IU Will Be Better/Worse Than 'Team' Because......

5fouls

On 9/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, DWB said:

I hope you're right. But I'm leery of Brunk being as good as advertised. After all, he's been in D1 for 2 years now, and has lower out put than Smith.

The limited video I've seen on Brunk says he's slow a foot, and I'm afraid he may be a fouling machine waiting to happen. Sure hope I'm wrong. I'd love for him to be as good or better than DeRon. But I'm taking a wait and see on him.

I think we're in good shape with TJD and Aarman. If Anderson doesn't step up his game this year, I look for Aarman to get those minutes.

It depends on what you mean by 'as good as advertised'? How is he being advertised? 

My hope/expectation on Brunk is that he's a somewhat athletic big (not in the Zeller or Bryant league, but more athletic than Davis) that is going to play hard, play smart, play with emotion/passion, be able to defend reasonably well when there are switches, finish around the rim, help anchor the defense and generally be in the right spots at the right time, etc. 

I don't think he's being 'advertised' as some guy that's going to come in and put up 12 and 8. He should be a solid role player and leader that brings experience, toughness, passion and smart basketball to the table. He probably ends up in the 18-20mpg range. He might start, he might not, but he'll be in the rotation and he'll be a valuable piece of the puzzle. 

Archived