Hoosier Hysteria..

3 hours ago, JugRox said:

yeah....not even close.

Going all the way back to Damon Bailey......they chanted recruits names if they were present.

The loudest for me personally was Gordon.

It's a hell of a lot closer than you think, Jughead.  You need to re-read what I said.  I come across casual fans every day who don't have a clue to IU is recruiting.

Seriously?  You believe that "Everybody knows who these recruits are and will cheer for them once they see them coming into AH"?

First of all, 98% of the fanbase aren't fanatical enough to even attend Hoosier Hysteria.  The vast majority of the students don't even show up.  I've been to HH too.  Yes, eventually, many recruits are spotted and chants start by a few and are picked up by more.  Many of the lesser-known recruits don't get their names chanted at all.  The crowd doesn't instantly recognize every recruit as soon as they enter AH.  I'll give you the Zellers, Gordons and Baileys, but that's not what was said.  Just a lot wrong with that statement from my experience at HH.  

...and that's why I thought it would be nice if the guests could stroll across the floor and get some fan love.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's a hell of a lot closer than you think, Jughead.  You need to re-read what I said.  I come across casual fans every day who don't have a clue to IU is recruiting.

Seriously?  You believe that "Everybody knows who these recruits are and will cheer for them once they see them coming into AH"?

First of all, 98% of the fanbase aren't fanatical enough to even attend Hoosier Hysteria.  The vast majority of the students don't even show up.  I've been to HH too.  Yes, eventually, many recruits are spotted and chants start by a few and are picked up by more.  Many of the lesser-known recruits don't get their names chanted at all.  The crowd doesn't instantly recognize every recruit as soon as they enter AH.  I'll give you the Zellers, Gordons and Baileys, but that's not what was said.  Just a lot wrong with that statement from my experience at HH.  

...and that's why I thought it would be nice if the guests could stroll across the floor and get some fan love.

lol...Ah ok....

you are at a 9, need ya at a 4.....

Any one else see Good ole Roy dancing in his pink jacket at Late Night with Roy? Nothing says come to UNC quite like fake classes and Coach Roy dancing like the drunk uncle at a wedding reception.  Stole that from Barstool.  Someone link video if they can. Hope that's not what it takes to get recruits. If I were competing against I would loop that video and play for every recruit and ask if this is the guy you want to spend the next few years with

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Tapping the breaks on the pink suit.  Seeing as how Coach Williams is on the Coaches vs Cancer Council.  And October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I am going to connect the dots here.

As far as his dance...... well...that's another story.   LOL

Pink , green or Blue plaid it doesnt matter still ugly. Makes sense on the pink but any shot I can take at Ole Roy I gonna take it

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I agree. But if somehow all 5 ended up deciding to come to IU well that would be incredible.

I actually believe the odds of that happening are better than Furst going to Purdue. On a side note with all of the misses, or should I say CMP electing not to pursue the 3 big men that went somewhere other than Purdue, Furst may see that as an opportunity to step right in from day 1 and start. I believe Furst will go out of state and if not IU or ND > PU

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Any one else see Good ole Roy dancing in his pink jacket at Late Night with Roy? Nothing says come to UNC quite like fake classes and Coach Roy dancing like the drunk uncle at a wedding reception.  Stole that from Barstool.  Someone link video if they can. Hope that's not what it takes to get recruits. If I were competing against I would loop that video and play for every recruit and ask if this is the guy you want to spend the next few years with

Roy is dancing becuse of the 3 5 star kids coming so far, in next years class.

Archived