Hoosier Hysteria..

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, let me ask the opinion of the board.  I get the feeling that an event like Hoosier Hysteria is not Archie's type of thing.  How does everyone feel about his cutting the scrimmage short for a recruiting 'obligation' that I would assume could have been scheduled for another time?  Is this real, or just an excuse to  cut it short?  I mean, there are no games of any sort going on this time of year.  What kind of 'obligation' had to be done today at at time that interfered with the event?  For me, cutting the scrimmage short due to being shorthanded with the injuries is something I understand.  But, the recruiting 'obligation' mentioned doesn't seem right for the fans that made the effort to come out and support the team.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, let me ask the opinion of the board.  I get the feeling that an event like Hoosier Hysteria is not Archie's type of thing.  How does everyone feel about his cutting the scrimmage short for a recruiting 'obligation' that I would assume could have been scheduled for another time?  Is this real, or just an excuse to  cut it short?  I mean, there are no games of any sort going on this time of year.  What kind of 'obligation' had to be done today at at time that interfered with the event?  For me, cutting the scrimmage short due to being shorthanded with the injuries is something I understand.  But, the recruiting 'obligation' mentioned doesn't seem right for the fans that made the effort to come out and support the team.

He's a total introvert and doesn't like the spotlight. Not a knock but it is what it is. It's why I've said many times that guys like Mack and Holtmann will prove to be much better recruiters.

I have a hard time believing CAM actually "left the building" with his top 2-3 recruiting talents in attendance. I suspect he cut the scrimmage short to prevent more injury, or the scrimmage wasn't looking all that great. Or both... IDK cause I wasn't there, but that seems logical to me.

21 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Not sure, here is the post 

65E01E5A-5BB5-41FA-B75B-9CDCF8D8DE22.png

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just my opinion- they put on a show today and a lot of work went into it.  The time spent with the fire alarm might have had more to do with it.

IU fans want to win and we need the players.  GO recruit Archie!  Bringing Calbert back today was awesome and more of a connection to a southern player than some one that KU brought in.  

1 minute ago, DWB said:

I have a hard time believing CAM actually "left the building" with his top 2-3 recruiting talents in attendance. I suspect he cut the scrimmage short to prevent more injury, or the scrimmage wasn't looking all that great. Or both... IDK cause I wasn't there, but that seems logical to me.

Then say..."we've got some guys banged up and did not want to have any more."

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Then say..."we've got some guys banged up and did not want to have any more."

Good point, but that does not appear to be Archie's style. Anything to do with injury, the whole U is paranoid about talking about due to loony tune HIPPA regs.

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just judging by the look on his face after he introduced Calbert and he (Calbert) said he wanted some walk-out music like everyone else and then did a little shimmy when the DJ started the music.....CAM had a "you gota be $h!t3n me look on his face". 🙄

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

And why not after too?

If I was CAM, I sure would. Get as much face time as you can with your recruits. Especially in an unstructured/unscripped setting. Word on the street is Arch is a funny guy away from the lights and cameras.

5 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Maybe he is doing something with them before and after.

Can’t imagine he would tell several highly coveted recruits that he had to take off for another guy.

I agree.  But, when the message is 'recruiting obligation', it sounded as if there was a deadline he had to meet.  What deadline is there for a group of kids who are there watching the scrimmage?  They were still going to be there 20 minutes later.

And i gota say, a couple of years ago CAM walked recruits across the floor and got his hand smacked.  Last year he walked them up and set them in a "special section".  This year, im pretty sure he snuck them in Mexican druglord style, cuz while I think I saw Leal, it was just dumb luck and there was NO fanfare for ANY recruit.  Kinda dissapointing.  If Lander was there, he didn't have his normal.....easy to spot hair cut.

27 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's a total introvert and doesn't like the spotlight. Not a knock but it is what it is. It's why I've said many times that guys like Mack and Holtmann will prove to be much better recruiters.

Would you stop please with your negative tone and it is not like Archie has not h a couple of all American recruits.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Would you stop please with your negative tone and it is not like Archie has not h a couple of all American recruits.

Scott, dbm can be negative at times, but there was nothing wrong with his post.  He made an observation and an opinion, which is the purpose of a message board.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

Scott, dbm can be negative at times, but there was nothing wrong with his post.  He made an observation and an opinion, which is the purpose of a message board.  

To me his agenda against Archie came out in that post because all he ever post is his hatred for archie

Archived