Lineup/Rotation Predictions coming out of HH

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/10/2019 at 6:53 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

I see where the disconnect is... I shouldn’t have said he’ll never see the floor with only two other guards, because I definitely think that he’ll be able to play with two guards, Hunter/Anderson, and one other big on the floor.  But as others have said, he’s still the 4 in those lineups.  

A better way to put it would have been to say he’ll never be on the floor with two other bigs — those bigs being TJD, Thompson, Davis, and Brunk.  If we’re regularly playing lineups with Smith and two of those bigs on the floor, we’re going to be atrocious on offense again.

Agreed.....

On 10/11/2019 at 2:27 AM, KoB2011 said:

RP

Green

Hunter

TJD

Davis

Al and Brunk both get big minutes off the bench (20+) 

I think Armaan sneaks in to relieve either Green or RP too. Not sure about 20+ min for Brunk unless DeRon gets into foul trouble. Brunk might split the time with Race. (not 50/50, but a split non the less)

37 minutes ago, DWB said:

I think Armaan sneaks in to relieve either Green or RP too. Not sure about 20+ min for Brunk unless DeRon gets into foul trouble. Brunk might split the time with Race. (not 50/50, but a split non the less)

CoachSS said about a month ago that Trayce and Brunk were WAY ahead of Deron.  Not saying he's right but he usually is.

12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

CoachSS said about a month ago that Trayce and Brunk were WAY ahead of Deron.  Not saying he's right but he usually is.

CoachSS knows his stuff. Never doubt him. I don't.  However, Coach Miller has said that De'Ron has been hampered with a hamstring.  Could be a reason for being behind.  Just my humble opinion.

23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

CoachSS knows his stuff. Never doubt him. I don't.  However, Coach Miller has said that De'Ron has been hampered with a hamstring.  Could be a reason for being behind.

If Brunk and DeRon are "inter-changable" that would be a great thing! (meaning no drop off in production)

I'm just speculating, like everyone else until the season starts. Kinda fun to see all the different opinions.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:02 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

When the season is all said and done, I wish there was some way we could find out the percentage of time Smith played with only two other guards on the floor over the course of the year.  My bet is it would be less than 10% of his total minutes. 

Last 5 games of last year it definitely was less than 10% according to this...

image.png.b6c84b48fd7d5287dcd170d5ddf1d28e.png

On 10/9/2019 at 9:51 PM, BGleas said:

I just don’t get it. I’m not trying to be combative with people, I’ve just never seen Smith show any skill at all to play the 3 or wing. Unless he’s drastically changed his game and improved his skills, he’s never show an ability for it. I don’t get what people are seeing?

It's more about what people aren't seeing. It's early October and people haven't seen him play in a while. The "Smith at the 3" posts only pop up in the offseason, when you can look at the roster and imagine "hmm this guy is 6'7", really good athlete, he can play on the wing right?".

There are no "Smith at the 3" posts during the season because when you actually watch him play basketball twice a week, it's painfully obvious he's not a perimeter player.

Archived