Let's Get Ready to Rumble ! IU vs MSU pre-game thread

milehiiu

14 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I figured that's what you meant. Just having a little fun with it!

Maybe the mod team could make a site auto correct where if somebody actually does type the other word, it will automatically correct to Penix.

They could also auto correct anytime somebody says Boiler to the word that is close to Penix, but not quite haha.

Wonder how that would go over any time someone said "Boiler up?"

😝

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite auto correct from the old site was Dick Vitale's first name.  It changed it to "Purdue Person," so anytime someone typed his name, it would come through as "Purdue Person Vitale" because it couldn't differentiate a name from the slang term.

I laughed a little literally every time I saw it happen.

When Cronk went down it only reaffirmed my original prediction . I've had this game as an L.   I'm one of the biggest Kool Aid drinkers on this board. I predicted 9-3. This is #2 that I had as a  loss and I hope they prove me wrong so I can adjust to 10-2  ;)   

Enjoy the game folks! Ill be too busy to be able to unfortunately ..again ...go figure.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
First true road test for the Hoosiers.
See the game day essentials, tale of the tape, and our preview and prediction for a tough one in East Lansing this afternoon.

You could be right on the prediction, but I have a much better feeling about this than the OSU game even though the spread is the same.  I think we match up pretty well with MSU as long as Penix plays.  He can actually hit a few big plays against that defense which is what we need.  We aren't going to be able to have many slow, methodical drives down the field.  Big plays are going to be the key to this game, and I think we can hit a few with Penix at QB, and their questionable offense.

My homer prediction is 27-21 IU with the upset.

If I were to bet on it, I would bet about the opposite.  28-20 MSU win, but I think we'll make it a game.

Despite my prediction, thinking they have a great opportunity to set the table for how the rest of the season might play out from a confidence and execution standpoint. Even if they fall short just wanting a strong effort and answers to the question up front of how they will do trying to overcome Cronk's injury. Not the most ideal first game without their most vital Offensive Line player as I've saw and heard mentioned in various circles of fans I am aware of, who are following the team. .

At QB , Ramsey is running warm-hot right now with his efficiency, and it is all about the execution. No matter who is in at QB.. The WRs, Hendershot, and Scott are still impact players as long as they establish some momentum early and sustain it.  I just won't write them totally off no matter who starts since DeBoer and play- calling can make a huge difference. Just comes down to the guys even if they are put in good position to win. 

On the other side,  Ball showing up bigtime would be just what the doctor ordered for trying to slow the Spartans down enough to give the other side a chance. His individual level of mental focus as the leader on that side directly correlates to the defense as a whole,  although Cam Jones is rising and I also consider him among the most likely to help spearhead that effort with his individual performance on that side , as well. 

David Ellis ..I'm(among the many)  totally excited to see what he might do next. All day every day. Special teams look head and shoulders better than last year as a unit. Will it be enough? Kickers just need to keep making the kicks and keep IU drives ending in points but 7 is better than 3..Their best contributing could be giving the Defense long fields . Ill take any overall positive they may possibly provide as a unit. 

Best case for IU looks like both sides feeding off each other and it just rolls with enough improvement in the depth to hold on late. That would look like an offense giving the defense enough time to rest by sustaining drives. Then the defense giving the offense quick turnarounds to sustain any momentum that might be gained. IU takes their fans out of the game early, keeps them out of it ,  and sneaks out of a silent- or "loudly booing" stadium of angry green and white clan fans. With a pretty brass trophy full of Hoosier spit firmly in hand and headed to the IU trophy case until next year. :D

Worst case looks like MSU taking a leap forward and it not really being up to IU anymore should they get rolling at home and their fans stay engaged.. More missed tackles, and big plays allowed. Also one turnover too many by IU .  MSU's loss vs an Arizona State team that is looking better and better on paper and to the eye,  proves less of a black eye and more of an aberration on the Spartans record.  They(MSU) haven't exactly set the world on fire to date despite finding ways to win and showing grit, but I've saw many teams right their own seasons against Indiana.  A loss to IU could just as well unwind their season as we saw a few years ago.  Two teams with both promise and vulnerabilities in plain sight in a pivotal early conference matchup. . Which team wants it and executes their plan is what it boils down to. in the end . 

As of not long ago,  I get to watch this game after all ..  Lets get it!! GO HOOSIERS!!  Again .PROVE ME WRONG.. I have a pan for the crow .. Give me crow!

18 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Despite my prediction, thinking they have a great opportunity to set the table for how the rest of the season might play out from a confidence and execution standpoint. Even if they fall short just wanting a strong effort and answers to the question up front of how they will do trying to overcome Cronk's injury. Not the most ideal first game without their most vital Offensive Line player as I've saw and heard mentioned in various circles of fans I am aware of, who are following the team. .

At QB , Ramsey is running warm-hot right now with his efficiency, and it is all about the execution. No matter who is in at QB.. The WRs, Hendershot, and Scott are still impact players as long as they establish some momentum early and sustain it.  I just won't write them totally off no matter who starts since DeBoer and play- calling can make a huge difference. Just comes down to the guys even if they are put in good position to win. 

On the other side,  Ball showing up bigtime would be just what the doctor ordered for trying to slow the Spartans down enough to give the other side a chance. His individual level of mental focus as the leader on that side directly correlates to the defense as a whole,  although Cam Jones is rising and I also consider him among the most likely to help spearhead that effort with his individual performance on that side , as well. 

David Ellis ..I'm(among the many)  totally excited to see what he might do next. All day every day. Special teams look head and shoulders better than last year as a unit. Will it be enough? Kickers just need to keep making the kicks and keep IU drives ending in points but 7 is better than 3..Their best contributing could be giving the Defense long fields . Ill take any overall positive they may possibly provide as a unit. 

Best case for IU looks like both sides feeding off each other and it just rolls with enough improvement in the depth to hold on late. That would look like an offense giving the defense enough time to rest by sustaining drives. Then the defense giving the offense quick turnarounds to sustain any momentum that might be gained. IU takes their fans out of the game early, keeps them out of it ,  and sneaks out of a silent- or "loudly booing" stadium of angry green and white clan fans. With a pretty brass trophy full of Hoosier spit firmly in hand and headed to the IU trophy case until next year. :D

Worst case looks like MSU taking a leap forward and it not really being up to IU anymore should they get rolling at home and their fans stay engaged.. More missed tackles, and big plays allowed. Also one turnover too many by IU .  MSU's loss vs an Arizona State team that is looking better and better on paper and to the eye,  proves less of a black eye and more of an aberration on the Spartans record.  They(MSU) haven't exactly set the world on fire to date despite finding ways to win and showing grit, but I've saw many teams right their own seasons against Indiana.  A loss to IU could just as well unwind their season as we saw a few years ago.  Two teams with both promise and vulnerabilities in plain sight in a pivotal early conference matchup. . Which team wants it and executes their plan is what it boils down to. in the end . 

As of not long ago,  I get to watch this game after all ..  Lets get it!! GO HOOSIERS!!  Again .PROVE ME WRONG.. I have a pan for the crow .. Give me crow!

Ball has been a massive disappointment this year.  Only has 13 tackles so far, and doesn't have any other stats.  We need him to pick it up.

I was just looking at Ellis, and I think he might have been our only recruit last year who didn't have another D1 offer.  His 247 profile shows interest from MSU, but no offer, so I'm sure he is ready to go today.  Great find by the staff on him.

Watching the NW and Wis game, NW has nothing going on offense again this week.  MSU's defense is obviously elite, but we have a lot better offense than NW, so maybe we can put up some points.

Archived