Favorite book

KoB2011

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

They have one from 1975 season. Should I go buy it. 

Not familiar with that one either.  But, if it's similar to the two I do know from the image in your post, then absolutely go get it.  For me, they bring back treasured memories. For someone your age, you'll get a wealth of new information about the teams of the past. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not familiar with that one either.  But, if it's similar to the two I do know from the image in your post, then absolutely go get it.  For me, they bring back treasured memories. For someone your age, you'll get a wealth of new information about the teams of the past. 

I bought it and another book. Post pic later. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2017 at 8:34 PM, Colonialcrester said:

My undergrad was in telecomm and comparitive literature...I started my masters in comp lit but never finished.  My wife and I combined have almost 30,000 books ( we are downsizing though.). The reason I say this is after reading 1,000's of books my favorite is still The Lord of the Rings. :-). 

Still miss your posts and contributions, CC.  🙁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2022 at 4:41 PM, mrflynn03 said:

About halfway through 

download.jpeg.902cf372a0cb53f3956c508eb7ebb448.jpeg

It's about a mission to rescue B-24 bomber crews that bailed out over Yugoslavia during WW2.

Pretty good so far. 

I just bought this one. Used to read a lot of WW II history. Wasn't familiar with this story.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I just bought this one. Used to read a lot of WW II history. Wasn't familiar with this story.

I'm starting to read more about WW2 again. And plan to pick up some books on Korean War history. 

Civil War and Vietnam history is what I've read the most on. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

I've been into reading a lot lately (I go through stages). Right now I'm on the last book of the Gibson Vaughn series , which is some easy reading action based fiction. Fun books that are free on Kindle unlimited if you have it. 

After I get through this last one I'm going to switch back to non-fiction and dive into the Dave Grohl book I got for Father's day. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 4:41 PM, mrflynn03 said:

About halfway through 

download.jpeg.902cf372a0cb53f3956c508eb7ebb448.jpeg

It's about a mission to rescue B-24 bomber crews that bailed out over Yugoslavia during WW2.

Pretty good so far. 

I finished reading this one and highly recommend it. Not just for the WW II aspect but for the background on Yugoslavia and the OSS / CIA.

I also read this one and would highly recommend it as well. Fascinating on so many levels.

image.jpeg.aa43ef127178e58986c672e394dbe25a.jpeg

As for a few series I've been reading this year,  I read the first 4 of the Doc Ford series. Gave up on that one as it was just too much marine biology for me. Might go back to them some day.

Switched to Robert Crais and his Elvis Cole series. read 3 or 4 of those. He's an LA detective. Real quick easy reads. My wife didn't like them so I started a new series to see if she might enjoy them better.

Just finished the first book in the JB Turner / Jon Reznick thrillers series and liked it. Supposed to be more of a Jack Reacher type series. Right up my alley!

Hard Road

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Reading A Wanted Man. So far my favorite of the Reacher novels. And the best dialog.

Have the first 3 books of the Kent Family Chronicles on the way.  Written by John Jakes the storyline follows a family from colonial America through WW1.

My friend led me to this website

https://www.thriftbooks.com/

$15 gets you free shipping 

I think you'd enjoy The Brotherhood of War series by WEB Griffin.

It spans from WWII through Vietnam and chronicles 4 officers careers. It paints, from what I've read, an accurate representation of why the USAF split off from the Army Air Corp, and the development of the US Special Forces... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, IUFLA said:

I think you'd enjoy The Brotherhood of War series by WEB Griffin.

It spans from WWII through Vietnam and chronicles 4 officers careers. It paints, from what I've read, an accurate representation of why the USAF split off from the Army Air Corp, and the development of the US Special Forces... 

I put these on my wish list. 

• Like 2