IU vs Maryland Pre-game Thread

milehiiu

33 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I think the difference is that this year, things have been relatively stable. Someone doesn't have to play out of his mind for us to have a chance. We've got a stable full of good horses, with some potentially great ones as opposed to two thoroughbreds, a few decent horses and a barn full of mules, nags and jackasses.

The biggest thing is that the "if" is gone most weeks. Previous optimism was "We can win this game If...". This year, and this week specifically, I find myself thinking "We can win this game. Period."

So true. Our depth is so much better.

I think having Deboer helps a lot too. I'm confident that he knows what to do. With Debord, I always felt like he didn't have a clue and we'd have to play extra good to overcome his terrible play calling.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WestCoastOffense said:

The IU defense is ranked 13th nationally (FBS) in total defense currently. Still early days, but not bad:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

A) How is this the first time I've heard this?

B) B10, 6 of the top 15

C) That Wisconsin D is STOUT. OSU has a great defense and Wisconsin gives up 50 ypg less than them. I don't care who you've played, if you're halfway through the season and are averaging less than 200 yards per game allowed, that's solid.

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) How is this the first time I've heard this?

B) B10, 6 of the top 15

C) That Wisconsin D is STOUT. OSU has a great defense and Wisconsin gives up 50 ypg less than them. I don't care who you've played, if you're halfway through the season and are averaging less than 200 yards per game allowed, that's solid.

The 50 ypg is somewhat attributed to style of play from the offense. That Wisconsin D is just sooooo solid. Them and OSU will be a war.  

5 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/indiana-whop-philyor-profile-football

Would someone remove my post if this was shared already, please .

I don't recall seeing this before. But then again I can't recall what I had for breakfast today.  LOL

Seriously.  Thanks for the addition to the thread.  This SI guy is starting to make me a fan of him. 

If Purdue can beat Maryland 40-14. last week.  I ask. Why can't IU beat Maryland by at least the same margin or more ?  Especially considering all the injuries, on the Maryland team,  since the PU game, . And losing an additional key player for the year due to an adjudication of a DUI.  That makes two key Terps lost before the IU game for the year. 

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I don't recall seeing this before. But then again I can't recall what I had for breakfast today.  LOL

Seriously.  Thanks for the addition to the thread.  This SI guy is starting to make me a fan of him. 

Same here on both, my friend!

As for you forgetting your breakfast; At least you had breakfast yesterday.Lol 

Just mentioning the word makes me want sausage, eggs , and biscuits with gravy, so that is now the plan for Saturday morning.  Hoping for some "turtle soup" for the remaining meals Saturday ;) 

5 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Same here on both, my friend!

As for you forgetting your breakfast; At least you had breakfast yesterday.Lol 

Just mentioning the word makes me want sausage, eggs , and biscuits with gravy, so that is now the plan for Saturday morning.  Hoping for some "turtle soup" for the remaining meals Saturday ;) 

Should have eaten before reading this post. So long healthy breakfast. Hello pancakes and bacon.

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

If Purdue can beat Maryland 40-14. last week.  I ask. Why can't IU beat Maryland by at least the same margin or more ?  Especially considering all the injuries, on the Maryland team,  since the PU game, . And losing an additional key player for the year due to an adjudication of a DUI.  That makes two key Terps lost before the IU game for the year. 

I hope for a blow out ,but will take any win! Always nervous about away games! Sometimes a wounded dog bites ! Was that two  years ago when a third sting QB lite us up! I know you can’t compare one year to another. Just nervous, because I want this game so bad. 

Archived