Carter Whitt

Vincent14

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is really talented and most vids show his highlights but the more vids I see I see a lot of negatives too.

I agree.  I've watched a couple of his games and he reminds me of Devonte.  Ill-advised 3s and reckless drives and off-balance shots.  I  think he's got an attitude problem as well.  He was ejected from his game in the John Wall Classic for a less than cordial conversation with an official and in No. Carolina that's an automatic 2-game suspension..  I've also seen him visibly upset with teammates when he doesn't get the ball even though his team gets a bucket.  He can jump that's for sure.

50 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

I agree.  I've watched a couple of his games and he reminds me of Devonte.  Ill-advised 3s and reckless drives and off-balance shots.  I  think he's got an attitude problem as well.  He was ejected from his game in the John Wall Classic for a less than cordial conversation with an official and in No. Carolina that's an automatic 2-game suspension..  I've also seen him visibly upset with teammates when he doesn't get the ball even though his team gets a bucket.  He can jump that's for sure.

He just seems single minded...very talented but I think his head is too big for IU. I won’t mind missing on him. We need talented guards but I’ve seen plenty of guards that Archie went after last summer...would rather land almost any of them. 

1 hour ago, MPM said:

Hard, hard pass on this one....DG 2.0

I would strongly disagree with this. Mr brother-in-law lives in Raleigh and has seen him play live in person and says that he is a very talented tough nose point guard that is engaged into the game very closely and is one of the best high school passers he’s ever seen! His handling is tight and in control which is the opposite of DG 

I know nothing about this kid, but absent context it's so hard to judge. That tape does not show impressive decision making, but what's his role? Doe his coach tell him he has to score 30 or they won't win? If so, then he's got to do what he does. But, some of those fade away and crazy deep 3's were brutal to watch. I just don't know what the alternative is for his team, nor can you often see the shot clock.

45 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

He had a good visit. His mother was really into the game. She really liked Archie. I think Indiana will have a real shot here IF they push for it. 

Obviously, prefer him as a '21 but Indiana seems to be interested either way. If anything, probably prefer him as a '20 but I know (factually) IU is hunting or open to hunting (wink) other '20 players once the season ends.

As for Whitt, passing and IQ are impressive. Body a bit of a ways to go and laterally needs an improve. Shooting is ok. Not bad. Not great. 

Nice to see a post from you, Coach.  I always appreciate what you bring to the board.

53 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

He had a good visit. His mother was really into the game. She really liked Archie. I think Indiana will have a real shot here IF they push for it. 

Obviously, prefer him as a '21 but Indiana seems to be interested either way. If anything, probably prefer him as a '20 but I know (factually) IU is hunting or open to hunting (wink) other '20 players once the season ends.

As for Whitt, passing and IQ are impressive. Body a bit of a ways to go and laterally needs an improve. Shooting is ok. Not bad. Not great. 

Coach.  What do you make of CAM saying well we have 2 scholarships available for this spring, not 1.  Even though from all public knowledge we only have one available.  Was that a mistake, slip of tongue, or let the cat out the bag on a transfer?  Or a these things take care of themselves type of thing?  

Thanks

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Coach.  What do you make of CAM saying well we have 2 scholarships available for this spring, not 1.  Even though from all public knowledge we only have one available.  Was that a mistake, slip of tongue, or let the cat out the bag on a transfer?  Or a these things take care of themselves type of thing?  

Thanks

remember this spring at his speech in Evansville that Archie said this class could be 4-6 players.

4 hours ago, CoachSS said:

RIVALS' REACTION, WHAT'S NEXT?

Whitt needs to get stronger but he is a heady point guard who really sees the floor and he's dangerous as a jump shooter. Because of his need to develop physically, a redshirt may be beneficial if he elects to enroll as a member of the class of 2020.

https://sports.yahoo.com/four-star-carter-whitt-options-171618649.html

Archived