Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Thought I was smart picking up Gallman after Barkley got hurt.  Did not play him the first week because I wanted to see if he was up to it.  He scored over 29 points and I lost because he was on bench.

Last week, I originally had him in the lineup at flex, but made a last minute decision to play Montgomery instead.  Montgomery was not that great but considering Gallman got concussed on the first drive, it was a good move.

Now, it's possible Barkley plays again before Gallman does.

The fantasy life! In two of my ppr leagues I went heavy on receivers/Kelce but always wait for the injuries to start mounting for running backs. I used Gallman right away but actually dropped him yesterday to pick up Malcolm Brown just in case the reports of thigh contusion are true with Gurley. 

No team is insulated from issues. You just hope your worse part of team is better than others worse....if that's even how you say that phrase. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

New England defense will be a difference maker all year.  

They have I believe only 2-3 games where they wouldn't be a starter. Depending on scoring system of league they have produced almost like an elite qb does each week....I have one league where they've gone 19, 51, 30, 28, 26, 36. I have complained for years about our scoring system in this league for defenses. 

I have, and played the Patriots defense last night for 27 points.

I also had to choose to play 3 of these receivers--Mike Evans, Josh Gordon, Will Fuller, Tyler Boyd and Terry McLaurin. I sat Gordon, thank goodness. Evans was non-existent last week and I can't believe that he's going to have two clunkers in a row, but his match up with the Panthers is not favorable. Still trying to decide whether I can trust McLaurin with the mess the Redskins have become, specifically in the quarterback position.

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I also had to choose to play 3 of these receivers--Mike Evans, Josh Gordon, Will Fuller, Tyler Boyd and Terry McLaurin. I sat Gordon, thank goodness. Evans was non-existent last week and I can't believe that he's going to have two clunkers in a row, but his match up with the Panthers is not favorable. Still trying to decide whether I can trust McLaurin with the mess the Redskins have become, specifically in the quarterback position.

Out of those 3 I go Evans, Fuller, and McLaurin.....although Washington will run and run on Sunday so there is some risk there. Smart move to sit Gordon. I don't own him in any leagues and iirc he's basically averaging 6-7 points per game. Hard to trust him or anyone in New England passing game besides Edelman. 

On 10/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, Steubenhoosier said:

Hopefully it worked out for you. Fuller dropped 2-3 TD's today and I didn't see live but sounds like Winston missed Evans multiple times or maybe he dropped them. At least McLaurin got in the endzone.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully it worked out for you. Fuller dropped 2-3 TD's today and I didn't see live but sounds like Winston missed Evans multiple times or maybe he dropped them. At least McLaurin got in the endzone.

Ahead so far. Kamara didn’t help me. I have Goff and Coleman playing and need about 12-15 more points to feel confident in winning 

Dissly injury on first series is actually making tonight's game a little more interesting in 2 leagues. Instead of just needing normal night from Rodgers or MVS in Adams absence I now need pretty, pretty good night from both. 

I will say I need Brees to get back asap because with him gone....Kamara is barely a 2nd round fantasy rb.....and would be nice if Mahomes thought to look for Kelce just a little more. After watching Colts/Chiefs game and yesterday Texans/Chiefs game they look for Kelce honestly about 1 of every 7-8 pass plays. Guy is so good to be overlooked that much.

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Lost because of Goff. I got outscored at the quarterback position 28.90-1.12. For most of the game he had negative points.

May be time to find a new quarterback 

Plenty of that happened yesterday. Some of the historical stats coming out on Goff's performance are just really, really bad. Felt like 1 year ago today the Chiefs/Rams were playing each other and they put up 100+ points and were going to dominate for a decade. Crazy thing about the NFL. Pretty good coaches on the other sidelines too.

5-1 on the season.  And, my highest scoring week is the one I lost.  My opponent just hit the jackpot all over that week.  With Amari Cooper questionable and DJ Moore on bye, I'm going to need to pick up a decent receiver to start alongside DeAndre Hopkins.   There are a couple available that I have my eye on.  Also have Nick Chubb on bye.  He's been a beast and will be impossible to replace, but going to go with Tevin Coleman, who should have a decent opportunity to do something against the Redskins.  

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Need to get some defense for Steelers bye week.  Here is the list of best available according to NFL.  Who do you suggest I pick up for this week?

Screenshot_20191015-221546.png

I'm in a similar boat this week in 1 league where I need to find one basically from similar list of these. Out of those I go get Jags.

I never touch anything associated with Bears game but if Mitch doesn't start I could see someone making a case for Saints. Otherwise...I'm rolling Giants on this list. Cross country travel for Arizona. Horrible Offensive Line. Might be worth 5-6 sacks alone. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Very similar this week. I think both have solid (not great) weeks. Both are seeing more and more touches as well as most redzone touches. That's a coin flip actually. 

I am going with Coleman...so that means Hyde will have a big game.

I know you have to play the stars when their active....but really, really struggling with Kamara this week. Lingering high ankle sprain with bye in week 8. Wish Saints would just come out and say he isn't playing. They signed a backup backup RB yesterday which might indicate Kamara does sit. If you don't have him already...would make sense to grab Latavius Murray.

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know you have to play the stars when their active....but really, really struggling with Kamara this week. Lingering high ankle sprain with bye in week 8. Wish Saints would just come out and say he isn't playing. They signed a backup backup RB yesterday which might indicate Kamara does sit. If you don't have him already...would make sense to grab Latavius Murray.

I heard on the radio that Kamara likely would not play.  And, even if he does, it's the Bears defense.  I woul sit him.

Well, the Mahomes injury is a serious blow to the ole fantasy team.  Pretty much tanks this week.  If it's long term, have Matt Ryan as a backup, which is good.  But, Kelce's value will take a pretty decent hit.  

On a non-fantasy note.  Losing Mahomes is bad for the NFL.  Even if you are not a Chiefs fan, it's easy to be a fan of Patrick Mahomes.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, the Mahomes injury is a serious blow to the ole fantasy team.  Pretty much tanks this week.  If it's long term, have Matt Ryan as a backup, which is good.  But, Kelce's value will take a pretty decent hit.  

On a non-fantasy note.  Losing Mahomes is bad for the NFL.  Even if you are not a Chiefs fan, it's easy to be a fan of Patrick Mahomes.  

Yep. Much like Brees injury. Big Ben injury. It impacts about 3-4 players on each team. Plenty of scrambling right now. For those down Mahomes....maybe Cousins has figured his stuff out. Just giving options to what might be left on waiver in most leagues. 

Archived