Home security tips

mrflynn03

I have been saving this.  A true story, I got one back.

Guess it was probably about 10 years ago.  I was on the road all the time for work pretty much M-F and staying in hotels.  I live on a farm and of course I have a tractor for certain landscaping tasks.  It is an old small one.  But anyway, when I was gone somebody was stealing the gas out my tractor.  I was an idiot, I got a pole barn I could have locked it in a stones throw away.  But anyway I got pissed.  The police weren't helping, as a matter of fact they pretty much told me it was my fault for having it visible for passer bys.  So I took matter into my own hands.  One Sunday I was moving some dirt around in the barnyard.  I ran the tractor out of gas with my bucket in a dirt pile on purpose.  I left the hood up on the Massey and grabbed a gas can(red) and filled it up with diesel fuel and left it sit right by my tractor.

The following Friday I arrive home after being gone all week.  Ran right out to the barnyard and sure enough my gas can is gone.  I chuckle.  I look at my watch and realize I have enough time to make it to the bank.  I head out east to town.  About 3-4 miles from my place I see a guy with his hood up on a S-10 pick-up.  I stop and get out to see if he needs help.  He informed me that ever since he got gas that his truck wasn't running right and it finally just died.  I looked in the bed of the truck and saw a gas can that had "RICO" wrote on it.  I chuckled again.  Grabbed the can and informed him that was my container.  He told me he got that can from a buddy.  I said whatever and good luck with the truck.  To this day nobody has stolen gas from here.

You can't make this stuff up.  The heck with security, some times you take matters into your own hands.

Archived