Next up Ohio St

OLDIUFAN

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not sure exactly what it'd mean to the program, but it'd mean a s--tstorm for some folks in Vegas.

I remember back in '86 the Hoosiers were on their way when tOSU came to B-town.  The Bucks won 24-22.  A game in which IIRC that Stoyanovich missed due to family reasons.  The back-up kicker missed 2 FG's.  It put IU on the map even with the loss.  

On 9/9/2019 at 7:20 AM, Seeking6 said:

Saw that as well. Maybe it's being an IU football fan but this just seems off. I only see 2 more locks on the season. UConn and Rutgers at home....and 1 more vs Northwestern where I'll put them in the we should win category. That gets us to 5 wins. The rest of our schedule is either toss up or more than likely loss because games are on road. To put us at 89% seems off numbers wise.

Although I did predict IU going 12-0, I have to agree, 89% seems off. But maybe they know something we don't? Then again, 12-0 is going to happen. So that's that. Score prediction vs OSU: IU 35 OSU 34. 56 yard field goal as time expires. 

26 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Although I did predict IU going 12-0, I have to agree, 89% seems off. But maybe they know something we don't? Then again, 12-0 is going to happen. So that's that. Score prediction vs OSU: IU 35 OSU 34. 56 yard field goal as time expires. 

WTF?  What about 15-0 and a couple of trophies?  Geez.  LOL

Interesting question what would beating OSU mean to the IU program! Well for a week we would be the talk of the nation! Then things would fall back into place an we would need to win more games not just the ones we think we were going to win anyway. But would need another upset to really change the program. Should we and I hope we do beat OSU. The real challenge is do we keep winning. We wouldn’t have the element of it’s “just Ind”people will be ready to play us we would have a target on our back. 

God I want that kind of respect!! Get to 8/4 watch our recruiting jump up another notch! 

This is IU team has as much athletic talent and hopefully depth as we have seen since the AT heydey.  

We have an excellent stable of backs.  I'd lack to see the Oline give us a push in the run game.  That's a tough task against the OSU defense.  Chase Young is also a devastating pass rusher.  But, I want to see if we can get some runs in there.

On defense, we need to play disciplined and minimize the bonehead plays.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is IU team has as much athletic talent and hopefully depth as we have seen since the AT heydey.  

We have an excellent stable of backs.  I'd lack to see the Oline give us a push in the run game.  That's a tough task against the OSU defense.  Chase Young is also a devastating pass rusher.  But, I want to see if we can get some runs in there.

I just think are tackling has been to suspect not to give up big plays. Plus OSU athletes are going to be a lot tougher to tackle than what we have already struggled with 

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am hopeful...but this OSU team bears no resemblance to their team from back in the AT heyday.  Winning Saturday is going to require OSU to play poorly and IU to perform flawlessly...and the refs to call things evenly or better yet in IU's favor.  Just my humble opinion.

9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I am hopeful...but this OSU team bears no resemblance to their team from back in the AT heyday.  Winning Saturday is going to require OSU to play poorly and IU to perform flawlessly...and the refs to call things evenly or better yet in IU's favor.  Just my humble opinion.

I like the post, but remember this is pretty much the same Buckeye team that got destroyed by Purdue last year.

40 minutes ago, rico said:

I like the post, but remember this is pretty much the same Buckeye team that got destroyed by Purdue last year.

True...but I'm guessing they remember that game as does their new head coach.  But it's still a good point that I had forgotten.  Thanks, Rico.  Are you sure you're not related Enrico "Ratso" Rizzo?    😜

"Hey!!  I'm walkin' here...I'm walkin' here!"

Not overly optimistic about this weekend.  I've seen nothing this year to make me think we will be able to run the ball at all.  Think we will do alright through the air but not enough balance to beat OSU.  Defensively, I'm not convinced our tackling woes have been remedied.  Think this one has the potential to be really ugly.

29 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Not overly optimistic about this weekend.  I've seen nothing this year to make me think we will be able to run the ball at all.  Think we will do alright through the air but not enough balance to beat OSU.  Defensively, I'm not convinced our tackling woes have been remedied.  Think this one has the potential to be really ugly.

I tend to agree with you overall.  I take notice when our coach talks very directly about the number of high quality, high level athletes that OSU puts out on the field.  And how they only need a small opening or crease and boom...they're gone for a score.  Basically, we have no room for error defensively...and that's asking a lot, in my opinion.

Archived