Donaven McCulley Commits to Indiana

KDB

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

We also got 2 crystal ball picks this morning. Wiltfong (confidence of 8), and Trieu (confidence of 7).  Things appear to be looking really good here.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Donaven-McCulley-at-Lawrence-North-221003/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Oh wow.  What's the highest confidence you can have? 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh wow.  What's the highest confidence you can have? 

Looking through Trieu's history, it seems like he only gives 7, 8 or 9 a very short time before someone commits.  That almost seems to be his go to "I'm pretty sure I know where you're going, but can't say it yet" score.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Wiltfong also gave us a crystal ball pick for Sales (confidence of 7).  That would give us 2 of the highest rated in state guys left if we can get both of them.

Id be more than pleased with as an instate class...

Sales, McCulley, Jones, Steinfeldt, and Fiacable. Maybe flip Booker. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Wiltfong also gave us a crystal ball pick for Sales (confidence of 7).  That would give us 2 of the highest rated in state guys left if we can get both of them.

If we get those 2 they bump us 20 spots in class rankings lol  

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Id be more than pleased with as an instate class...

Sales, McCulley, Jones, Steinfeldt, and Fiacable. Maybe flip Booker. 

Heck yes!  If we got in-state kids ranked at that level in this kind of volume every year, we’d take it up another notch, IMO, given the talent we consistently land from Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, etc.

Not only are these kids highly ranked in-state, this is a particularly good class.  The state of Indiana has always produced good players but the numbers of high quality are much higher than, say, the 1980s when I was in high school.  We had talent like Rod Woodson, Anthony Thompson, or Jeff George and others but the numbers now are better IMO.  Changing demographics but also the presence of the Colts have enhanced football in the state.

• Like 1

• KDB changed the title to Donaven McCulley Commits to Indiana
Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Wow, that was fast. That’s awesome!   Big, strong, four star qb thst can move and has an arm. Young receiver recruits, stand up and take notice!

He has a teammate thats 2022 WR that has a Wisconsin offer :)

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Let's say Penix goes pro...we'll have RS SR Tuttle, RS FR McCulley, and RS SO Williams. 

This is by far the most competitive QB room we've had that I've ever known.  Sudfeld/Roberson was a great 1/2 punch, but we didn't even really have a backup once Roberson left.

I'd feel confident with any of our QBs getting snaps.

• Like 1

Just now, Leathernecks said:

This is by far the most competitive QB room we've had that I've ever known.  Sudfeld/Roberson was a great 1/2 punch, but we didn't even really have a backup once Roberson left.

I'd feel confident with any of our QBs getting snaps.

Had Coffman then too. He wasnt awful. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I liked Coffman.  If he would stayed that last year, we’d probably have one more bowl because that was when Sudfeld went down and we were forced to use a true freshman.

By the way, have you heard that Booker is flippable?  I think he does like IU from what I heard before.  I doubt Fleck would be at Minny his whole career too.  

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Btw our rating per player is very high. 2 full points higher than Rutgers who's 20th overall in class ranking. 

CTA and staff are getting it done. 

In 2019 we had an average of .8577 in what was our best class ever in the rankings era. Right now we're at .8640. Every commitment we have so far is really solid.

• Like 1

Just now, Leathernecks said:

In 2019 we had an average of .8577 in what was our best class ever in the rankings era. Right now we're at .8640. Every commitment we have so far is really solid.

That’s probably with a punter too.  I was just about to say that being ranked 46 seems to be low for what we have.  It must be based on quantity.  I mean, we’ve got an impact qb, receiver and rb, a big time defensive end and good prospects elsewhere.  

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That’s probably with a punter too.  I was just about to say that being ranked 46 seems to be low for what we have.  It must be based on quantity.  I mean, we’ve got an impact qb, receiver and rb, a big time defensive end and good prospects elsewhere.  

The punter isn't ranked, so he doesn't change it at all. I think they count the top 15 or 20 recruits for the overall ranking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

The punter isn't ranked, so he doesn't change it at all. I think they count the top 15 or 20 recruits for the overall ranking.

How many can we take? We have 2 guys that will graduate as grad transfers too. Swann and Taylor. I'm only counting 10 graduating SR and transfers total. Scott goes pro thats 11.