Donaven McCulley Commits to Indiana

KDB

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's so good and polished already. I'm assuming the plan is to have him play in maybe 4 games next year to save the eligibility? Good thing is if Penix does get injured we have an absolute stud waiting in the wings. Freshman or not.

He'll RS next year. I doubt he'd play any. Could be wrong though. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we still have Penix and Tuttle next year, I don't think he'd get much time. If one of those guys are gone next year, I could see him get in a couple games early, and then save a couple games for later in the season in case the starter goes down.

I also wouldn't sleep on Dexter Williams from last year's class. I was really impressed by what I saw and heard about him this winter/spring. Not that I would bet on him beating out McCulley, but he seems to be the forgotten guy all the time.

We've got some major depth at QB for the foreseeable future.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

McCulley is as good as they come. Center Grove is one of the top ranked programs in the Midwest and he's playing with them right now. LN up 13-0 at half. 

Just got home and turned the game on and saw the score and coudn't believe it.  CG defense has been great all year so LN scoring 13 in the first half is pretty good.  I have saw LN on TV two times this year and there defense has not looked really wel but to hold CG too 0 in the ifrs thalf is great.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Hate the term dual threat, but yes, yes it is. 

I know you hate the term, so I almost put you in the post.  I should have done it haha.

I didn't have time to look earlier, but it is even more impressive when all QBs ahead of him are included.  Here is where the QBs ranked in the top 100 overall are going, in order of Rivals ranking.

Oklahoma

Georgia

Oregon

Washington

OSU

Michigan

USC

Alabama

LSU

Indiana

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I know you hate the term, so I almost put you in the post.  I should have done it haha.

I didn't have time to look earlier, but it is even more impressive when all QBs ahead of him are included.  Here is where the QBs ranked in the top 100 overall are going, in order of Rivals ranking.

Oklahoma

Georgia

Oregon

Washington

OSU

Michigan

USC

Alabama

LSU

Indiana

We fit right in. 

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

Carson Steele probably the favorite. RB for Center Grove. 

That is really cool that you get to vote, which is especially cool to the majority of us who don’t ever get that chance. 

Has Steele picked a school?  Sometime back when I was looking at CG, it sounded like he was being recruited by ISU level schools.  I wonder if he’d walk-on at IU?

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That is really cool that you get to vote, which is especially cool to the majority of us who don’t ever get that chance. 

Has Steele picked a school?  Sometime back when I was looking at CG, it sounded like he was being recruited by ISU level schools.  I wonder if he’d walk-on at IU?

Yeah seems he's headed FCS. Lot of good football players in that division. Lots. 

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Just hope he doesn't screw up a knee, ankle etc.  Our luck seems to run in the wrong direction frequently.  😬

We want all of our recruits, in all sports, playing multiple sports. Good chance McCulley was going to be a starter on a state championship basketball team last year if Covid didn't hit. 

4 minutes ago, KDB said:

Sam Jackson decommitted from Purdue.. The guy they “wanted more” than McCulley. 

That 2021 class for them doesn’t look good at all.

It’s not nearly as good as the last two classes but it’s not awful. Should get a boost with Karlaftis and Mbow joining soon. 

Losing Jackson may be a blessing in disguise. Seems like a headache was avoided (per Josh Helmholdt on our board earlier). 

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s not nearly as good as the last two classes but it’s not awful. Should get a boost with Karlaftis and Mbow joining soon. 

Losing Jackson may be a blessing in disguise. Seems like a headache was avoided (per Josh Helmholdt on our board earlier). 

Don't want to clutter this thread too much, so I'll just say I love your optimism.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:57 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

On 12/8/2020 at 1:59 PM, btownqb said:

Yeah seems he's headed FCS. Lot of good football players in that division. Lots. 

Just saw on Twitter that we've extended a preferred walk-on offer to Steele.

Archived