Weather events

Reacher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of Spring Break travel plans this week and next. If anyone on here is headed South be aware that a strong chance of multiple tornadoes throughout Deep South tomorrow. Louisiana, Miss, Bama, NW Florida.

Have friends headed to St. George for break who actually decided to leave today to beat what's coming tomorrow. Be safe!

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of Spring Break travel plans this week and next. If anyone on here is headed South be aware that a strong chance of multiple tornadoes throughout Deep South tomorrow. Louisiana, Miss, Bama, NW Florida.

Have friends headed to St. George for break who actually decided to leave today to beat what's coming tomorrow. Be safe!

What time frame for Bama area? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All I keep seeing is Friday into Friday night. I would think as the day goes along combined with more heat would be the best chances but I don't have the exact timeline yet.

Thanks!  Wasn't aware of the threat tomorrow afternoon/evening. 

• Like 1

Definitely got my severe weather fix last night. Tornado warning was issued at 11:20 and the sirens went off. It took almost 45 minutes for the storm to arrive, but when it did, we got hammered. I started getting uneasy about 5-10 minutes before it hit because the wind died down and everything got very still. I didn't lose power, but the streetlights all went out, and the sky had a greenish tint to it. I also heard a roar that sounded like a train. NWS is sending surveyors to look at an area just southwest of me today. 

No real damage here, just some tree limbs down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

We had midwestern like weather in Delaware. Of course I had to stand out on my porch and watch like a true midwesterner!  Lost power for about 5 hours. Trees and limbs down all over. A couple tornadoes reported but none in my direct vicinity. It was the worst storm I’ve seen in my nearly 10 years of living on the east coast. 

• Like 2