reg and distance from pin. Those are your mudders. DJ, Cantlay, A.Scott, C.Smith, JT all come to mind.

Thank you very much. Trying to find that 1-2 guys that won't be the chalk this week. Will have to dive into numbers tonight for sure.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thank you very much. Trying to find that 1-2 guys that won't be the chalk this week. Will have to dive into numbers tonight for sure.

Also go back and look at the last 4 or 5 ten 10 finishers at the Masters. going to be one of those guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Also go back and look at the last 4 or 5 ten 10 finishers at the Masters. going to be one of those guys.

Yep. Sure will minus the no fans in November year.

I'm puzzled what to do with LIV guys honestly. I have no clue if they can flip that switch to what they've been doing to the competitiveness of The Masters. Maybe it's not an issue. I'm just trying to see if DJ or even Brooks can flip it on this week.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Sure will minus the no fans in November year.

I'm puzzled what to do with LIV guys honestly. I have no clue if they can flip that switch to what they've been doing to the competitiveness of The Masters. Maybe it's not an issue. I'm just trying to see if DJ or even Brooks can flip it on this week.

i know you dont watch LIV but its as competitive as any PGA event. LIV doesnt have 48 Kory ferry tour members that dont belong there. Only there because of the 48 liv guys arent. I wouldnt bet against a LIV player winning. Honestly i'm hoping like hell one does, just to see the fall out.

If there is a bet, LIV players to win against the field I would take it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

V.Hovland making AN his bitch today so far. I know the Golf Coach at Ok.St. very well. He told me Hovland could win the Masters every year he plays. Game made for it.

That up and down at 10 from that spot was pretty darn unreal...I was thinking keep it within 15 feet was a good shot. I wasn't big on him this week because he's never shot a round in the 60's at Augusta.

Cameron Young playing well too. 355 carry on 9? Rain won't bother him. Have to mention Rahm as well. Starts off with a 4 putt and of course shoots 3 under on front.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1