let's make some changes to hoosier hysteria

coachv

On 10/7/2019 at 3:21 PM, IU Scott said:

I am Pretty sure I heard that he had a slight stroke a few years ago.  Well I would guess that if you had a stroke they would not want you out there playing basketball with kids that are 15-20 years younger than you

i don't know anything about a mild stroke. maybe you can have a full recovery. i'm a lot older than moye and if i had an opportunity, i would run with those boys in a second. i may not score but i bet i could draw a foul or get an assist, dammit

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/7/2019 at 2:50 PM, JugRox said:

And this is exactly what people complained about with Knight.

It was literally a full practice........and it was boring as hell.

i would never find that boring. i would relish the chance to sit in on one of his practices

On 10/7/2019 at 3:27 PM, cybergates said:

Not to mention it was at/after midnight and we partied before going in. It was tough to stay awake even as a big fan when alcohol and boredom take hold.

well, by your own testimony, you came to party and get drunk, not to observe the team. what i propose isn't to entertain drunken revelers, it is to entertain basketball fans

15 hours ago, coachv said:

varsity hs for me as well. i loved what carrill did at princeton. remember the georgetown ncaa game where mourning had to block a game winning attempt at the last second to win? i still have an old princeton basketball hat that's about 30 years old. i used to run coach knight's 3 man baseline screen action against the 3-2. 

Are you still coaching. Are you in Indiana 

8 hours ago, coachv said:

well, by your own testimony, you came to party and get drunk, not to observe the team. what i propose isn't to entertain drunken revelers, it is to entertain basketball fans

No we partied and got drunk before going since it was a Friday or Saturday night at midnight. We weren't drunken revelers, it was so quiet there. I understand your proposal, but in this day and age it won't work for the majority of basketball fans, only the minority of hard core fans. I'd love to attend an open practice, but not for Hoosier Hysteria. 

9 hours ago, coachv said:

Please remember you have recruits to impress and a lot of younger fans in attendance. It's not a coaches clinic, its to get the fan base excited.

When the crowd is full of 12 year olds, you really don't want to be running 3 man weave or 3 on 2/2 on 1 drills for an hour.

HH is a massive recruiting tool now......and that's what all schools use it for now.

59 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Please remember you have recruits to impress and a lot of younger fans in attendance. It's not a coaches clinic, its to get the fan base excited.

When the crowd is full of 12 year olds, you really don't want to be running 3 man weave or 3 on 2/2 on 1 drills for an hour.

HH is a massive recruiting tool now......and that's what all schools use it for now.

i did not or do not propose running 3 man weave for an hour. in any event, guess i don't find the excitement in watching the players dance, dunk, and have yet another 3 point contest. anyway, let's go kick rutgers ass!

30 minutes ago, coachv said:

i did not or do not propose running 3 man weave for an hour. in any event, guess i don't find the excitement in watching the players dance, dunk, and have yet another 3 point contest. anyway, let's go kick rutgers ass!

My question is that if you never go to HH why do you care what they do for that hour and half at HH

1 minute ago, coachv said:

i don't care that much

I don't know about that because you have been complaining about this for 4 pages in this thread about it.  It is not meant to be a practice where the team uses to get better but just for the fans entertainment.  It was still over a month until the first regular season game so I don't think it was a big deal to take an hour and half out of the practice schedule to have some fun.  If people did not enjoy HH there would not be 8500 to 9000 people there every year.  I don't like the dunk contest at all and never really have except for when the NBA first started it with Jordan and Dominque.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know about that because you have been complaining about this for 4 pages in this thread about it.  It is not meant to be a practice where the team uses to get better but just for the fans entertainment.  It was still over a month until the first regular season game so I don't think it was a big deal to take an hour and half out of the practice schedule to have some fun.  If people did not enjoy HH there would not be 8500 to 9000 people there every year.  I don't like the dunk contest at all and never really have except for when the NBA first started it with Jordan and Dominque.

leave me alone. i'm getting bored

Archived